1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battleborn Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 9 May 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

..and both are a complete waste of time and money unless you have a regular team to play with.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

League of legends has proved that is not the case. Most of its player base plays SoloQ the implementation there been that your solo.

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Did I miss the MOBA part in Overwatch? What were they? :confused:

5. Satertek

Satertek What's a Dremel?

Overwatch is a class based shooter like Team Fortress 2 and Dirty Bomb, not a MOBA.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

I actually had to google MOBA first. :duh:

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Overwatch and Battleborn are very, very different games. It's a shame people think they're the same. Overwatch is 100% Blizzard does TF2. Battleborn is more like Super Monday Night Combat.

I finished the Battleborn campaign with friends the other night and I really liked it. It's very Borderlands and (apart from Saboteur on Advanced with 5 people cos they're fixing that) it was lots of fun. Apparently I'm also some kind of freak if the internet is anything to go by as I solo queue all the time. I just wish Gearbox would hurry up and fix the matchmaking cos it appears not to have any whereas the open beta did :eyebrow:

I think more people will get Battleborn when it's in the inevitable sales. Gearbox always do good sales. I didn't buy it, but I'm having fun with it and probably won't get the season pass, but I'll see what the missions/skins they put out as DLC are like. New characters, PvP maps and modes are all going to be free so I won't necessarily need to buy any DLC. Just yesterday while trying level up Oscar Mike to complete his mastery I ended up playing a mission with 4 other Oscar Mikes. All strangers and we had fun. That's all I ask of a game :)

8. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Hex, I've been playing both quite a lot. I'm just really not into Battleborn at all I suspect.

Oscar Mike is my favourite character though. Every one that I unlocked I kept coming back to him.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've played the beta of both Overwatch and this (mainly solo), and while I can't say I didn't have fun playing them, I think I still prefer PvZ (which I've just started getting back into).

10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I love PvZ too, I just wish all the kids didn't have Kinect. Dear god I can't mute people fast enough!

That's fair enough. I'm the same with Overwatch. I thought I'd love it (though not enough to buy it, I have TF2), but the open beta leaves me cold. So much so I'm forcing myself to play it when all I want to do is be on Battleborn instead.

Oscar Mike is pretty amazing, his lore is so good too! In fact all the lore is great. Also playing story missions with different characters gives you different dialogue which is nice.

11. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I had more fun playing this than Overwatch, although, no one ever really seemed to know exactly what was going on. This definitely has a moba feel, which I don't usually like, but I found enjoyable the way it was implemented.

Overwatch is TF2 with regards the visuals and classes but more Unreal Tournament in the shooting mechanics and play style.

12. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Ditto :/

Tags: Add Tags