1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield 1 [5]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 5 May 2016.

1. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

No crashes for me as yet, some glitches in game and difficulty connecting at times, it does seem to like a lot of ram.

Performance is stellar too, very rarely below 60 at 1440p and often in the 100s

2. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I've had lots of crashes, 4770 + 16GB Ram + 780 here.

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Do I beer or Battlefield tonight?

Or a little bit of both? :naughty:

4. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

This gameplay video is funny. It shows a squad of players just messing around together, very effectively, in-game. They manage to take down the big rock archway too (the one that leads up to the sniper's ledge), which I didn't know was possible.

NSFW language.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I took out another one, in less dramatic circumstances this time but at least I caught it with Shadowplay. :D

Last edited: 4 Sep 2016
  6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've been having a lot of fun with it but then again I'm a fan of the series so it was always going to sit well. Love the WW1 setting, it makes a nice change.

7. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

but SO annoying listening to the commentary

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Gotta love Jackfrags and co, they like to have a laugh and don't always take themselves that seriously... it's for the lulz

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yes, it's nice to see videos of people actually enjoying playing a game instead of whinging about it for a change.

Honestly, some people seem to have made a career out of moaning about games on YouTube. :(

10. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Crashes solved, things I tried but last one was the key:
    - Disable Origin in game
    - Disable XBOX recording
    - Delete the "Documents/Battlefield 1 Beta" folder contents

DO NOT try DX12, it may break it for the time being as it happened to me.

11. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I've been having a lot of fun running around the built-up area of the map during a sandstorm with a shotgun. The sandstorm effect is amazing, I've never seen anything like it in a game before.

I've also been giving the medic class a go too. I really like the M1907 and the hang-back playstyle, and healing/reviving folk is fun.

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Dx12 and Origin overlay had been fine for me. I've not had a single crash. I did spawn without any weapons and seems invisible to enemy once. Apart from that, the game runs beautifully for me.

I'm really enjoying every aspect of vehicle gameplay, like every BF games before it. The front gunner position in the 3 seater bomber is the best infantry shredder ever! The planes are tuned to perfection, dog fights and bombing runs are so fun. I find the tanks are not overpowered at all, 2 assaults know how to deal with a tank can quickly take one out, there are also many emplacements.

WW1 is the perfect era for a Battlefield game. There's not many distractions, just all out war. Let's just hope other maps' version of armoured train is as easy to avoid. I hated the AC130 gunship in BF4.

I'm certainly sold, but I won't be buying it on release. I no longer game like the old days, from a few hours a day to a few hours a week. So paying full price on release and falling behind on unlocking gadgets is pointless. Why is the anti-tank gun for the assault a class-grind unlock? Another reason the levelling up system in a non-RPG multiplayer game is plain stupid and grind-y. For this sole game mechanic and EA's premium DLC pass system, I'll be waiting for sub-£10 BF1.

13. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

updating Gpu drivers sorted a lot of problems for me with a 780ti

14. B1GBUD

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

They need to get that sorted (and I'm sure they will).

In the meantime, much outrage.

16. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Oh dear indeed, that's a Ubisoft level mistake there! Makes sense now though, as to how people saw me clearly in the sandstorms!

17. B1GBUD

I seem to recall the cover/debris was also client side on BF4, the problem with it is you think you're behind cover, when in fact you're not... Dice plz

18. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

19. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I have mixed feelings overall. It does not feel like a BF game to me, but then BF4 doesn't but I guess that's down to the pace of it being slightly faster as mentioned before.

The basic sharpshooter / sniper weapons seem pretty OP as there is next to no bullet drop, point and instagib.

Horses are annoying, can take loads of gun fire, kill you with one swipe of a sabre and also they can run you over. Id like to see how many rounds Sea Biscuit can take from an AA gun and keep a rider on its back.

Its quite pretty as a game, not that I can max it out on a 660ti.

20. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I'm still getting used to the faster pace but as a map, it's already starting to feel more familiar. I can now get around reasonably well without walking straight into a headshot, most of the time anyway. :) There's nothing worse than that first day "ZOMG THIS IS IMPOSSIBALLZ!" feeling.

I wish there was more to entice people into sticking with their squad, though. Like I said in the BF1 Beta forum, we need more Band of Brothers and less Benny Hill.