1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

They will probably just rub the screen with a cut potato.

It does look pretty stupid but if its for safety then that's more important than looks in my opinion.

2. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

Rain isn't the problem with them. Plenty of options/tech to get rid of standing water... the problem is hitting a decent sized bug at any speed and having it splatter across the thing.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Nico getting a default championship it seems.

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Indeed, a few of my friends feel like they gave the championship to Hamiltion last year, and this year are giving it to Nico. with a little issue here, a little issue there, a small tweak here and there. as opposed to letting them race and potentially knock each other off ( again )

Someone needs to call up Nico mid battle with the classic line

''Hey Nico, its your cousin Roman....Lets go bowling''

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Mercedes expect penaltys for Lewis for engine related stuff. He could start last yet again.

They will struggle to keep him motivated if the gap gets too big.

6. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Will autoglass be available for quick repairs from chips and cracks?
    TBH I prefer that option over the halo. The halo looks absolutely stupid never mind given the right angle the driver could still be hit

7. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Brilliant quote! love it

8. rollo

rollo Modder

So Lewis starts at best 15th on a track that has no stratagy options and is difficult to overtake on. Good luck with that one.

Wonder if they will do what they did for Nico box him on lap 1 and run the race on one set of tyres.

3rd engine in 4 races penaltys will come later in the season.

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

That would be true for any other team, but he sits in a Mercedes car.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Probably the worst car in dirty air lol

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Poor Toto, Its the fans that keep him in a job and the rest of F1 without them the sport would be nothing. So for him to complain about them moaning is quiet sad really.

If he wants to shut them up build 2 reliable cars and they will stop.

Not a great race in truth, front 6 were seperated by nearly 80 seconds at the end. Do not know what kyvatt was thinking in truth. To hit someone once is bad enough to do it twice is just plain stupid.

This whole ferrari will compete is utter nonesence, They are if anything further away than they have ever been. Red Bull are closer on the twisty tracks.

I expect Nico to match the record for most consective wins, Ferrari will not stop Mercedes.

12. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I see crybaby Lewis didn't celebrate today lol.

13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

From a championship point of view I reckon that's the season done and dusted...

14. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

425 points still up for grabs, this is not finished yet.

15. RedFlames

It's finished imo, anything else is wishful thinking... Lewis has the look of a man who's given up on this year already...

16. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh that's what I was thinking, silly to right the title off this early.

One DNF for Rosberg and a win for Hamilton and he's right back on his heels.

I think the history goes that anyone who has won the first three races has never failed to win the championship but that's just statistics because anything can happen and will. (plus its only happened 6 times so in my eyes is purely coincidental)

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

There are seventeen races left - anything can happen but, even if it was a foregone conclusion, I don't give a damn.

So far this season has provided a lot of first class action up and down the grid. I've barely given the podium places more than a fleeting thought, and still been thoroughly entertained.

18. RedFlames

I didn't quite mean it as 'might as well switch it off now'... more 'it's going to be even duller at the front than normal, the interesting stuff will be in the mid-field'...

Other than the start, the pit stops and the flag, i don't recall seeing Rosberg's car at all in the coverage...

19. rollo

rollo Modder

Coverage is focus on the more entertaining bits of the race it's just not at the front. Also agree it's wishful thinking for the title.

Bookies even think it's wishful thinking Lewis is as long odds as he has ever been whilst in a Mercedes car.

Mercedes have a PR backlash on there hands toto knows that they must deliver 2 reliable cars for the next race or they will get another slaughtering on social media. Mercs problem is they have a lot of fans that are Lewis fans first Merc second.

I do like Nicos comments about Ferrari saying they are no threat. It's been proved the truth though another disapointing season for them ahead.

Red bull with a decent engine would be closest.

20. RedFlames

Sauber to miss Barcelona in-season test

'We have no new bits to test, and no 'young driver' to test them with' with are Sauber have said.
    'We have no money/can't afford either of those things' appears to be what everyone has heard.