1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Division - General

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 25 Feb 2016.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

You can also just tap g once to bring up the throw icon to lob the nade you have equipped. I tend to just toss whatever i've got at the people I want to do the murder at.

2. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Made it to 25 the other night. Still not had a vector drop for me just yet. I'm a sniper / assault rifle kinda guy which appears to work well for me. Use the sentry to lead then away or distract while I move around and then head shot!

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am sure I have tried that but do not seem to get any throw indication, when I hit the left mouse button I shoot rather than throw. I try again when I go back to the game tomorrow.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Headshot with a rifle is pretty rubbish, the baddies seem to be bullet sponges.

5. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Same here, sniper and rifle. I just got to 20 level last night and got myself a nice Vector, till now I was using SCAR.
    Vector is funny one, small but pretty heavy on damage.

Its just at the beginning, do not worry, go and play, pick everything you get there and sell.
    Save up money for level 15-17, then you can buy some better guns. I was doing all side missions and encounters first to level up. Its good to upgrade your wings, those 1000 pts parts on each wing.

Level 15-16 is kinda a breakpoint to notice that sniper rifles are great for headshots.
    Especially when you get a sniper rifle that does around 2K damage but also has +144% for headshots. That's when the fun starts:)

Try what I wrote Glenn, it will work, trust me. I couldn't throw a grenade till level 12:)
    wheel was spinning and couldn't figure out what to do, cause I skipped the tutorial moment for it:)

6. techsar

techsar What's a Dremel?

awesome game, will try it as soon as possible. it's fun playing in the dark zone sometimes it can be just ridiculous!!!))

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Just wait until you reach "end game". Challenge mode missions take the bullet sponge concept and turn it up to 11. Unless you get very lucky with a crit stack you are looking at multiple DMR headshots (crits for ~ 250k) to down even the weakest of enemies.

Honestly I enjoyed levelling up to 30 (DZ level 30) with my Mrs but beyond that I quickly lost interest. I am geared enough to run the Incursion but I have no desire to do so. Something really needs to be done to inject some life into the end game (even bringing back the 4 HE drops would be a start).

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I tried incursion a few nights ago and gave up due to the bullet sponge effect.
    I don't mind it being tricky, but without giving much away there are 15 rounds of 'the enemy' that you have to finish off.
    After 4 rounds we'd had enough and gave up - it had already taken us something like 20mins to get this far. I shan't be tackling that again until I can despatch rank 32's in a few head shots.

I'm still deciding on what guns I want. I'm now 10 phoenix credits away from a Vector blueprint that I want, so will give that a go. I currently have an ACR.

My 2nd gun is a hunting rifle (with a x15 scope) which I love. Granted it only has a 5 bullet mag and slow re-load, but with a damage of 50k it only takes a couple of headshots to take out even some the higher ranks - sadly, it's still not enough for the rank 32's.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

As I have just started this game there will be a lot of daft questions.

If I want to do a side mission I just click on map (M) then there will be side missions showing or do I need to go walkabout in an area trigger them?

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

in each safehouse is a bulitin board, interact with it and it'll fill in all side ops in that part of town.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Right mate cheers, came across that in the Chelsea safe house but I did not realised that it populated the map with side missions.

12. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

There's also a board in Camp Hudson just before you leave the area and don't forget the one in the BoO (Base of Operations/Post Office)!

Last edited: 20 Apr 2016
  13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Will do. Thanx.

14. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

While I'm here, what are your thoughts on the bans handed out by Ubisoft? I'm a little eeeeeeh about them handing out bans for exploiting stuff you shouldn't be able to do anyway. Surely fixing them would be a better idea? It is, alas, typical Ubisoft though :( I want to like you Ubi, I really do, but you make it so difficult...

[EDIT]
    OK, so I've read now that they have fixed the Falcon Lost glitch, however this is the same exploit that was in previous missions so... it looks likely it's gonna be there in the next Incursion.

2nd Edit: there's a newly found exploit that lets people temporarily give their guns ridiculous damage and it's killing the DZ :sigh:
    [/EDIT]

Last edited: 21 Apr 2016
  15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Not sure what you mean by this. Do I sell everything in my inventory after each mission. Surely that will leave me without a weapon?

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

No. Every time you are at the shop (inventory, upgrades, guns or other guys) all you can sell is stuff that is in your backpack, not the stuff that is on you or your main guns. All the stuff for sale is stuff you are not using at the moment.
    What I always do is I run missions, pick everything that pops out from dead bodies, all stuff I can find around in boxes etc and sell it once my backpack is full or I'm in main base or a shelter. Generally there is no cool stuff till you get around 15 level that is worth to buy, but if you want its up to you, you can buy better guns if you decide it's better that the one you have on you. For example I started to buy good stuff (like pink stuff) when it started to show up, like after level 17. Till then I was swapping my gear with something better I found.
    Same for crafting - gather as much tools, gun parts etc as you can, so when the time comes (you get some cool crafting blueprints) you can use them all to get some really good equipment.
    This is really RPG game, its up to you what route you will pick.
    My advice for the beginning apart of saving money and crafting bits - try to get your main bits in all wings developed. Check which one in medical wing gives you more medic kits etc
    At the end at level 30 you will have everything developed anyway.

At first I didn't like this game, wanted to sell it straight away:) I hated the idea of bullet sponge NPCs, but now when I went through certain level, I like it. I play single player only and it is still fun.

Most of the time I go back to it because of the graphics (4K on 40" screen) and the climate this game has... I love it:)

If you get to higher level we can play some missions together, or even now, if you find some missions hard, let me know, I can join you and help with some bits.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2016
  17. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Managed to do the Incursion last night with two very angry Americans. Was fun anyways.

Also managed to get two Green drops whilst in the DZ. I think I'm fairly lucky at this game..

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

So how do I know what is in my backpack and can be sold and what I am actually using.?
    Does my backpack also have the gun parts I have found as I surely would not want to sell them.?
    I have noted not much gets dropped I have just killed a guy with a big gun which opened up the medical wing and find that I cannot get his gun which I find odd.

I will probably stumble though my first playthough, which is par for the course for me before perhaps getting things right on the second.

19. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

When I levelled up I didn't sell or buy anything. There's no point wasting credits on gear you'll be replacing in a short period of time as you level up. Anything I didn't want was deconstructed for crafting parts. If you do all the side missions in each borough before moving on you'll get enough gear from drops and rewards, plus be sufficiently levelled to deal with any of the main missions without too much trouble.

20. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

When you press I, you get your inventory. Guns you are using will have numbers on it, like I II and III. All other guns won't have those numbers. Only looking in your Inventory by pressing I you will see all things you have.

INVENTORY
    [​IMG]

When you are in shop selling things, you won't have your guns on the list or any other equipment you are using. All available there will be stuff that can be sold without taking them off you.

SELLING
    [​IMG]

Gun parts, fabrics etc are also in your inventory, you need to switch there to pouches to see those little bits as well as granades, ammunition etc

[​IMG]