1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Enthoo Evolv "PUSH THE LIMIT" by Wrathier Hilltaker

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Wrathier, 15 Jul 2016.

1. Wrathier

Wrathier What's a Dremel?

This build is presented to you by EXTREMEWORKS by Wrathier Hilltaker

[​IMG]

So lets jump straight into some hardware and specifications:​

• ENTHOO EVOLV ATX Galaxy Silver Aluminium
    • MB: ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme
    • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake @ 4800MHz all cores
    • RAM: 16GB PC-24000/3000MHz DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    • HDD: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD + 4 other 500GB's. 2 USB 3.0
    • GFX: ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
    • PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum
    • Cooling:
    • Corsair H110i GTX
    • 2 X Corsair SP140mm RED Led
    • 3 X Corsair AF140mm RED Led

Last edited: 20 Jul 2016
  2. Wrathier

As usual a build starts with a lot of part coming, but of course not all.

I'm 3 X Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Airflow RED led short, but decided to build the machine anyway and start testing.

Last edited: 26 Dec 2016
  3. Wrathier

First of I like to show a picture of the foundation for the build. It's the Z170 MAXIMUS VII EXTREME and it's really a good overclocker board. I got hold of a good chip and I'm easily running stable on all cores @ 4800MHz:

[​IMG]

4. Wrathier

The real reason I decided to build this machine is, that my other build HYDRA: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=298889 is not for dissembling right now and I want to play around with the new series of graphic cards. So lets jump straight to that and see what the fuzz is all about. :hip:

I decided to get what's supposedly the fastest right now and even if that isn't so the fact that the card is absolutely unbelievable silent it's just cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I gotta say: I love this card. The performance is just unbelievable.

5. Wrathier

The CPU used is a core I7-6700K and that is more than enough juice to run this card without bottleneck. Heck it can even run two.

However, let's see some pictures of the cooling system used, the Corsair H110i GTX and some pictures of the build itself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Wrathier

So that brings us to some of the fun stuff. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The monitor is a BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz Gaming Monitor:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Jul 2016
  7. Wrathier

So far I've only been benchmarking a little and a few different benches. However, so far everything seems to be in order. I'll as soon as possible also post a few Youtube videos with performance, but for now all I've got is a few screenshots:

The 950 Pro:

[​IMG]

And of course our trusty Fire Strike:

[​IMG]

So far the machine is only around 5K points behind HYDRA: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=298889 and that is a watercooled 980Ti machine with a I7-5960X.

I'm pretty satisfied with the build so far. I'll be back when I've got some more to share.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2016
  8. Wrathier

So a new DX12 freeware benchmark called Time Spy was released today, so I decided to take the GTX 1080 for a spin:

[​IMG]

9. Wrathier

Fans comming! :)

So finally my Air Series AF140 LED Red Quiet Edition High Airflow 140mm Fans arrived, and I got to be completely honest: The black Phanteks there came with the chassis are at least equally to the Corsair fans.

Anyway I don't buy new fans for performance, but for looks. :cooldude:

Here are some pics from today.

The fans. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the machine with the new fans. :)

[​IMG]

And the build:

[​IMG]

10. Wrathier

The Heck it can even run two statement I came with might not be a 100 percent adequate.

It seems like the CPU already are being used pretty hard with one there have a little extra OC. :)

I'll know for sure when the GTX 1080Ti lunches hopefully if I can afford one. :eyebrow:

11. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

When does the 'SCRATCH' build start? I hate when people just post, 'look at my awesome ****' then nothing happens....wtf!!

12. Wrathier

Sorry mate it was not my attention to make anyone mad.

13. Wrathier

Hey all.

I was asked to PUSH this build to the limit, but not in any benchmark, but in games to see some IRL performance and I decided to share:

A mate of mine asked me to buy Total War and I went with Total War: Attila which is unbelievably hard to run. These type of graphic cards gets better at higher resolutions, however, this is intensive for especially the GPU:

Total War: Attila Build in Benchmark Extreme Quality run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U9Ky-idxJc

Need for Speed 2015 Maxed out run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH3wJV82bo4

As the monitor connected to this machine is a BenQ XL2411Z 24" / 1ms / HDMI, DVI / 144Hz @ 1920x1080p it's clear, that we are getting closer to the dream about having 1 GPU and still be able to max stuff out. However, if you like me want higher resolutions and still max everything out, you will still need two cards.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2016
  14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You haven't done a scratch build, dude. I think you need to learn what that actually means. Taking a case and sticking vinyl on it and then building a regular PC into it is not scratch building. Same goes for this one really. All you have done is take a load of off the shelf parts and put them together with a screw driver.

The correct term for what you are doing is case modding. This build however? I can't even see what you have modded apart from maybe put one sticker on the window? or would you enlighten me?

15. Wrathier

This build is now tested ready and therefore I've decided to discontinue it.

My new main will be ready in a week hopefully.

Thank you for watching this build log and hopefully some of you could use the provided information - though it's not a true scratchbuild.

Again thank you for watching.

16. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Everyone's giving you far too hard a time and not explaining themselves well. A scratch build on this form means that you are build a case from raw materials like sheet metal, wood, Carbon-fiber ect (we've had all sorts). This is more of a build log rather a mod as there isn't much going on in terms of modification. It's an awesome looking build and hopefully you have as much fun playing it as building. Don't let people put you off your logs it's just labeled wrong :)

17. Wrathier

Thank you.

Yes it's a build log, but I'm not sure how to label it right.

Yesterday I builded my Rampage V Anniversary edition build and would very much like to show it here, but I'm not sure how to do it correctly, so I better write in the thread that's a build log and not a true scratch build to avoid any misunderstandings.

Perhaps if I select "no prefix" option that's the correct way to do it.