1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Doom (2016)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 3 Apr 2016.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You could use Nvidia's DSR?

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

You have only just started if there the only weapons you have, i never used the pistal after i got the shotty, its pretty useless.

The shottys are pretty awesome once upgraded.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've only done the first level and, yeah, this is the FPS I've been looking for.

Don't see why it wouldn't, long as you can actually display at that resolution (or use DSR).

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The reason for asking as there are few resolution choices on offer in the video settings. But have enabled DSR.

5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I thought the opposite; the shotgun is quite meaty. I am only 90 minutes in and have discovered one more weapon, the assault rifle I think, and that is really meaty as is the chainsaw.

6. mingingbollock

mingingbollock Minimodder

Yep Shotgun + grenade mod + jump boots = AWESOME

pretty much the only weapon i use , few rockets and i like the stun mod on the plasma rifle

Just picked up the chaingun and gauss gun , be needing them for the bigboys i expect

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Whelp. completed it on nightmare - took me 29 hours mind :eeek:. I have absolutely no chance of completing Ultra-nightmare. I got lucky on the last boss with the BFG ammo perk thing.

Bloody fantastic.Highly recommended!

Edit: For the record, super shotgun and plasma rifle with heat blast mod Cheesecake. The minigun with the turret attachment was also good for murdering things that just needed to die.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ultra-Nightmare isn't THAT bad. Hell, if you can do Nightmare then you can do UN :p

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

:D

First level of DooM completed on Ultra-Nightmare. Then I learnt the hard way that you either have to 'save and exit' or fight the next level - no exiting to menu or quitting the game!

10. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

So I managed to get the Doom demo working in VR using Vorpx and with stereoscopic depth.

11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Picked it up in the steam sale. Music is pants (but it's compared to the original Doom, so, yeah), but for the most part it's pretty good. Weapons are fun in different ways, no crouch-shooting, you can ignore melee/glory kills if you want, could stand to have a little higher movement speed but at least you're not shuffling along.
    My main bone of contention is how monumentally drab everything is. Chasing fast brown enemies in a brown environment is never all that fun, even if you shift the hue a bit for each level. The contrast is just so low! This only gets highlighted more when you enter the 'classic level' sections where everything is nice and clear.

12. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Caved and bought it to cheer myself up. Probably won't get a chance to play until this weekend though, actually scratch that, Tuesday. It's an Iron Banana week this Tuesday!

Does anyone still play the multiplayer? I actually had fun with it in the beta...

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

never loaded up MP. im waiting for SP DLC

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I'm taking my time with this since I got it at least. A level every few days, or even just a level a week.

Absolutely loving it!

Oh look... a Baron of Hell. Feck he's big! Oh my, now there's 4 of them...

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Got this free with my motherboard and absolutely love it! Kinda like Deep Space but better! Can remember playing the original with the father!

16. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I have managed to not progress at all in the game because of of Photo Mode. I keep going back to take pretty pictures! I really must put my video settings back up to high so they look better, I took a load of shots before remembering I turned everything down to see if my PC could cope recording it. It couldn't :(

17. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Just completed it on easy after loads of corrupted saves. Was a lot of de stressing fun.

Tags: