1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield 1 [5]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 5 May 2016.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

http://instantrimshot.com/

For you.

As with all BF games, probably leave it six months after release.

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Unless the guys I play with buy it (they won't), I won't be buying this. Like Parge put it, Dice's games lately have been less than stellar on release. Coupled with the fact premium is pretty much a necessity.

Think they should have just called it Battlefield and left off the 1 part.

3. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

This battlefield looks different to the last couple, Im looking forward to it :)
    However I wont be Pre-ordering this time :eyebrow:

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i think the only bad battlefield was hardline, which dice had nothing to do with so im really looking forward to this.

5. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

6. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Not sure if preorder thanks to the bad experience after BF4. But I'm really looking forward to this game.

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Wow, how good is that trailer?!

And there's horses!

*adopts best Irish accent*

Look at the herses! Look at the feckin' herses!

Ahem.

8. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

At least in the setting the single player might hold some water......... I said might!

Well things can only get better from linear single file marching simulator BF4.

Fingers crossed they actually try to push the multiplayer past the previous heights of BF2/2142 - I wait with bated breath.

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not getting touched, Dice still have not fixed Battlefield 3 or 4 to the point of being playable enough to enjoy them.

I do not trust Dice anymore to be able to put out a game where it's not full of bugs that have not been fixed, in BF4's case around 2 years and in BF3's case around 4 years.

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Can't say I've ever experienced any noticeable bugs in BF3 or BF4 (though I've only started playing BF4 in the past month so missed all of that launch issues), I've had the odd crash but I put that down to my computer as I have somewhat bizarre security settings that sometimes argue with Punkbuster.

Quite looking forward to BF1, I've been enjoying Verdun and have always preferred the more classic weaponry other modern stuff so it could be one that I'll spend a lot of weekends playing.

11. fix-the-spade

Go play the BF4 campaign.

If you can get through the first three missions without being forced to restart more than five times by bugs, go buy a lottery ticket you jammy sod.

The BF4 campaign is in pretty much the exact state it was in at launch, that should give you an idea of how the rest of the game was.

12. suenstar

Already have a continuous lottery ticket, I suppose I could get an extra one if I achieve that target though.

I'll give it a go this weekend to see how far I can get before it breaks.

13. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

BF4 has a campaign mode?

Honestly, why do they bother?

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Some of the BF4 campaign wasn't terrible. I played the 3/4 campaign before getting into the multiplayer to get slightly used to the general mechanics and gun-controls. I cna understand why having to complete the SP campaign in BF4 to get three of the multiplayer guns would have irritated people, but I actually thought it was a pretty good idea.

Also, with BF1 being based around what I assume will be somewhat historically accurate battles and locations could be really awesome.. I'd love to see what they are able to do with rolling artillery barrages and 'going over the top'.

I will eventually end up pre-ordering it anyway, but will probably do so towards the end of the summer when some more information/leaked footage comes out...

Thinking back to the launch of BF4, and then all the work and progress done via CTE etc, I'd really like to think the launch shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as BF4's was. If they implement the triage system along with all the HUD customisation we got in the last year or so, it should be a far far better out of the box experience.

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Crikey, I had no idea but having just looked it up to confirm, it appears that you're right. I was much happier not knowing this.

16. suenstar

Finally got around to playing through the campaign, it didn't seem to have so many issues so they may have actually fixed some of the stuff you've experienced.
    However, it was painfully dull... I think some close quarters sections and a bit more need for tactical planning would've fixed a lot of my boredom during it.

The only really noticeable one that caused a bit of frustration was the level where you're swimming inside the Titan and the physics goes all over the place, managed to push through it by bouncing off the walls. Other than that, the only other bugs I experienced were small things like enemies clipping through objects, teleporting or being launched 100ft into the air from a minor collision.

In the end I got it completed it without any restarts forced by bugs/glitches.

Last edited: 29 May 2016
  17. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Without wishing to take this too far off topic, how long did it take you to complete the campaign? I might grind thought it if it's not too long.

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Battlefield 4 ? Around 5-6 hours on hardest difficulty for me. Didn't do all of the achievements tho, which might be needed for some weapons i think ?

19. fix-the-spade

You have to play through the last level three times and pick each possible ending to unlock the P90, M249 and QBZ 95-1.

All the other unlocks you will get just through playing the campaign end to end. For multiplayer it's worth having the M259 and the P90, they're very competitive.

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Yeah, i was mistaken, i confused them with the assignment unlocks.