1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That's quite a cocktail, hope it shifts the pain and keeps you going. I think I'd be on the ceiling with that lot...:eeek:

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

When I froze my shoulder, I was given diclofenac, diazepam, and codeine, each at their respective maximum dosages. I got home and took all three at once. Three hours later, my wife came home to find me sat on the sofa staring at a switched-off TV with a small quantity of drool gathering on my chin. I hadn't moved an inch.

My shoulder didn't hurt during that time, mind, so I guess it worked...

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Haha - sounds similar to when I slipped a disc in my back a few years ago. I was prescribed codeine and diazepam which did nothing for the pain, then tramadol - still nothing and so eventually ended up being given morphine. The doctor said "there's not really a fixed dose - try one spoonful (it was in liquid form) and then see how it goes from there". One spoonful wasn't cutting it one afternoon so I tried a second and promptly passed out on the bed for 2 hours... Turned out that 1½ spoonfuls was just the right dose for me hehe :)

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So a couple of weeks ago I noticed I had an issue with a air bubble in my cpu loop, spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure out what was wrong and never looked at the fittings on the pump.

Today I was given enough money by my grandad to go and buy a new board, cpu, ram, pump and rad, even though I told him I only needed a pump and rad.

So I gets home from Scan and starts to build the system and put it all together, and then went to fill the loop, turns out I fitted two of the Monsoon fittings without the rubber seals so it leaked, fixed that and noticed that the fluid was not being pumped around fully again.

I then lost my temper abit and left it alone for a few hours and was trying to think what could it be? :wallbash:

I then looked at the Pump Top, one of the EK ones and found I had both the Input and Output from the pump and Res installed in the two Input's on the Pump Top :duh:

So now I have a MSI Z97 Gaming 5, De-Lidded 4790K, 16Gb Corsair 2400Mhz DDR3 ram sat in it's box as I ended up buying a MSI X99 Gaming 7, I7 6850K, 16Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 today which is all installed.

I will keep the Z97 stuff for spares, until I can get a PSU, Cooler and Case for it to build a new server out of it.

Oh and my nice White Corsair Cable kit is now pretty much mostly pink, from the Blood Red EK Coolant that leaked on to the cables.

Moral of the story look at everything, literally everything before spending money as it might be a simple fix.

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Well, I took the prescribed dose of each and not a lot happened for about 45 minutes then..... An hour and a half later I woke up with a dry mouth and a daft grin.

6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Result! Keep comfortable and hope your back recovers quickly now you're relaxed on that stuff.

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

After having a pretty crap day I got a call from Tesco... I've got the loan!

Not only am I swapping my car for a car I really want but my repayment and fuel cost will be substantially less

I'm absolutely buzzing.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

This thing, needs a bit of tweaking but oh my days its fast grinning like a fool on the thing

[​IMG]

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

All the bits I ordered for cable-sleeving my PSU have arrived.

...what could possibly go wrong? :D

10. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Unfortunately there isn't enough room to mount a slim 120mm fan inside my PSU as I'd hoped, but fortunately there is enough room in my case for the PSU to fit with the fan mounted externally. In actual fact, this works even better because now the fan sits flush against the intake grill on the case panel.

Not the tidiest job but it wasn't meant to be, it's hidden completely out of sight. Silencer 910w, meet Ferm. Ferm, meet Silencer 910w...

[​IMG]

It appears to still work too, which is nice. :)

Last edited: 27 Aug 2016
  11. DeadP1xels

Had probably the best night out in a while on Saturday, I felt great had a dance met up with some really old mates. Got home 'merry' rather than plastered and woke up completely fine... Sore feet and a lost voice but felt great! Everyday i'm feeling more and more comfortable in my own skin and people are starting to comment on the positive change.

I got a girls number, I'm not necessarily that bothered about seeing girls at the moment... I'm kind of happy being by myself. It's just nice to get that validation someone has an interest in you when you're feeling negative about yourself.

Also I've got two days of work and i go to see a friend in Berlin for 5 days... yep

Last edited: 30 Aug 2016
  12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just been emailed by the garage. My new car starts being built in 2 weeks. :dremel:
    This means delivery should be while I'm in the USA on hols.

TL;DR = No need to buy airport parking. Just hand in my current car in 4 weeks time, train to/from airport (£7 each way), collect new car on return to UK. :D

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Pick up my new car in less than 24 hours. Can't wait :D

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Congrats. What you getting? (Mine is a VW Up! MY2017)

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its a BMW so I'm having to keep remind him what indicators are :thumb:

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

a decent interview... now to wait and see...

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Optional extras :naughty:

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Lyon -> Calais last night in 4 hours, after getting stuck in traffic in Lyon for two hours. Made the last Eurostar to get home as planned. Thank Science for that RS6... :naughty:

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Magic parking lights? :idea:
    (The kind that override double yellow lines)

Last edited: 31 Aug 2016
  20. DeadP1xels

Found the car... like the exact one! its awaiting to be prepared (and even arrive to the dealer) I took the initiative to call the dealer and to my horror 12 people had enquired the same day!

I've reserved it with a small refundable deposit to jump to the front of the line as i'm fairly flexible about when i can go see it. At the same time they'll value my car and we can haggle it out for the best price. I can afford it at its going price now but its worth a shot...

Out with the 2012 1.2 Corsa Limited Edition Magma red in with the 2013 BMW 320D MSport Alpine white!!