1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield 1 [5]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 5 May 2016.

1. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Is anyone else finding it harder to spot enemies using the q key on this compared with BF4? I seem to need to be pixel perfect to get enemies designated.

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Oh mayne, that was fun. Just had my first blast and really enjoyed it.

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Can't connect to EA servers currently, I hope it's not down all night, was hoping to get on tonight.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I had that problem too but got in eventually. There was talk online of a DoS attack on their servers but I don't know if there's any truth in it.

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Seems like euro servers are down

7. Hex

I was playing. Then the menu frustrated me with being so slow (like wtf why is it ridiculously slow) I quit the game and then couldn't get back in.

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Kept spamming go online, I got in but couldn't connect to any servers :(

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

10. Hex

Last night I realised I'd never tried out the field guns, so when I spawned and saw one with nobody in it, figured I'd give it a go and see how far they can fire... well then! :lol:

[​IMG]

(Aww I can't link the .gifv so it looks all waffled, doesn't really matter though, you can see what happens.)

Last edited: 1 Sep 2016
  11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Finally my pc is back up and running so will give this a try later when I can get chance to try it.

Going to see how The Division performs first as that and Elite are the main games I will be playing so need them sorted first.

12. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Haha. :D I had a couple of similar kills lobbing artillery shells into buildings from the armoured train. Great fun.

I managed to get back on again last night and had a play with the graphics settings. According to Afterburner's graphs, 3GB vram gets you DX12 with everything on "high" (one notch down from "ultra") and TXAA, HBAO etc. Dropping TXAA to "FXAA high" and raising texture quality to "ultra" did briefly hit the 3GB ceiling but I didn't notice it in-game.

13. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Really enjoyed it, but my computer kept mucking up whilst playing. Running out of memory, crashes and that. Definitely a limitation of my PC, not the game itself as other people run it perfectly fine.

The features and gameplay on show is pretty barebones, but it was the most fun i've had in this genre for years.

14. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I *think* I read somewhere about a possible memory leak, although I may be mistaken. I have definitely seen people say 8GB system ram "isn't enough" though, despite the stated system requirements.

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

It crashes too much for my liking. And it is not RAM for me, i have 32GB RAM :D.

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Played 1 game and it was pretty good.

Performance wise as there is currently no SLI working for me, at 4K Ultra on what appears to be a single card it wasn't to bad 40fps.

I think if I buy it, it will be just the base game for now but will have to wait and see.

17. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Last night I played about 2 hours in total and can honestly say I had no crashes. I did update my video driver though because I'd heard that Nvidia released a new one with BF1 open beta optimisations (v372.70). Which driver are you using?

Edit: I don't know if it's DX12 or what, but doesn't it look sweeet? At 1080p I think it needs at least the "FXAA high" antialiasing, but everything looks so good, even with LOD settings on "high". :eeek:

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

You know that thing when the tank you're in is swinging all over the place trying to avoid an air attack, and you catch sight of the plane for a second, guesstimate its trajectory, fire a shell off in desperation and watch in complete disbelief as the plane explodes?

Yeah, that. :lol:

19. Hex

It doesn't run very well on my PC (I only have 8GB of RAM for starters), so I've been playing on XB1 and honestly the functionality isn't much better there either! The menu is awful. If you accidentally try to open the menu in game you're screwed for about 2 whole minutes before you can select anything. My last 3 matches never managed to load the scores at the end, we just got a spinning circle. I've also seen reports (although not seen it myself) that backpacks spin in circles a LOT.

As I'm a games tester myself I try not to say this too often, but... was this game even tested?! I'd expect these issues in a closed alpha, not an open beta!

20. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I've had a few rounds where the scores haven't appeared at the end. I've also had aiming issues when using vehicle gun placements: on one occasion hopping between them with the function keys meant I couldn't move the crosshairs, and once the cross hairs completely lost alignment and my bullets hit the ground a few metres in front of the vehicle I was in even though the cross hairs were centred. Additionally, in one very bizarre round I couldn't select anything other than my primary weapon which was very odd.

These are minor niggles though and didn't happen often enough to affect my enjoyment.

Meanwhile, I had another couple of hours last night. The canister shell rips through infantry like nobody's business and at long last I saw a tank get taken out by a AT rocket. Hopefully more people will unlock and equip them because until now tanks have been quite dominating.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2016