1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The 50 Best PC Games of All Time: Part One

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 1 Jul 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

You included Bulletstorm!!!

Respect.

Steering those sniper rounds never gets old...:)

If only the Steam version currently on sale wasn't a 'Windows Live' DRM mess :(, I'd get it again without hesitation.

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

The Sims. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

4. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Saints Row 2 was by far the best of the series. 4 was like playing a game with the cheats on; fun for 5 minutes but gets boring really quickly.

5. Xir

Xir Modder

I failed miserably at the sims, my sim simply never did anything usefull and then died of dirt buildup or starved or such.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The sims, Really!? God next you will add spore and fable to the list... shame.

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Derisive disagreement on the internet about things that don't really matter? What is this madness!

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

:rolleyes: I don't quite understand the hate for the Sims games, it's one of the best selling PC franchises of all time so obviously there's a lot of people who there who enjoy playing those games.
    If I need something simple to clear my mind then I quite like spending a couple of hours building a house and controlling the character interactions.

I quite enjoyed some of the Fable games too so if this were my list then I'd likely at the very least give them a token mention of sorts.

9. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I have 100s of hours in the Sims 3 building my perfect house. Never bought any DLC though, ripoff.

10. Shangri-La

Shangri-La What's a Dremel?

I recently downloaded it again on Steam but couldn't get it to work. :(

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

This is about taste and there are standards to be upheld :)

I hope you up your game with the next 40.

Also, popular is not the same as good or best. Big brother is popular but utter trash.

12. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'd say popular is sort of related to being good in the world of video games, yes there are those that are popular for all the wrong reasons like Goat Simulator...
    As an avid roleplayer it's nice to see something using a bit of creativity and letting the players create their own stories, for me it's one of the best PC games that lets me choose what I'd like to do. I also find it nice to play something a bit different in a sea of games that all follow the same format as each other year-on-year.

As for the comparison to Big Brother... we don't pay specifically to watch Big Brother it's just something that's on TV that gets bundled in with our existing subscriptions, whereas a game (not including F2P) is something that you purposefully buy because it appeals to you. Even more-so with more recent titles as people often follow the pre-release development of the games quite closely, then wait for reviews and watch hours of footage before even coming to the decision to make a purchase.

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Glad to see Bulletstorm get a mention. It is a ridiculously fun game that still looks absolutely gorgeous. Plus Steve Blum <3.

The Sims seems to be a real Marmite game. Personally I hate it but can't deny its popularity, or how it introduced a new crowd of people into gaming.

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I have many fond memories of playing The Sims when I was a bit younger, actually had a random urge to try it again recently and I think this will make me give it a go.

Hoping some of my favourite games will appear higher up the list.

15. alphax45

alphax45 What's a Dremel?

Thank you for including EVE Online :)

PS: You should play! It's a very good game (hobby really).

16. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Including the Sims in any line up like this will set you up for mockery for DECADES to come.

Not playing and worshiping one of the X-Com games BEFORE embarking on this line up will have you studied by anthropology students of the 31st century as a fine example of how BREXIT happened.

Bit-tech should stay away from definitive statements regarding software, as you guys ALWAYS get it wrong.

Yours in Scathing Historical Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

17. Star*Dagger

EVE Online is *NOT* a game, it is a Simulation of life in the EVE Cluster as a Capsuleer, much pain can be avoided by realizing this eternal truth!
    :clap:

18. alphax45

alphax45 What's a Dremel?

Star Dagger: I'd agree to that :)

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Calm down, its just a fun list and what's more, even in this thread it reads "Rick counts down the first 10 of his favourite 50 PC games ever."

There is no 'right' and 'wrong' - try not to take everything literally.

20. Star*Dagger

Winning is Fun, everything else is Losing!

Tags: Add Tags