1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Watched this last night, le blanc was good prolly could get better if the beeb can bring him back next year. Evans is ****. They need to kick him out.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Caught it on iplayer - it was okay-ish, for a first effort. I don't mean the content, because I thought the Reliant thing was painful - I'm talking about how they came across as presenters.

Le Blanc was actually much better than I expected, and Evans was a little worse than I had hoped - maybe that'll improve as they become more established. I do think they need more than the two of them in the studio, for link-ups and the like - that may just be a hangover from the previous format, but the chemistry isn't there yet. I'd like to see more of Sabine Schmitz in the show too.

I could get to like the new SIARPC - I think it has potential.

As I tend to with most TV shows, I'll give it a few episodes before casting final judgement.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Finally got round to watching my recording today. I can see Matt LeBlanc settling in to the job after a while but, Evans with his shouting bilge all the time, is just plain irritating. After the return to the studio, when Evans fired-up again following the Ariel Nomad piece, I stopped it and deleted the programme.

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Just got round to watching it and I thought it was okay. Matt leblanc is actually kind of funny, the quick quips are nice and he's quite entertaining to listen and watch. The set looks nice and the content is what you expect from top gear. They're actually being informative as well, putting in facts here and there. I didn't like the old top gear for focusing almost completely on supercars, as most of us will never experience it. They changed things up quite a lot in this first episode and it was more diverse. They're trying something new and for that, they've done it quite well.

Just... Chris Evans.. I can't stand him. He's trying to be clarkson and you can tell, he's shouting, being loud trying to offend for the sake of it and it doesn't suit him. He looks deeply uncomfortable putting on that persona. If they made Matt LeBlanc lead presenter and replaced Chris Evans, i'd watch it every week. As it stands, I can't watch it with Evans in it - not the way he's acting on this anyway.

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Sorry autocorrect on my phone :lol:

Obviously Clarkson... the other autocorrect fail was Matt leBland... slightly harsh, I quite liked Matt leBlanc.

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Watched it today. Can't understand any fuss, it's virtually exactly the same show, just with an inevitable change in presenter dynamic.

Changes to the Star in a ... Car feature seem a bit pointless - didn't go far enough with the off-road segments of the track. It was bad enough having to listen to faux excitement about the water splash and the jump the first time we saw it.

I suspect Evans was just doing any Clarkson impersonation to confront the issue, and in some respects pay homage to Clarkson, who had been with the show for a lifetime almost. I doubt Evans will keep the impersonation. But it's in a presenter's job description to add emphasis and enthusiasm to everything they say, so it's not like Clarkson and Evans were that different to each other in the first place.

Let's just hope they don't maintain the USA vs Britain thing all series.

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

when i watched it i wondered how much of the 'trying to be' was the fault of the writers as opposed to the hosts

Chris seems to have alot of lines that Clarkson would of used, but during the Matt's review alot of his dialogue ( especially the intro ) reminded me of Hamsters style

8. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

SO.

Everybody WAS about to see some awesome footage from my local area on BBC.

The Atlantic road;
    [​IMG]
    Also nice in good weather;
    [​IMG]

Trollstigen;
    [​IMG]

and some other nice locations.

BUT the local "Sheriff" for the Trollstigen-area would not let them break the speed limits and no hazardous driving, even with the roads closed.
    The Atlantic road is in a different police-district, and they were allowed to break the speedlimits there

So this Sheriff-guy (Andreas Hustad is his name) is probably NOT a Top-Gear fan...

9. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Or perhaps not a Chris Evans fan!

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I lasted about 15 mins I think? Suffered as far as the start of the road trip in those 3-wheelers, but couldn't suffer no further.

Matt was much better than expected, but his moaning (even kinda tongue-in-cheek) was the last straw for me as Chris Evans has to be one of the most annoying f***s on TV; and by that point I was ready to punch a bunny.

It also felt so fake. I know it is scripted; it always was, but it didn't always feel scripted. This was painful to watch.

And lastly why did they try to carbon-copy the old show? It was as bad as watching the American Top Gear, who made the same mistake.. trying to copy, rather than making the show their own.

I'd rather suck a pukecicle than subject myself to so much cringe..no,no wait..I think I'd rather go watch feminists on youtube as I might actually get a laugh out of it.

---

For those wanting something car related and free to watch I recommend Car Throttle on youtube. Much better than this tripe. Sadly also much shorter.

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

That would be eminently understandable.

12. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

The worst part is that the "sheriff" stopped everything the day before they were scheduled to shoot everything.. cars, equipment and people had already been transported to location.. :(

13. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I'm enjoying this one more.

Eddie Jordan doing a Croc Dundee cracked me up. He could actually be good in this.

Watching Jensen spank that McLaren with Evans having kittens in the passenger seat was good too. :D

Edit: and I think Seasick Steve is about to be carsick. :hehe:

Last edited: 5 Jun 2016
  14. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Pretty damn good show tonight :)

15. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Better show tonight, there is hope.

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I thoroughly enjoyed that.

17. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Much better than the first show.

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Oh God Evan's delivery is so sterile.

He made a Mclaren F1 GTR 97 sound dull, that's my bucket list car damnit!

On the other hand Button's maniacal cackling was worth watching, does he do that during GPs?

19. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

If only they would just phase out Evans. I don't understand how he's a radio personality. He doesn't have a particularly nice voice to listen to.

It was definitely better overall, and was actually enjoyable. I'm still not keen on the guest interview. Having multiple people is awkward, especially when they talk about what the main guest is doing.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Watched the second extra gear. Too much of a chat show. It's loose women on wheels.
    Rory needs to be in more cars, less sofa action. Give him an Harris 60 minutes in cars and you can dump TG.