1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Videos of awesome

Discussion in 'General' started by VipersGratitude, 1 May 2009.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

2. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

Not sure if awesome or awesomely demote. Music doesn't help it.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

This is for real? :wallbash:

The first one has "Canvas is teared but its art" - FFS!!

As for the second one, I reckon I saw a similar pattern last year in my toilet bowl whilst I was suffering from campylobacter. Should done it on a piece of canvas and let it dry in the sun then put it on eBay...

Last edited: 11 Jul 2016
  5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

[sarcasm]Yes, those idiots donating thousands of dollars to a children's hospital and only getting some broken canvas in return. What a bunch of morons. We could do with fewer people like that in the world.[/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Last edited: 12 Jul 2016
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I know, heaven forbid that people should use their rising publicity to try and raise some money for charity. It's almost unspeakable.

7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

8. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Christopher Tin is back to do the theme song for Civ6! He actually has a concert on Tuesday in London that is going to preview it. I really want to go but have noone to go with *sadface*

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Fun fact - Baba Yetu was the first piece of video game music to win a grammy, may still be the only for all i know.

Moving on...

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Researchers at Harvard University have built a light-sensitive, self-propelled artificial machine-organism, in the form of a tiny robot stingray. The project was done in an effort to test the feasibility of making hybrid replacement organs for human patients, such as bioartificial hearts, that could use natural muscle motions to function, as opposed to the electrical operation that today's prosthetics require.

This hybrid mechanism-organism was constructed around a 3D-printed skeleton made of gold, utilizing the metal for its elastic properties, with a body formed around the skeleton made from two layers of a silicone substrate. In between the silicone layers was a pattern of genetically-altered cardiac cells from a rat, laid down using a 3D printer, to provide the muscle for the device. The heart cells were genetically engineered so that they would contract when exposed to light, and were arranged in a pattern so that collectively their contraction would form a pulse that moved from the front of the robot toward the back, to emulate the wave pattern that natural stingrays use to propel themselves through the water.

The result was a small aquatic robot that propels itself through the nutrient solution it is kept in. The researchers could activate the device by exposing it to blue light, and can even steer it, as the cardiac cells on each side of the device were set up to react to different wavelengths of light.

While the simulated stingray can only move about 9 meters (30 feet) per hour, the researchers were able to fine-tune the device so that they could direct it through a tiny obstacle course set up in it's tank. It is also limited to existing in its nutrient solution, otherwise the cardiac cells that propel it would starve and die. However, the researchers are hopeful that their efforts will pave the way for future medical advancements. As neural engineer Kedi Xu, at China's Zhejiang University, explains: “One can imagine that one day we can use this technology to rebuild parts of the human body.”

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

If you don't fancy watching for 19h, then watch this video:

Sam

12. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

I couldn't help but laugh at the look he gives the camera as soon as she mentions the neuter (52 seconds in). Poor guy, first chemical burns, then has his nuts chopped off.

13. RedFlames

wrong thread ¬_¬

Last edited: 20 Jul 2016
  14. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

This last one is crazy. A computer plays four games at once with the same inputs and all games end at the same time. Crazy! Skip to 55:55 for the start of the run.

15. VipersGratitude

16. RedFlames

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

YAY! Binky!!! :D

EDIT: I finally Patreoned them.

18. VipersGratitude

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You beat me to it by a mile. He continues to blow me away with this build. If I have half his fabrication skill when I'm his age I'd be happy!

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder