1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Valve bans 170 'Pro Gamers' that were using LMAOBOX

Discussion in 'General' started by B1GBUD, 3 May 2016.

1. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I’ve quit battlefield battlefront because of “cheaters” like seriously? Get a freaking life!

“ProGamers” sad low life cheating scum!

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I wish EA would do the same with battlefield. Filthy scums, indeed.

4. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

I though that was what the PunkBuster service was for...

5. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Not so pro anymore :D

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Its one of the lamest most pointless things I can think of to cheat at!

Should be shot at dawn.

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I find it pointless to cheat at games. It destroys the sense of fun. It's like playing a game on god mode, or an FPS with an infinite, never reloading gun.

8. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

VAC was supposed to be cheatproof and yet...

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

You'd think so, but people actually cheat at HL2DM. Not so many players nowadays ofc, but still it beggars belief how low some people will go just to win a game.

10. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Good point...

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

People have been cheating on TF2 since the first year. I distinctly remember wallhacks/ballhacks being used by the snipers.
    Lamers who can't compete employ cheats to make them look better than they are - how is that different to any other online game?

12. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

What made me laugh the most was the value on some of the cheaters backpacks, a whole lot of money has, deservedly so, been lost.

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

the main problem with PC gaming at the moment is the massive hacking problem. its in a lot of games from CSGO, battlefield, Division and so on and so on. VAC is the best around for going against hacking but its by no means good enough. Which there was a big security company that would make and sell a really advance anti hack system to game developers or something :(

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Denuvo seems to be working wonderfully in the cracking world can’t they somehow carry that over to hacking and stuff? I remember blizzard had a program which ran in the background and checked what was happening with your computer which completely failed.

If background processes are being tracked and it’s failed how far do gaming companies actually have to go before people stop ruining the damn experience for everyone else!

I had an idea a few years back in which you basically put together a security company which has access to the games being played, when someone reports a real live person the controller can watch and take action straight away banning the cheater.

Perhaps that’s too costly for companies though and if the "pro cheater streamers" didn't get caught on cheating on twitch this system already fails!

15. B1GBUD

There needs to be a way of ensuring the display output from the GPU arrives at your monitor, unmolested, validated and secure. If there is something in-between manipulating/overlaying/re-rendering then it needs to be detected and defeated.

A signature based system will never stay one step ahead of the cheaters.

16. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Isn't that HDCP?

18. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Server side Calculations does kill 100% of hacks / cheats though...

just look at World of Tanks / World of Warships...
    Aimbots, have been a common issue with the game for a LONG time now, and showing almost no signs of changing as the Devs just are not willing to put the Money in to sort it out ( after all, they are still making money so to them, there isnt a problem ) all a hacker would have to do in a server side game like WOT, is modify the skins of the tanks so the weakspots are a bright colour, then code a small program to move the mouse to that colour, the server gets told you are aiming at the right spot on the enemy tank and BOOM! ( WOT does have alot of RNG that can mask this though ) you have a usuable aimbot in a Server side game

at the end of the day i dont see a way to deal with 100% of the cheats in any computer controlled game system, it ends up down to the developer team and how much money they want to put into combating cheats / Hackers

boot up any popular game more than a year old ( aka since the Dev's have moved on ) and it wont take you long at all to run into Hackers / Cheats, i played some COD4 the other week, and half the servers i went to had some sort of Questionable behaviour going on...

one other massive issue is that there are 2 types of Hackers, those that abuse the hacks and those that just use them. the Abuser uses hacks exclusively and is VERY easy to spot and ban. The user on the other hand is smart enough to not use it all the time and make it obvious and uses it just enough to give him a massive advantage and often is just seen as a 'skilled player' and have believable stats.

19. B1GBUD

That's only applicable on HDMI and DisplayPort, and devised as an anti-piracy measure? it's not so much about that though. Are you saying that if your're using HDMI or DP then you can't run a hack of somesort?... No.... But I suppose what I actually meant (or was trying to say) was from the API's perspective. It needs to be locked down so no third party nasties can alter the actual visual aspect by overlaying/revealing chams or wallhacks.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You said "there needs to be a way of ensuring the display output from the GPU arrives at your monitor, unmolested, validated and secure," which is literally what HDCP offers. To quote the HDCP Pikiwedia article:
    In other words, HDCP uses authentication and encryption to ensure the display output from the GPU (or other HDCP-compliant source device) arrives at the monitor (or other HDCP-compliant display device) unmolested, validated and secure.

Okay, so it's already been cracked - but it was supposed to do that, so my point still stands. :p