1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - Coming FREE to PC this spring! DX12

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 2 Mar 2016.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've got SLI enabled and the game doesn't crash, whether it's actually using the second card or not I don't know yet, not got any overlay on it yet.

Scratch my earlier comment on the AI too, seems pretty poor actually, lots of crashing, whether that's just because I was running into the back of some on my first race and it's copying me I'm not sure, :D.

Mine doesn't seem to be able to handle Sebring properly, gets all laggy there, had a major freeze last time too, whole game paused for about 20 seconds, thought it had crashed and was just about to ctrl+alt+del out and it started working again.
    Don't think it's a graphical lag though, it feels/looks more like ping based lag, although I can't see why it should be when it's singleplayer, :D

2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Just had a couple of races. Very good for free - don't like the idea of microtransactions to unlock good cars, but hey they've gotta make money somewhere. I think it'll be quite fun.

(I like the reflections through the windscreen, car models seem a bit indistinct at a distance though).

3. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

missed this one, (Thanks OP)
    I play this quite a bit on the Xbone while im babysitting.
    gonna DL now and see if the saves cross over.

As this is just a port from the Xbone, I dont expect anything amazing looking but this is a good game to have a quick blast on, Arcade/sim.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

For anyone who wants to see if SLI is running, download GPU-Z and run 2 instances of it and then select each card at the bottom, after clicking on the Sensors tab and then click on each sensor so it shows max in the little box, that will then show what the max usage of each card was whilst the game was running.

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

If Forza 6 works like the previous games on Xbox do, then it's a constant online connection to Turn 10.
    As you race around, the game learns your habits and driving techniques, It stores this as your 'Drivatar'
    When you start a new race, the game downloads a few drivatars so it feels like your racing friends rather than AI, which is why you'll see 'Live' gamertags over the cars.

Sam

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Or you could enable the SLi indicator ;)

7. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I downloaded all 18Gb of this and I have to say it's fantastic. The graphics are great, the handling is spot on and it's got some brilliant circuits in it (Brands Hatch and Spa Francorchamps are my favourites). The weather and night effects are pretty spectacular too.

Not bad for free. ;)

The only bug I've found is that when I choose a car sometimes (from the vertical list) before starting a race, it goes all the way to the bottom (as if my controller is jammed down). Restarting the game or quitting eventually gets around the issue. Maybe it's my wired Xbox 360 controller?

Anyway, it's pretty awesome. :)

8. rollo

rollo Modder

It does support SLI, 98-99% usage on both gpus.

9. Bogdan

Bogdan What's a Dremel?

Can anyone say if you can customize the cars? I'm talking about differential conversion, engine swap, body panels and so on.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What a total total shitfest.

Fire it up, wait EIGHT MINUTES of prompt promptpromptpromptprompt. Do I want to login to Xbox Live? No. Oh, wait, I have to. Why ****ing offer then??

Alt+tab, it crashes.

Start again, faster this time, but I get an unskippable movie (!!) that pauses if I alt+tab again. Screaming obscenities at it now. JUST HURRY UP.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait, oh it's finished and instead of a menu I'm thrown in a car and in a race?! What the **** is this? No menu? Options? What the hell is going on??

Total, total shitfest. What a terrible, terrible user experience and blight on the Forza name.

11. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Doesn't the one on the Xbox do that to you too? It throws you into a race to determine your skill level.

Someone forgot to take his rage pants off last night. Daaaaayum, son. :D

I looked at the recommended specs and just laughed. Are they for real? I wonder how it will cope on my rig.

12. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

All I can say is that it works fine for me, no crashes here whatsoever. Obvious question - are you running the latest graphics drivers?

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's a total user experience fail. Every game has a menu system and they don't try to teach you a tutorial while you're racing then goes "Oh by the way that was a timed lap for coins". What? For real?

Nonsense unskippable stuff. Nonsense load times.

Xbox live mandatory? Then why ask as if it's optional and throw me out the game? Piss off. This is a PC, not Xbox. It's forced multiplayer nonsense down your throat. I just want to do some laps.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

Never had any of your issues. I do have a xbox live account though.

Using the xbox controller seems to be what its designed for.

15. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Downloading now :D

Been wanting Forza on PC for years, I don't mind paying for some of the cars if they are ones I want to drive :)

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Actually, I think quite a few driving games recently have thrown you into a race before showing any menu.

There was one, can't remember what it was now, but it chucked you into a race straight away, and you couldn't change jack before you finished that first race, with all assists on and graphics not set correctly. That was annoying.

If it's done well, with not too much bull before you start driving, I think this sort of into/tutorial system can work well, but done badly and it's rage quit inducing. :D

@Bogdan

No, there's no visual or performance customisation like in previous forza games. You can tune the setup on certain cars (mainly only race cars). I would imagine they might add customising in later if they keep developing it.

17. Behemoth

For a free game, I'm impressed, not quite sure where the last 2 hours have gone to be fair. Ran as smooth as butter on my SLI GTX 660's :)

18. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

Been playing this for about a week and really enjoyed it. Had a few game crashes but loaded back up and always worked fine after that. Graphics are good considering specs of my pc. Only complaint is no steering wheel support

19. Behemoth

I've spent alot time playing this game. I like it alot, works nicely on my xbox 360 controller and my modest PC cuts through it like a hot knife through butter.

There are a few things I was sad not see like car upgrades and so on, but again it is a beta and free so I suspect I may have been expecting too much. Would also be a massive download with a full load out of cars like in the xbox version.

If all the next ones run like this on PC I shall be a very happy man, there will be no need for me to buy an xbox one :)