1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

CoD Modern Warfare 3. This has got to be one of the worst games I have played for some years. It was so scripted, so linear kill move forward kill some more move forward rinse and repeat. Fortunately I got this and the latest COD for free as paying for these would really be a waste of cash.

2. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

If I'm honest I still found MW3 more entertaining than BF4 single player!

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Just completed Machinarium, beautifully drawn, fairly short point & click adventure. A couple of obscure puzzles I had to use a walkthough for, but mostly they're logical without being too easy. Cute story.

Last edited: 24 Apr 2016
  4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Just completed streets of rage 2 yesterday. Random moment in collage yesterday and a colleague brought it up in conversation. Sega classic games happen to be on my laptop and I had two controllers with me.....had myself a great few hours "learning"

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Mirror's Edge

I did a run through in anticipation of Catalyst's release later this year. Still holds up well thanks to the art style used - screenshots to follow.

I'd forgotten how unlikeable the characters are and the lack of a coherent reason to dislike the 'enemy'. Basically it seems to be a case of 'we're fighting against the Man, using parkour, because reasons'. Faith comes across as an annoying know-it-all. Also, LOL at a woman who looks as though she weighs 50 Kg or less running around with an M249 or whatever the light machine gun is modelled to be.

Still enjoyed myself though and count it as one of the 'must play' games on the PC.

6. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

The Lab

A worthy collection of VR experiences by Valve. They're all impressive, and several are fun enough that I keep coming back day after day. I've "done everything" but am still improving in some of the games and I'm still looking for other easter eggs.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Black Mesa

I played this when it was first released as a mod for HL2 and it was excellent back then - now it's even better. As luck would have it, they released the 'Surface Tension Uncut' levels just before I got to them. Lots of dark humour moments and improvements of bits that weren't quite perfect in the original.

I urge anyone who doesn't have this to pick it up at any price. A reminder of awesome old school gaming.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The new doom has made me revisit some proper fps. I've just smashed through quake 2 again, wolfenstien the new order, unreal tournament and F.E.AR.

9. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

Just finished Firewatch.

Short, but incredibly well written and very gripping. Though I felt it ended a little abruptly. Definitely could have drawn out some of the mystery/intrigue for longer. Scenery was stunning and felt impressively 'real'.

Definitely worth a play but I don't know how much replay value there is once you know the ending.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Doom 2016 To be honest I did not complete it, I got very bored with it, if you played one level you have pretty much played the whole game as each level was a repeat of the previous. It was fun to find the secrets but not enough for me to want to complete the game.
    What really killed it for me was having to beat the first boss twice, I hate bosses at the best of times and to have to beat the first one twice was enough for me to stop playing the game.

11. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

12. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Doom, awesome game from start to finish. playing through the levels again to get all the secrets.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Finished The Witcher 2 last night, really enjoyed it, actually reinstalled the first one to see if the hype from playing the second will be enough to get me to enjoy the first one this time (tried it for an hour or two in the past and didn't really get on with it).

If not, then I'm thinking I might try another RPG, got Risen 1 + 2, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and KOTOR 1+ 2 all wanting to be played. (replayed in the case of KOTOR 1 +2)

14. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I don't normally do this but I will be

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The very first one?

The first one's damned old now, like really old. How does it hold up?

(Presumably you didn't mean World of Warcraft, I don't think one can meaningfully 'complete' World of Warcraft. edit - but maybe getting this would count)

I hit max level in Far Cry 3 online co-op recently, which I suppose is a kind of 'completing'.

I can't be bothered to play the single player again, as its base-conquest structure produces a curious paradox: the further you get through the game, the more boring it gets, as there are fewer and fewer enemies left. I ended up trying to leave as many enemy bases uncaptured as possible on this playthrough, but that meant I just lost interest as there's nothing else to do once you've crafted everything.

TL;DR: Far Cry 3's single-player is boring second time round.

16. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Out Thursday according to my calendar.

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Just completed both of the DLC for FO4. Far Harbor was good :)

18. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I was driven mad by having to watch cut-scenes again and again with Far Cry 3. You can't skip them.

19. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

Life is Strange 9.5/10 for the story and the feels. Bit late to the game as been out for a while. The music, character development, relationships and plot make this a truly amazing story based game.

You really do get/understand the relationship between your character Max and her best friend Chloe (to the point where you wished you had the same in real-life!). Your choices and times you rewind time do make a good difference later on (as I've tried with my second play-through).

This is definitely the second best story game I've played (first being The Last of Us).

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

DOOM 2016. Will start a second run soon, this time it will be on Nightmare difficulty. Damn, that was fun! :rock:

And the soundtrack is more brilliant.