1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

3. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Uwell Crown. Simple, well made and reliable. Then again, dripping requires effort but if the flavour is what you're looking for it's worth it.

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

TBH most sub ohm tanks are pretty similar now. I loved my crown but as i mainly use Drippers/RDTA's the crown sits on my shelf not being used.

My most recent vape activity is with my work colleagues as i've been off work for a few weeks and in that time one of the work guys purchased an iJoy Tornado and a Tesla Invader3. I must say the Invader is a beast of a mod, it's simple and built like a tank, however using the potentiometer to change voltage is abit tricky if you dont have fingernails.

As for the iJoy Tornado, it's a nice RDTA but it leaks too much in my mind. Also you can't remove the coils/deck from the body of the unit for easy cleaning/rewicking. TBH the flavour is great but just too many niggles for me. I do love the Invader3 tho but the advertised wattage of 240w's on a dual 18650 is dubious. Also realistically who vapes at 240w day to day?

Another work mate has recently got the newest Triton tank from Aspire and just like all Aspire stuff its lovely and has a wonderful build quality. It's a very good subohm tank.

As for myself, well my Avocado has been great & so has my Noisy Cricket. There is now a small mod for the cricket to make it safer, it fixes the hybrid connection to a standard 510pin config and insulates the switch more, so i'll be picking that up on payday.

I think my next purchase will be setup for a stealth vape. Im looking at the Wotofo Serpent Mini with a Tesla Nano 60w mod. Those two look like a great combo. I have also downgraded to 3mg nicotine as I think it's been long enough on the stronger stuff and I haven't felt any different so i'll be sticking to this as it's less harsh on the throat.

5. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Man i walked into my local vape shop bought a Smok TFV4 and lots of flavors and so far 3 have already been crap! if this is what premium liquids taste like well i'll be damned

[​IMG]

hold up my cuboid is showing 0.41 coil but on the smok coils website it says TF-T3 is a triple coil head with a resistance of 0.2Ω. Doesn't that mean 0.2 should be showing?

Last edited: 8 Jun 2016
  6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Arn't the TFV's for pure cloud chasing? also did you prime properly. I would suspect the juice hasn't wicked properly in your coils.

Also dosen't your vape shop allow you to try the juices you buy?

If you want a good source of good quality and cheap UK made ejuice try rejuice.eu. I get all my stuff from them and their service & juice has been amazing.

EDIT: overtime coils gain resistance due to use and types of juices used. But if it's a fresh coil it should show the correct Ohms or there abouts.

7. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

TBH premium juices can be a little hit and miss. I tried a couple in the shop, loved them there but they didn't work so well in my setups. I'm happier with mixing my own, I can tweak them until I'm happy that way. Currently have MBVs Coumarin Pipe and Johnny Chimpo going as I'm taking a break from the Heisenberg.

@atanum141: I have a Triton, it's OK but the draw is a little too tight for my liking. The RBA is also a PITA to work on, it's a pretty tight space and reduces the airflow even more if you get it wrong. Horses for courses and all that but I still prefer the Crown for TC and Subtank mini for wattage builds.

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Thanks for the replys guys, have just put a new flavour in and it taste splendid compared to the other 3. My partner however thought it was horrible so each to their own. My local vape shop doesn’t seem to let you test the flavours unfortunately.

I tried Heisenberg and have 30mls of concentrate but i found it taste pretty much like cough syrup.

I’m pretty happy with the flavour and cloud production at the moment, and also have the rebuildable coil so maybe that’s going to get use in the near future as the coils cost a ton for this thing!

Setup : Cuboid 150w (upgraded to 200w), TFV4 Mini, Sextruple Coil, with a drip tip from the Melo 2

I still believe my constantly blocked nose, and dulled senses (thanks GP!) have something to do with flavours not tasting as good as they should.

9. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

If anyone's looking for a RDTA, I highly recommend the Limitless RDTA.

10. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I'm after a strong menthol at 0% - Heisenberg is ok but doesn't quite hit the "hit" spot. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Digby's Moriya's Mix.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I am avoiding Menthol juices now, since I saw that program on the BBC but until I see a proper test of it I am just avoiding it.

To be honest at the moment, my go to juices are either Mixed Berries aka Pinkman from Vampire Vapes, also I am using Pink Lemonade, Peanut Custard been trying some new flavours but mainly I use the Mixed Berries.

Thinking about ordering some SS or Ni wire and making my own coils and trying out the Temp mode on my R200 and Griffin 25.

I do need to save some cash up though and order some new batteries as my current ones are not holding a full charge any more.

13. Shirty

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Ordered these last night.

[​IMG]

And some coils to go with (two packs)

[​IMG]

Oh yeah and a 3.8a charger to charge it with.

[​IMG]

Not sure I will get on with such a low ohm set up (I don't want to go through juice like pee) so I will have to see about lowering the wattage etc so it doesn't guzzle fuel like a V8 :D

15. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Dripbox 160w & Tsumami 24 arrived yesterday morning.
    Squonk pin fitted & 2x 0.3 ohm tiger coils fitted.
    I think I've found my new favourite setup :)

The driptank with clapton coils that came with the mod isn't bad either.

Rather glad I've just had a delivery of PG&VG as it's burning through it

16. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Ah, I've got the Coolfire 4 TC100 Vault-tec. It's a good box, no complaints from me!

Currently using an Avocado 24 with dual claptons. Flavour is great when it's freshly wicked (cotton bacon) but I do find it begins to disappoint fairly quickly. Anyone else have this top/problem?

17. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I've got the 22 version & use it in single coil mode. Seems to work better for me that way in terms of flavour.

18. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

[​IMG]

loving the battery life, got 3 Samsung 30Q 3000 mAh in there, i'm using it with Aromamizer Supreme.

is it worth messing about with temp control ? i've never tried it and from what i've read its hit and miss...

19. Shirty

Temp control always seems a bit underwhelming to me, but then I typically build kanthal at 0.1 to 0.15 Ohms using fused Clapton so it's a step down using Ti or SS.

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well my Tsunami turned up yesterday with 20m of 32g NI200 wire.

Not used the wire yet, as I wanted to try the Tsunami with some pre made coils first and it's actually quite good.

Flavour is great and so is vapor production even at 32.5w or 35w.

I now need to get use to dripping as when you use a tank it obviously juices the wick for you and with the dripper I get about 10 hits at 32.5w before I need, to juice it up again but anything above that it's only a couple of drips.

Going to try the NI200 wire at some point over the next few days and see what it's like.