1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Yeah, it's car troubles for me too. I was away for a few days visiting my sister and when I came back someone had driven my car (keys with parents) and pranged the front left. The corner of the bumper's hanging off now and rattling in the wind when I get to any decent speed.

What's more infuriating is that nobody will 'fess up. Dad's insisting it must have happened before I left, except when I got back, the drivers seat was full forward and with the backrest near vertical. I drive almost supine, so someone else has definitely been in it. :miffed::miffed:

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

My 5 year old son has brain damage. He struggles to manage his emotions (amongst other things) and will if the warning signs are missed go into a full blown nuclear Armageddon that's downright scary as well as dangerous. He attends a school where almost all the other kids are Auties or Aspies and he has some similar traits.

For us its adults that are generally the problem, especially older people. My wife had a some small business cards made up:

[​IMG]

Its helps her to feel empowered that when the situation arises she has a tool in her armoury. They have an amazing impact on some people.

Good luck :thumb:

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So I found out today that my dad is dying. He's been given about four months to live, the doctors think he might see Christmas if he's lucky.

He's been ill for a while now. He's had all sorts of issues with his kidneys and he's had a blood clot in his liver. He had cancer on his liver some time last year, but that was dealt with and nothing had been picked up in subsequent follow up tests/scans. He was taken into hospital in an ambulance last Monday at about 3am as he'd been vomiting blood (although not much of it). He was told yesterday that the cancer has come back; his kidneys are pretty much shot, and even if he was up to chemotherapy it wouldn't make much difference because the cancer has already progressed quite far. He (and my mum) found out yesterday but wanted to tell me and my brother at the same time.

I'm not sure it's hit me properly yet. I don't know, maybe it has and I just don't know what to feel at the moment.

And one of my bottles of Dead Pony Club was leaking and had gone flat, it tasted like crap.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Feel like I'm in a rut. Have no motivation to do anything right now.

6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Rather annoying flight home. The plane was delayed by an hour from arriving in Düsseldorf, so we arrived over an hour late in Paris, giving us about 45-30min to get to our next flight, but the connection terminal in Paris is at the end of the world, needing a shuttle to get to the next terminal, which never arrived. Then they had to organised some vans to carry us, taking over another hour, by then the flight had left.

Got a hotel, slept for only 3 hours, because the new flight left early in the morning. Flew to Amsterdam, from where I got onto the plane for Johannesburg. And of course the luggage was left behind and I have to wait another 2 days for that to arrive.

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Bloody hell. Very sorry to hear this, man. Thoughts are with you and your family.

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

That's very sad and I'm sorry to hear it. I know how it feels - I was with my father when they told him the bad news.

Needless to say it sucks really badly.

I found that long walks helped clear my mind and made a huge difference so I made sure I got one in (the same one) every week. Try and find something similar that works for you and look after each other.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Thanks both.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Really sorry to read this, my thoughts are with you.

11. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Cherries and Cherry Juice (highest concentration you can find)

They brake down Uric acid.

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Just paid the deposit for my new place, first time my bank account has gone under 5 figures in the last 5 years :(

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Estate agents, our buyers came had a survey done came back fine. Had one done on a place we wanted that came back fine, called up to ask when we can expect the sale to get moving. They dropped the bombshell of my buyer hadn't actually sold (despite being told otherwise) an they now want me to reduce the price 10K to help the other people sell.
    Fuming is not the word

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Thanks, man.

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Oh man - rage inducing. And these scenarios always somehow end with the you having to drop your pants to somehow make everything better and the sale go through. I know someone currently selling 5 houses on a new development, every single one has gone through this sh__ - last minute reasons that the asking price needs to be dropped by £10k to "help things through" for whatever reason, and the agents are often just as bad as the buyers - where there's a sale there's a buck to be made, market value or not.

My recommendation, tell them to swivel and refuse to play by their rules, or lack thereof.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Already have, called me apparently my buyers gone on holiday for a couple of weeks which is amusing as they cant trump up 10K.
    Told my agent to put the house back on the market which they did within about a half hour. Told the agent for the property I'm looking at, apparently its OK to hold as its vacant with no chain. Have to see what happens I guess.

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

HDD is ****ed, rendering my PC pretty much unusable...

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i wish i could go get some, cant work a clutch pedal tho

19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Bought a Extra SSD 450G but because when i built my computer i didn't go into great cable management i've got to rebuild it all! xD

20. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Hate to say it, man, but that is definitely a first world problem :thumb: