1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware In Win Mod in Taiwan - Day 3 Summary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 30 May 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Great mods on an insane timeframe!

I can't help but think though how different things might have been if they were given say 36-48 hours rather than 24. As mentioned in the article it maybe introduced a little too much haste, which you can easily see in some of the mods. I know this is the same in every contest with a deadline, but 24 hours means you either have to play it pretty safe or hope that not a single thing goes wrong along the way (yeah that's not happening). Things like sleeving or painting take ages, which sort of just turns them into a massive time sink.

3. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

well, i dont want to sound nasty, but apart from the australians, i am not really happy with the results. all so straight forward, and i am not just complaining without having done it myself. well done to all of course, i know how hard it is working under time constraints in a 24 hour all in session.
    sorry though, was expecting much more...

4. abbas-it

oops, i just saw team mongoos´s case, that is not bad for the given time, details and dirty war torn look is well achieved.

5. abbas-it

i agree with you maki, as far as having to compromise because if the time bomb ticking. but once again without my sounding nasty, not just i but 6 teams do it every year at the DCMM in cologne and its unbleievable what teams turn up with in 24 hours.
    anyway thats not really the issue, some of the cuts from some of the modders are really way off. now all i can say to that is, are they missing their CNCs. am really very dissapointed at the quality.
    i know i sound horrible, but take some close looks, terrible. i know personally how it is doing it all by hand in just 24 hours. hand work only, no automation allowed, (my favourite subject), some of the results here show what happens when you are not used to that anymore.

i like the mongoose mod, then the down under mod, and apart from that its aim small miss small when you know you only have 24 hours. you work front to back, eye catchers, clean cuts, lights, the the back side and cleaning up the wiring. i know i sound like a mr. know it all, but i really had high expectations seeing all the bother inwin went to to get 16 modders out there and know it could be better.
    two mods are good though.
    sorry for the negativeness.

Tags: Add Tags