1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

In Monaco always makes this fun, much like that hail at the ring! Got a friend their at the mo utter mayhem!

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Start behind safety car. Lame.

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Makes you nervous for Ferrari - 35 laps into this GP, and also going by RBR and Renault's comments on the new engine, it appears that Renault has the edge on 'best of the rest'

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Perez is looking rather lively

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

What a difference the rain makes!

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

What a heartbreak for Riccardo...

still a good drive from most of the field

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

9. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Just received confirmation that my Canada GP tickets are on the way!
    Silverstone - tick x 2
    Singapore - tick
    Canada - soon to be tick

Feel like spa is a must do next just to stand next to eau rouge.

10. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Poor Ricciardo. Most likely would have won were it not for that screw up. Looks like Ferrari better kick it up a notch if they want to maintain their "best of the rest" position.

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Yeah the look on his face at the end told the whole story, no celebration with the team at the end, and then when he thanked the fans but not the team... yeah i felt so bad for him

i imagine someone is going to be given their marching orders

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Ricciardo lost sympathy there from my side.

This has happened to many drivers in the past, and to worse effect (notably, Hamilton lost over 100 points and the WDC - estimated) to team c*ckups in one of his last years at McLaren. Bad stops, bad strategy calls, etc.

F1 is a team sport. Egos get hurt. I get that.
    Throwing your team under the bus is not cool. The only time I found it acceptable was when Webber did that to RBR. He was being obviously and deliberately screwed (was my impression).

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

+1

Not quite the affable, happy-go-lucky chap he likes to portray. Shades of princess stompyfoot.

He needs to wind his neck in and accept that fug-ups happen.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

How much of that is the 'culture' of Red Bull, the whole team [or at least the publicly visible bits ] is is a bunch of poor losers and equally bad winners...

Horner, Vettel, Kvyat, Ricciardo and to some extent Verstappen all have/had a habit of spitting their dummies out when things didn't go their way. Maybe STR/BRB just likes/attracts that kind of driver.

15. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

That's pretty harsh on Ricciardo in my opinion.
    I think he had just got out of the car, was understandably absolutely gutted and just isn't the sort of guy that's good at hiding his emotions or doing the PR thing. I don't think he even sounded bitter, he was just fairly open about it and actually answered questions.

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Given how willing and ready the Red Bull team has proven to stab not only it's drivers, but sponsors and suppliers in the back when things don't go their way, Ricciardo has every right to publicly and loudly blame them for everything.

If he hadn't, I bet Horner would have claimed he came into the pits unexpectedly and that it was his cock up, Horner's like that.

I think if Lewis and Jenson shold have been more like that with Mclaren in 2012 too. JB should have been champion and Lewis should been second that year, except Mclaren kept intervening on RB's behalf.

Last edited: 31 May 2016
  17. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

Some of the things he said during this weekend came across as really arrogant, Not sure I like him much any more, hopefully with Max as a team-mate he'll become Red Bull's second driver, see how he handles that. The media think he'll storm off to Ferrari?

18. rollo

rollo Modder

Max is over rated. Way to young to say if hes the next great thing in formula 1. Drives like he did in Monaco he will be back at Torro rosso before the start of next year.

2 trips to the wall 3 lost front wings. Nill Points and a shocking showing.

Riccardo should of won the race he has every right to be angry.

19. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Wow really.

Every single interview I have seen him in he's been upbeat no matter what's happened, he even said so in the interview that he doesn't like to be seen as down beaten.

One interview where to be honest he got screwed over and everyone dumps on him.

Wow just wow.

He's my favourite driver along side Jenson.

To compare him to Princess stampy feet after one frustration is just silly, princess stampy feet got pissy after he couldn't constantly win with a superior car showing that it wasn't his driving that was great.

As a rounded driver he is the best on the grid without a doubt, yeh he got frustrated at a loss, wow what an utter **** he is.

Last edited: 31 May 2016
  20. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

My opinion changed after the things he said about spain and leading up to this race. In isolation I understand his reaction in the heat of the moment after Monaco, it wasn't his fault. But before he got to Monaco, and even before Spain he thought he was going to win the next races on his own, "It's my time" "This pole is 99.9% me". It's a team sport and you don't deserve to win until you've crossed the line in first place. Winning is never a given, even Mercedes know that

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk