1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

I've played kv4 with d25t and love it. 100 battles and 53% wr. Just to get st1. Which isn't as good as it looks. I have 58,5 wr on it but there is no such fan as it was on is8

Sent from iPad via tapatalk

2. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Hello bit-tech World of Tanks players!

I should have an opportunity soon to interview a producer for WoT PC at an event celebrating its fifth anniversary and also discussing future plans. I expect there will be some news announced which I'll do my best to dive into, but also wanted to see if there were any specific questions people wanted answered? I know a fair bit about the game from previous coverage but I'm not a player myself so am not on the ball with regards to the latest hot topics etc. Thanks for any suggestions!

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Oooh, I shall formulate a couple of questions in that case.

4. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Not sure if anyone here is still playing this or not, but I completed the 5 year anniversary mission yesterday (fairly basic 5 wins with good placing within team) and got 4 extra garage slots for not much effort.

There's other benefits like 24 hours premium, but the garage slots were the attraction for me as I only had one spare slot left. Now, what to fill them with...

5. legoman

Done mine, only got the four year reward but still nice to get the slots. Also picked up my first tier ten as well which is expensive to run but satisfying at the same time.
    First couple of games have been a bit meh, fired at an enemy tank in one game missed but got the critical hit sound, post match turns out id whacked something friendly for 1024 dmg! Oops.

Best kill was ammo racking an E100 sending his turret onto the E50M beside him, said turret then destroyed the E50M an the E100 got a team kill for it.

6. Risky

Risky Modder

What Tier X are you running? I'm going to pick up the E3 when I log in.

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

lol harsh for the E100!

Congrats on the first T10. I actually had the E100 as my first T10 but I get the impression it was well past its hayday with the rise of the T10 mediums so after 100 very painful games I sold it.

I use the Centurion X now, the British T10 medium and I love it! Not only is is a fun tank but a vast improvement over the FV4202 it replaced, actually making the Brits competitive at T10 medium level.

8. legoman

JP E100, I derp stuff!

9. Vetalar

Well only t10 I hate is Soviet ob.268. After very good ob.704 t10 is just ugly. Absolutely idiotic gun IMHO. Unpredictable projectile trajectory. Dumb "doesn't penetrated" with 300+ mm pen... And very high "cost" of every shot. One must deal damage at each hit or one become useless in battle. At any t10 I've played one can "miss a hit" and still be valuable at battlefield, but not on 268. I have t62a, ob140, is7, e100, WT E100, t57 heavy. Played enough e50m, jgpz e100, t110e4 at common test and have very good feeling about all this t10s.

10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Is the IS-7 still worth it? Previously I got to the E100 and thought it very unpleasant after the 'rise of the mediums' and am hoping the IS-7 will be better.
    I play tanks very infrequently at the moment so the E50 and IS-7 are a slow burn anyway, just curious however.

11. Risky

Risky Modder

12. Vetalar

Well is7 as e100 with 15cm kwk playable only with premium shells. I've tried on regular shells but it lacks pen. Is7 has very fun gameplay

13. Risky

Risky Modder

I haven't playe dthe M44 much for a bit but took it out for a few tonight and this hows what it can do with no HEAT and a little touch of fortune.

[​IMG]

Pure HE as usual for me and for once luck and judgement worked together to allow me to kill five with the last five shells I fired! (The VK30.01H was perhaps a bit unlucky to get one-shot like that, mind you).

http://wotreplays.com/site/2648386#serene_coast-veryrisky-m44

14. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I see you beat the O-I XP pinata three times and a pile of damage fell out :thumb:

15. legoman

Nothing like slapping one of those with an arti piece, or a KV2, im at work so cant upload it but ill bung a replay from my SU144-22 up later, let down by a scout who ran away from everything :(.

16. Risky

Risky Modder

Yeah HEAT would have perhaps penned the O-I, but chances it would have been at least two to four bounces of zero damage hits for each pen. For me HE works as when you hit the tracks you get assisted damage rather than zero. If I was less bad@tenks I might be able to land HEAT on target and might use it a bit.

17. legoman

To be fair most of the Jap range you can do nice damage with HE, they have so many flat surfaces an not a lot of armour on the roof it makes it easier.
    Apologies I didnt upload last night was meant to have a graphics card arrive but it didnt so should be tonight once im done faffing and wowing at the new found prettiness of everything.
    Going from a 6950 2Gb to a R9 380 4Gb. Main bonus, going from a massive 339W draw under :jawdrop: load to 200W

18. legoman

19. Vetalar

I've jump from 6950@70 to r9-290x so no watt-saving for me :)

20. Risky

Risky Modder