1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Jonsbo RM2 or smallest possible atx/m-atx case.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atc95, 23 Aug 2016.

1. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Hi all,

I currently have my PC in a Jonsbo RM1 which is a case I absolutely love except the cooling is very limited. This case supports atx (even though I have a m-atx mobo) and is only 21.5L in volume.

My plan was to mod this for watercooling but due to the cases design (rivets and a U shape aluminium panel) it is easier to purchase a Jonsbo RM2 which already has the vents in place that would allow me to mount a 240 rad in the top of the case and still give me the option of 2 GPUs.

The issue is, I am more likely to win the lottery than find somewhere that sells this case :wallbash:

So my question is, firstly does anyone know anywhere reputable I can buy the Jonsbo RM2. Or alternatively, can anyone recommend a micro atx or atx case that is sub 25L volume, and can fit or be modded to fit 2 GPUs a sfx PSU and 2x240mm rads or equivalent. I am looking at the alphacool eisbaer and gpx pro blocks as the basis of my cooling so wont need a separate pump or res which will save me space, and I only use an m.2 drive at the moment so will only need room for 1-2 2.5" drives in the future.

My preference is definitely trying to locate a Jonsbo RM2 but of anyone knows of any similar sized cases I would be grateful!

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The best place to get jonsbo I found was QuietPC. Even though I hate the company with a passion.

https://www.quietpc.com

However, do note that usually in the UK they do not go under their factory name of "Jonsbo" and instead use the name "Cooltek".

I had a look for you and they do not stock the RM2 but maybe if you contacted them they could get it in, if their sales service is better than their after sales service. It seems they have an awful lot of "Cooltek" stuff so I guess they would be the people to ask.

Good luck with your search, I know how it feels to want something not available in this country :)

3. atc95

Will try contacting Quiet PC, not that hopeful though as I found out from Jonsbo that they only made the RM1 available in Europe not the RM2, and that is using available very loosely :lol:

4. wywywywy

wywywywy Minimodder

5. atc95

Didn't have any luck with Quiet PC but have found this site in Singapore which sells the case.

http://www.mynextcomonline.com/jonsbo-rm2-black/

Seems to be pretty genuine and after delivery and customs it works out at roughly £140, ludicrous price but my mind is set on this case (I don't want to waste all the hours of planning).

6. atc95

I do like the silverstone cases but there is no way this one has room for 2x240 which is my current plan (either as a combined loop or 1 for cpu and cold gpu, another for the hotter sandwiched gpu).

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Something new from Thermaltake. Pretty compact for ATX - 24 litres. That's less volume than my TJ08 and similar to the SG03 mentioned.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

10. Vault-Tec

Wow that's nice. Looks like the EK Vulture in the way they've done the window.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea really! (another 'stolen' TT design but hoo hum at least I can buy this one). Hopefully try and go see it in a local store and take some pics.

12. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

13. Vault-Tec

Wasn't the Vulture ITX? It's kinda like a cross between a Vulture and a Fractal. And the price surprised me too, I figured it would be mad spennies with that bent window.

14. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

If you can wait, the Kimera Cerberus (18L mATX case) is finally-for-real-this-time about to enter the final validation run before production.

15. atc95

Back on topic to cases that are smaller than a full tower XD. This looks really good! From memory didn't this used to be known as the nova?

16. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Yes, that's the one. There's a lot about it on [H] or better on SmallFormFactor.net as the creators of Cerberus are lead peopl at SFF, which I think is a great resource.