1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by iancowell, 9 Aug 2016.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I found a planet with a **** load of Emeril on it so I mined the crap out of it for fun and profit. Still following Atlas path I came across a system that had already been discovered by some chap called four-pints.

There still so much hate towards this game, in fact I don’t think I've ever come across so much hate towards a game before, but I'm still enjoying it.

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i think the hate is from the mass amount of lies that where spun to sell and pre order copys.
    If he was honest about everything and didnt lie about most of the game i think it would be respected as a decent game a lot more.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

That's the problem with people pre-ordering. Wait until a game comes out and read some reviews but yes, it's a niche game that's been marketed as a AAA title.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I had my copy of the game refunded today, not due to the missing features etc but due to the performance issues and also the game crashes.

If they ever fix the performance and crashes and add a proper ability to fly the ships then I will look at it again, but until then I am not getting it again.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Totally agree. Technically I did pre-order it, but it was already out on PS4 and I watched the dev stream and then others on Twitch before I bought it. I knew exactly what I was getting into.

The marketing was Sony, as per their deal.

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

As was, I suspect (and hope), the removal of some of the pre-release content that we saw - release deadlines and all that.

Fingers crossed that we see a lot of it added back in over time.

7. Hex

I would not be at all surprised. The vagueness is probably also due to NDAs, Sony's are pretty strict...

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The game never justified it's 40 quid price tag even the £25 I paid was probably a fiver too high.

I wonder when they are going to deal with the many bugs. The stuff underwater is either not there, ruins, or inaccessible, abandoned factory, I have given up going underwater for anything, and what is it that you cannot swim on the surface?

I will admit to finding the game strangely addictive though I have no idea why as once you have built up your ship and suit not really sure there is much else to do although I keep coming up on things that I can do like scan animals and the like which I was not aware of and finding out that the shift key gave me propulsion which again I was unaware of, lol.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

10. creative

creative 500rwhp

been playing this a bit myself but I am starting to leave it now for two reasons.....

1: Fun to start with exploring planets until the grind sets in..... warp and grind, warp and grind...
    2: Performance problems. I had 2 x gtx660 OC editions in SLI and it was ok. not the greatest cards I know but played most things with reasonable settings. Picked up myself a Gigabyte 1070 for a song on the weekend and enjoyed playing fallout 4, battlefield and crysis on ultra... load this up and my god.. frame drops ahoy! in some situations it was dropping 80 frames in an instant according to fraps. Max is capping at 160fpsand I tried every possible combination to get it to run smooth with no joy including turning off g-sync in the .ini

Oh well, might see what any updates bring before I venture back I think.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bored with it now, I have decided that I have had enough as I have pretty big ship, Exosuite and multitool and all there seems to be done is make my way to the centre grinding out warp drives as I go.

12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

is no mans sky a locked development, or is it like elite dangerous in that they will continue to listen to the community and add new features and parts to the experience?

13. oscy

oscy Modder

If Sean Murray is to be believed... *awkward pause*... there will be things added to it. One addition he did specifically say was "traditional multiplayer" modes, so deathmatches presumably.

14. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Do you have a source for that? One thing that has been stated consistently is that NMS will not have any sort of traditional multiplayer.

15. Hex

Yeah I've never seen or heard that said, it seems entirely out of place with the game honestly. (To clear any confusion I'm agreeing with edzieba!)

16. oscy

oscy Modder

Google it, mang.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-will-have-traditional-multiplayer-but-/1100-6420982/

Though he later vaguely possibly said that wouldn't happen but it might because who knows? - https://youtu.be/F6mO6YTvjVw?t=7m13s

And in the GameSpot video he insinuates it'll be more MMO multiplayer, so co-op quests presumably.

It's Sean, he just says yes to everything.

17. Hex

I did and found nothing relevant. The article you posted is from 2014... I don't think it's relevant any more!

As for MMO multiplayer. Nope. In his Reddit AMA (which was more recent than the videos) Sean said "if you want to play that kind of game, then play Destiny, it's very good."

18. oscy

oscy Modder

He was saying (and has often said) how if you wanted a multiplayer game shooting each other, this isn't it, there are loads of other games for that (like Destiny). Anything like that in No Man's Sky will be as an extra (like a lot of multiplayer in games really).

God save us all if a suggestion made during a development is no longer relevant after development these days, but another thing he said as recently as two weeks ago is that after all the customer support they'll start looking at adding features and "through updates and things in the future, we will make the game about other things, but initially when it launches, (exploring space) is what it’s about”.

19. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

These days?! Welcome the the last few decades of software development! Vague statements made during the concept stage several years before release should never be taken as cast-iron THIS FEATURE WILL BE PRESENT, from anyone, ever. The same goes for any sort of product development really. If something has a multi-year development cycle, it IS going to change between concept and final output, everything must pass through the fires of The Damn Thing Has To Actually Work first.

20. oscy

oscy Modder

Sir, might I suggest a calming of the tits are in order? Put the caps lock and the bold down, no one needs to get hurt here.

I'm just repeating what he said, it's ultimately up to you to decide what to believe. I personally don't follow previews etc. at all so they're welcome to make up whatever **** they want.