1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Driver error or?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kronos, 31 Jul 2016.

1. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

+1 on all of this - they're effectively the answers that i'd have given... :)

Yeah, my point about testing each stick independently is that 'if' you can demonstrate both that one of more of the sticks test perfectly AND one or more of the sticks don't, it means that you can then be more certain that it's likely to be the memory itself; not the CPU or the board or bios or anything else...

...whereas if all the sticks independently pass the test then, it has to be something else... ...or if none of the sticks work independently then it 'could' either be the memory or something else.

The only other thing to note is that i was working on the basis that the OP has a second machine listed in their sig - & that's why i was assuming that there were other components (well, as PSU & gfx card) which could be switched in to rule out either of them being at fault.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have updated the BIOS to the latest and so far I have gamed all day without any issues.

Whereas my send PC does indeed have a PSU it does not have a GPU as it is not warranted.

Ii will test each stick over the next couple of nights.

3. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

Great to hear that it's now appearing to be stable - as that's obviously solved the most immediate issue.

if you've not memtested since updating the bios, i'd run it with all the sticks to check if there's still an issue.

Well, you can do that in one run whilst you're asleep, whereas you obviously have to be awake to swap the sticks when doing them individually.

& not to worry about the 2nd machine - my comment was simply about why i'd assumed that there were spare components to hand to test everything, if you'd worked through the other options.

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Good to hear. :thumb:

If all is going well, you could also dig through the timing afterwards in a separate thread and see if a communal effort can decipher Asus' bios. At a guess you'd want the RAM to be running the XMP profile which it's not doing at the moment. Fingers crossed everything is stable mate.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Ran Memtest for 12 hours and would like to report no errors shown.
    Now I did much tinkering yesterday and although it may be too early to say I have resolved my issue if it has been resolved it will yet another occasion where no idea as to what was done actually helped though I have my suspicions as to what might have been the issue though it seems daft so I will not say more. Which is all to often with PC's.

I will admit I did act on suggestions here so thanks all. I am going to email Asus and asked them to explain the DRAM Timing control in the BIOS seeing as it does not conform to the recognised 4 sets of two numbers as no one here can explain it and there are some clever folk here.
    Thanks again all.