1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Master of Orion reboot to launch on August 25th

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Aug 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

some of the steam reviews are scathing currently with reports the game is no where near finished

This comes as a bit of surprise then for a launch in 2 weeks !

3. UK-Blade

UK-Blade What's a Dremel?

Don't know., given the current state of the games industry, it seems par for the course that the game isn't ready. ;)

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I'm quite keen to have a new 4X game but it will take something really special to unseat Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion from the top of my list!

I never played the original moo games sadly so have no nostalgia to fuel me but the reviews are quite mixed. Still though, £23 for the standard edition on release is a nice price point, glad to see it is not another £40-60 monstrosity!

I'm hoping once it's released one of the better you-tubers will do an overview. I consider it on my watch list for now :)

Last edited: 11 Aug 2016
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I have nothing to say about the game itself (I haven't played it), but I was somewhat disappointed that in the "About WG Labs" section of the press release Wargaming claimed "WG Labs is an organizational unit within Wargaming that acts as a breeding ground for new ideas and solutions."

New ideas, like rehashing a game from 1993? :rolleyes:

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Ha ha I just read that.

Or take world of warships, a refined version of world of tanks. Not exactly new ideas, fun as it is :)