1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming New Battlefield titled Battlefield 1, takes place in alternate reality WW1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by JakeTucker, 6 May 2016.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I know that Pre-Order & EA/DICE doesnt always end well, but..... damn, on the look alone it's gonna be gorgeous.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm quite hopeful about this one, I've always been a fan of more historical settings and all of the current modern warfare games have gotten rather stale. Hopefully it'll break up the constant comparison between Call of Duty and Battlefield too with the former going for a more futuristic game this time.

Of all the things I want in this game, a great single-player or co-operative campaign is at the top of my list... wouldn't mind a few levels flying one of those planes, or even sitting in a gunner seat for a two-seater.

4. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

I actually love BF4 and Kudos for at least attempting something different. It would have been easy for EA to just up the graphics, new maps etc and call it BF5 and it would have still sold well.

(it also makes me think of a new BF2 set in an alternate WW2)

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I hope they get this right. I love that era as it is any way.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Those are the exact two things that are firmly down at the bottom of my list for ANY Battlefield game.

Battlefield was, from the start, a multiplayer game - and any time spent tacking on lackluster campaigns to try and emulate CoD was time that I believe should have been spent fixing game-breaking bugs and sorting out balance and latency issues.

To my mind Dice/EA should do their very best to return to the focus and pace of the game's legacy : BF1942 / BF2.

With all that said, you will likely get your wish. EA will undoubtedly wish to be all things to all people, and the only ones who will be disappointed will be the fans who have so far bought and played every release in the franchise.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Alternative (entirely made up fantasy nonsense) history because realistic WWI wouldn't make a very fun gaming experience.

8. AiA

AiA Minimodder

i'm guessing there will be no helis

but the game looks like it will have some new ideas and hopefully will be fun

Also want a good a single player game

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

This.

Really, anyone looking for SP games needs to look elsewhere.

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

Verdun would like to disagree with your opinion

11. suenstar

Sadly there's a severe lack of good single-player shooters that have a nice and simple theme.
    I struggle to name three good games in the past couple of years that don't revolve around nonsense like zombies, the apocalypse or insane futuristic technologies.

I'm praying for Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 to be decent when it comes out later in the year, though CI Games doesn't have the best track record with the series so far.

12. Splooshiba

Splooshiba Minimodder

Ohhh please let it be as good as this trailer looks.

And well said XXAOSICXX :thumb:

13. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Hoping for a great campaign. And to the 'multiplayer only' crowd, there is a reason not everyone likes multiplayer and it goes something like this:-
    Spawn, dead, spawn, dead, spawn,mdead...ahh ****c this shite.

I Really enjoy trying to beat the challenge laid down by the developers and I really like completing a game. Multiplayer just goes on and on and on and on.

14. suenstar

15. Xir

Xir Modder

Does sitting in an animated trench for hours then getting shot while getting up sound like a fun game experience to you?

16. south side sammy

south side sammy What's a Dremel?

the maps in the game are real places and the game is supposed to be based off of fact. no alternate reality here. Spock's not in this movie.

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

you never took history did you? trench warfare was only a part of WW1 (although it dominated the French war) - many many other battles were fluid and dynamic. In fact the war in 1918 easily could have been WW2

18. Xir

Xir Modder

You reference Verdun, which stands for French Trench Warfare

19. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

who buys BF for SP campaign LOL, go and find other games if you want SP campaign - BF is for MP all the way, 64 player servers and WW1, hurrah!

Tags: Add Tags