1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Uncharted 4: A Thief's End review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 16 May 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Sorry, Jake, but can we use proper English please? It's normality, not that horrible abomination "normalcy". ;)

This game almost makes me want to buy a PS4 - I played the others on PS3, it'd be nice to round off the series.

3. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Normality and Normalcy are both accepted English. :)

I'd actually recommend it if you were a fan of the other games. It's a great game, although do check there's some other stuff you would enjoy before you splash the cash because PS4's are still ruddy expensive.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

This turned up in the post this morning, perfect timing as I've only just finished the Witcher.

I've not been quite this stoked about a game in a while though, which can be a double edged sword. I was super stoked about Fallout 4 until I was eventually convinced not to bother playing it to avoid the woeful disappointment.

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

..but I certainly would regret buying PS4 right now given all the rumours.

6. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

The TV trailer does make it look like a good game and this review backs that up - I'm very tempted now. I don't have a PS4, so might have to 'borrow' my son's, it is in the front room after all.

One comment on the review. At the end to the left of the Outstanding icon it says 'overall 0%'. I know you don't use the % rating anymore, just thought I would point out that I can see it.

Not having ever played on a PS4 or even shown any interest in one, does the game have low/locked frame rates? I ask, because even on the TV advert it's laggy. For example, when the stone door is closing it judders rather than sliding as does a lot of the animation.

It drives me up the wall when a game has low/locked frame rates as I do pick up on this and after a while I get so frustrated I have to turn it off.

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

According to the OED, Normalcy is an Americanism, coined by Warren Harding (who, linguistically, was the George W Bush of his day). In British English, normalcy is a mathematical term, and the accepted noun form is normality. :p
    Yeah, that's the problem. There aren't really any other exclusives that would justify the cost.

8. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Yup, although I would add "The Last of Us".. same problem with the Xbone and Halo. Nothing else that I'm interested in that I cant get on the PC.

9. AndyN

AndyN What's a Dremel?

I feel the same way, I would love to play this game as I have really liked the previous ones, but there is nothing else on PS4 that interests me at all. I just wish that Sony would release an official emulator/VM for the PC, I would be willing to buy one to allow me to play a couple of games instead of wasting money on a console that would barely be used.

10. Vallachia

Vallachia What's a Dremel?

But there's a new Ratchet & Clank game! And a Ratchet & Clank movie! Ratchet & Claaaaaaaank!

I suppose there is Bloodborne, The Last of Us Remastered (if you haven't played that game) and, yeah, not a whole lot else.

Killzone Shadow Fall was good fun though.

My PS4 sits for months unused, *sigh*. I kinda blame all this 'exclusive' BS. There are some fun games on both major consoles, but gamers would be better off if they could buy all the games on whichever console they like.

11. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

ND are so crazy talented. Wish they developed for PC, we'd finally have a dev pushing the hardware again.

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Loving this game, I have never played any Uncharted game before but really glad I picked this up. Looks like this will be the second game I complete on my PS4, the other was The Last Of Us Remastered.

Tags: Add Tags