1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming A Week with Pokémon Go

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 26 Jul 2016.

1. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Seriously, read back what you just typed.
    ****s sake.

2. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I'm glad its made Nintendo some money. I haven't played it, it didn't seem like much of a game to me.

3. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Hahahaha, if you don't play the game and aggressively attack people that do, maybe you're the type of person that needs to take a look in the mirror.

I'm 33 and I play, I've been out walking, cycling and skateboarding more than I normally would. This has made my eldest son want to spend time out with his family during his "I want to be out with my friends" phase, i've got friends that have suggested family hunts, just because of this game. I've struck up conversations with kids, teenagers, adults and families that are complete strangers, not just at Poké stops but while out 'adventuring'. This is something thats been missing from society for a long while, and is no where near the uncomfortable smiles and hellos you get from dog walking. Plus I don't have to go round picking up dog poo.

Even if I didn't play this game, what actual harm is it doing? The game itself is a bit rubbish and grindy, which I don't usually like, but the reason I love this game, and I do love this game, is because it's made strangers nicer, friendly and more approachable. It's put a smile on societies face and that reason alone makes this game great.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2016
  4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Alright killjoy? Get back in the angry dome, and scream at some seagulls.

Cthippo likes this.
  5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'm assuming you're not aware of Kayin's physical condition, otherwise that post is up for internet dickhead of the year award.

One of my Star Citizen buddies was t-boned by someone playing this 'game'. He's fine though.

6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Obviously not!
    I don't' 'know' anyone on this forum personally.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Who cares if the game is good or not? The servers are down anyway:sigh:

8. alf-

alf- Minimodder

This coming from an adult(?) who gets butt-hurt over a video game and spews toxicity at people who enjoy playing it.

Also love how you keep bemoaning "pixels".
    As arguments go, it's pretty nonsensical, given the type of website you're on after all.

wyx087 likes this.
  9. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Everything you've said has had me scratching my head thinking why on earth you're on a Pokemon Go article.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

As you were gentlemen....

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Anyway, back on topic. How many Bit-Techers here are playing it?

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I don't play it, I haven't played it and I won't play it - I don't really even know what Pokemon is(!)

Live and let live I say, but if you walk into me in the middle of Tesco because you're buried in the hunt and your phone falls to the floor and smashes, you have only yourself to blame ;) :naughty:

Play safe folks.

13. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I play it, mainly between home and car, car and office, office and car, and car and home.
    Sometimes if taking the munchkin for a walk, I'll have it on, mainly to hatch any eggs, but not with my head buried in it...

Its fun, in that I like catching new ones, as I'm a bit of a kleptomaniac. Its harmless tbh, no worse than any other "computer" game, but has health benefits in that you have to walk!

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My one and only problem with Pokemon Go.

People don't look where the **** they're going. Seriously, is that pokemon worth being introduced to the heavy end of a Mondeo? Because if you walk out in front of me at 30mph, that's probably what's going to happen.

I don't want to scrub bodily fluids off my car.

15. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I nearly got hit by a driver on a cul-de-sac in London yesterday because he was playing Pokemon Go.

I've just uninstalled it. I had fun with it, I just prefer to play mobile games on my terms (Playing Hoplite while i'm sat on the toilet or a bit of Hearthstone while sat in an airport departure lounge) than walking around all over the place trying to catch pokemon. In fairness though, I have extensive physio and run a lot so i get what feels like plenty of exercise without the game. If you're using it for exercise, good on you for gamifying it - no different to the people who run with a run tracker, to my mind.

16. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

o/

Finally managed to catch enough Eevees as of yesterday to get my first Vaporeon \o/

17. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Don't think that is exclusive to Pokémon Go tbh, might have increased the chances, but there will always be idiots not paying attention.

Excellent!

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Absolutely, and it'll never change, but since launch I've noticed a marked increase in death-wish having people just walking into the road. In a way, though, it's fortunate that spotting PGO players as you're driving is kinda easy. It makes predicting stupidity in terms of walking out into traffic a little easier.

19. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

My phone is apparently too crap to run it. Nevermind.

20. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I'm really enjoying it - it's made me learn more about my local area than I knew before, it's motivated me to do some exercise on my holiday instead of sitting on my ass all day playing games and it's lead to me talking to more people in my local area this week than I have in the past 9 years that I've lived here. I think it's really positive personally although I can see the extended appeal being quite limited unless they add features such as trading pokemon, battling other people (rather than just gyms) and also doing something about the exponential xp increases required to level up past about level 25.

Tags: Add Tags