1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That's what they're there for.

In the mean time, I sneezed blood today, all over the place. Plus my gums are all swollen and bleeding and my skins gone all lumpy

I hate this time of year, I really ****ing hate it with a passion.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

eew... nasty...

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Recieved a replacement HX750i for my HX750 that had picked up a noisyy fan, and the replacement 750i is buzzing when under load.

Had to pay £13 to ship my original PSU off, hope they don't want me to pay to ship this duff one back to them again.

Just spent all day building the PC back up again after moving it back into my Thermaltake Armor, and probably going to have to take it apart again!

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Maybe it will settle after a few days?

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Will it? Could it?

I've found that it is buzzing when idle too, just quieter.

Wouldn't have thought that it should be buzzing at all though.
    Put a message on my support ticket so I'll see what they say.

*EDIT*

While running Unigine windows, it's buzzing, if I click the window bar to move the window about, which pauses unigine, the buzzing stops straight away (or goes inaudible without sticking my ear right next to it), release the window and it's buzzing straight away again.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2016
  6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I've not slept for 4 days on the trot and i have absolutely no appetite, I'm at work now barely able to keep myself awake.

I've honestly not felt this down in a while, I've spoken to my manager about the possibility of moving home and working from another office which he's said is definitely possible given the right approach. I feel like my life is scattered along the roadside at the moment and I'm trying to piece it back into some logical order.

If my proposal goes ahead in 2 months or just over I'll be moving back home permanently. Financially better off, closer to loved ones, not feeling so damn isolated in my biege prison cell.

I'm tempted to pack it in right now and take some annual leave

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Are you sure it's not the GPU? My Titan X has some coil whine/buzz sometimes and I read it could be caused by having a AX1200 and a couple of sound cards. Apparently sound cards can make a GPU whine, never knew that !

The PSU that came shipped with my PC buzzed under load from day one. That's why some one gave me the AX1200.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Positive it's not the GPU.

I might swap over to my GTX660 just to be 110% sure, but I can tell the noise is coming from inside the PSU, by the sounds of it, pretty close to where the kettle lead plugs in.

*EDIT*

Just switched to GTX660, and buzzing is still present, so not GPU whine.

Also noticed that I can hear a very faint noise when PC is off.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2016
  9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Uplifted the hall carpet and part of the living-room carpet in preparation for the hall being re-floored and the same in part of the living-room. Joiner arrived a 11am and proceeded to tell me that the job would take a full day not the couple of hours allocated by his office. I mentioned to the joiner that the original estimate for the time to do the work had been a day but not only had the original day to do the work had been altered, from Monday to today but also the amount of time it would take.

Job will now be done in two weeks and take a day, so carpets back down and wait another two weeks.

10. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

My previous PSU (Antec TruePower) started doing this after swapping CPU from an i5 to an i7. The difference in power profile caused resonance with coil whine from the GPU. Had to buy a new PSU to stop it (got a Corsair HX750i) and it's been silent since. Corsair are very hot on this issue so you shouldn't have any issues swapping it, which is precisely why I got one.

Technically, there's nothing wrong with it so it shouldn't cause any issues. It's just annoying.

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Maybe I need to get an i5 to put a bit more stress on the PSU, :D, it only pulls ~300watts when gaming, so it's not even at 50% load, :D

Extra annoying when the reason I sent the original PSU back was because of the noisy fan, and now the replacement is much better, but has an even more annoying noise, :D

12. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Just got back from putting my cat down.

Hand raised her from ~10 days old to nearly 18years old.
    Her health had rapidly deteriorated over the past week and she was taken in for blood tests last night. Got the results earlier: Renal Failure. Didn't want her to suffer anymore, so booked an appointment for her.
    The amazing vet (who we've been going to for years) even offered to come back from whatever appointment he had elsewhere to do the procedure if we didn't want his colleague to do it.

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Jeez, that really does suck. Sorry to hear. You have to do what's best for them, though, and not you, so even though it hurts like hell to let them go you've done the right thing.

14. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Sorry to hear that man, hope you're OK.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

My worst nightmare. Feel for you mate.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Robbie Savage's vomit-inducing commentary...

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Cold from the unwashed spanish people at work, an DPD giving me fictitious tracking references. Fed up with a phone you have to reboot each time you text.

18. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

RIP my faithful Pioneer amp, you did well for 10+ years and today your magical smoke escaped.

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

This is something that really ****'s me off, over the past few months we have had a number of contractors around to do work and without exception every single one was either late, didn't turn up, under quoted, did a crap job.

What is so difficult about providing an accurate quote and turning up when agreed.

20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Brand new GTX 980Ti............................Wont fit in my damn PC case. :duh: