1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I've heard today for Remain and tomorrow for Leave ;)

All jokes aside it's today :)

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Hanlon's razor. :D

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Certainly more compelling than that awful "Brexit the movie"

Having said that i still don't agree with a great deal of the claims they made, if i had to sum it up I'd say it's to far to the left just like Brexit the movie was to far to the right, maybe we need a cenexit movie, a movie that doesn't view the whole thing as a them and us conflict. :)

4. walle

walle Minimodder

I'd say that would very much depend on what the agenda looks like, if the European Union really wanted to bring Turkey in quickly I would imagine it wouldn't take them much longer to do so than it took Greece to sort out her finances before she was allowed to join.

We will just have to wait and see what happens. :)

Ninja edit.
    But but Greece lied to the European Union! But of course she did.

5. Risky

Risky Modder

Every country has a veto, no way around that. Which national goverments do think they could vote to bring Turky in quickly without serious trouble at home. Only needs one veto and no-one sane thinks that anyone is considering it started until long after Turkey radically changes from the direction it is heading in.

This whole argument is completely bloody irrelevant. We have a veto now, we will have a veto tomorrow and they is no chance in hell of the issue coming up in the foreseeable future.

6. walle

walle Minimodder

I'm aware of the veto Risky. Again, we'll see what happens. No need to get all worked up.

7. Risky

Risky Modder

Well if anyone want to put a bet on Turkey joining the EU and time soon I can take their money.

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Touché good sir. :)

Greece used creative accounting (aka they lied) but afaik they done that to get over the last hurdle that was preventing them from joining, I'm guessing the EU wouldn't fall for that one again. TBH it still shocks me a government would, or even could, cover up something of that magnitude.

If anyone's interested the wiki has a table laying out their progress on the 33 chapters.

Oh and if anyone cares the meeting opening negotiations on chapter 33 with Turkey has been known about since the 19 March 2016 some 3 months ago, maybe these politicians need to do their research better. ;)

Last edited: 23 Jun 2016
  9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Massive swing in the bookies odds today!

Remain now at 1/7.

Leave now at 9/2.

:jawdrop:

10. Risky

Risky Modder

Over them joining the Euro, not the EU. They joined the EU in 1981

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is the decision to join the Euro (single currency) made by some else then? Not being factious or anything i seriously don't know.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Interesting. What happened to cause that shift?

13. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Crunch time, I think. "When the flag drops, the ******** stops".

14. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Went to my polling station......I asked for a pen......was told only pencils allowed to place the X.

I joked with the woman there that after I walked out they would erase my X because its in pencil and put it in the other box....she just smiled :thumb:

15. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Money, bookies are covering their risk.

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I think what Nexxo meant was, "what's causing people to bet so heavily on Remain?" rather than "why do bookies change their odds?".

17. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

Wasn't going to post in this thread again but now my vote has been cast I will. Obviously I voted out, for all the reasons I have mentioned previously. I'm happy with that vote. Now it's just a waiting game to see what the outcome is and then to take it from there. I think it will be that close I really wouldn't like to guess which way it goes but I will respect the outcome and try to move on from that.

One thing that I think is pretty much a given is that communities like mine and the others that share the same problems will be the ones that are leave strongholds. If I'm wrong on that I will be gobsmacked and maybe I have been wrong myself. I'm adult enough to admit when I'm wrong. Time will tell. I really believe there will be a social and economic divide that will be evident out of the result. Hardly surprising when you think about the distribution of economic EU migrants within the UK, with working class, poorer areas being more popular for these migrants and also being the areas that are plagued with problems like my community suffers. I know this isn't a popular thing to say here on this forum but there we go.

One thing I have noticed in the time I have been working on the problems here is the amount of people that were sat on the fence or who were adamant they were voting remain but then changed their opinions once they came into our community and saw for themselves what we have to live with and why. I'm talking intelligent and reasoned people here, not UKIP loving tits. Anyone wants to see that for themselves by coming here, let me know. I do mean that seriously and sincerely.

Good luck to all concerned and may the United Kingdom prosper and thrive, whatever the outcome!

18. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

At my polling station had pens (as well as pencils) out someone asked if they could use the pen they said yes.

The electoral commission have said there is no problem with using pens http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36597367

19. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well, there's a thing. The areas in Britain most likely to vote UKIP (not that I compare you and yours with them) are also the areas with the lowest level of immigrants. Go figure.