1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Has the world gone mad?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 3 May 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Frenchman sues former employers for £280,000 because his job was so BORING it made him depressed and forced him to quit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...280-000-job-BORING-depressed-forced-quit.html

In deference to Nexxo and anyone else that considers the Mail beneath then will this do?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ing-he-was-bored-out-of-his-job-a7010506.html

I have certainly found some aspects of work boring in my time but sue my employer?

PLA uses rap-style music video as new recruiting tool.

Logical I suppose given the gang culture, violence and murder associated with certain rappers.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2016-05/02/content_25007441.htm

Last edited: 3 May 2016
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

1. Daily Mail. Dude, really.

2. It's not the first time one culture has appropriated something from another culture without understanding the origins, context and meanings behind it. It's a bit like all these cool tattoos of Chinese characters you see here, with totally random meanings.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

This little titbit seems to have been left out of the mail article
    Its what I had suspected on reading the mail article and is not the first time I've read about this strategy online. Whether its true or not is up to the courts to decide.

To be honest I wouldn't mind a number like that. I would use the time to pursue my own interests, get some qualifications or do some projects that would be fun/educational. No point being goaded into leaving when you can get fired for building a watercooled behemoth at your desk :D

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

A couple of friends [one who can speak/read Mandarin and Japanese] take great pleasure of winding people with said tattoos up...

Stuff like [regardless of what the tat actually translates to]

'Nice tat... but is it supposed to say 'Fire Extinguisher'?'

As for the first one, dubious source or not... Employers dicking people around so they leave rather than having to fire them/make them redundant is hardly a new concept. I've been on the receiving end [they openly admitted as much when they eventually got rid of me], but luckily I saw it coming and played it to my advantage.

5. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It is against the law in the UK, though. It's called constructive dismissal.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC that works only if you leave. Because I could see it coming I made sure that if they truly wanted rid, they'd have to sack me... took them for a for bit of coin too the way I timed it, they were still paying me 3 months after I left...