1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

£485 left on a £17k loan from way back 2009 or so, will be nice to close that off and finally not have any over head.

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Got to play EMT today.

I'm at work and was heading from one trip to another when I came upon a 3 car accident. The first vehicle had heavy front end damage but the driver had her door open and was talking to someone who identified himself as a firefighter. The second vehicle was empty and had fairly minor damage, but the roof on the third was caved in and there were two people in it. I asked the firefighter if he had checked on them and he said he had not so I did. Both patients were conscious and responsive, and both complained of head pain. The passenger window was shattered and so I did a quick evaluation on him and found nothing super concerning. The driver was pretty hysterical, but it's a general rule of thumb that anyone making that much noise isn't dying. I was finally able to unlock the doors (neither occupant was with it enough to accomplish that), get at the driver and evaluate her. She was complaining of head and neck pain and so I manually immobilized her neck and waited. About this time help started arriving, first police closely followed by the first engine company. I gave them a quick rundown on what I had and that while none were critical, the driver needed to go first and my passenger second, followed by the driver in the first car. I was sort of stuck there holding this poor sobbing lady's head while the engine crew worked around me stabilizing the vehicle and forcing the passenger door open to extricate the passenger, but that's just what needed to happen. Eventually the second due engine and the medic unit arrived and took over patient care and I was able to leave.

Despite the significant damage, none of the patients were dying. Modern cars do a remarkable job of protecting us from ourselves and they were in the 98% of patients who are going to do just fine no matter what we do (the other 2% die). Still, it was good to be there and have the skills and experience to know what needed to be done and fo it, even if it didn't change much.

Gooey_GUI likes this.
  3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Finally got the Asus Strix Soar squared away, and now I'm just listening to the full range of music on it.

Good God it's good. The channel separation is better than on the DX, the bass is clearer and goes deeper ( I think that's partially the integrated headphone amp driving my 518s better than the DX + External amp could ) and the surround emulation is straight up Better to my ears in games, it's frankly amazing.

Just a shame it took so much work to get it squared away, and it's still not quite perfect.

The only other problem is it's making me wonder how much better a nicer pair of headphones would sound, and the Sennheiser HD600s are on sale on Amazon right now...

4. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

This is a problem I face every other week :blah: I really like the HD518 as well, but one can't help wonder....

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Successfully replaced the power steering lines with AN-6 steel braided teflon.

Why is that awesome? Because it's demystified the front end of the car for me. Forced to take pretty much everything out to get at the parts I needed access to. Also means there's no more rotting Ford steel hoses to worry about, and with a Mocal cooler, it's got as much if not more cooling capacity.

Also finally ****ed off the aircon stuff too. There's no point in maintaining a **** system for three days a year that it's of use.

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Some things should remain mysterious. Some things we were never meant to know :worried:

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Pot Noodle... pots of nutritionally dubious, chemical awesome... [when it's the first proper thing you've eaten in quite some time after a stomach bug]

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

The assault class AT rocket in BF1 beta. Great for shooting tanks and they smash buildings too.

Edit: I've also been having a play around with the memory (2x 8GB Crucial Tactical Ballistix 1600) in me new 'pooter and it seems happy enough at 2400MHz, cas 11.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2016
  9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

after shelving my PG RX-0 at the start of the year i decided to pick it up again. just finished building the torso. fiddly ******* esp with the electronics kit.

im out of matt sealer so im going to have to wait until next week before i can finish it off its decals/fine lines.

oh well, might as well make a start on the legs

[​IMG]

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Between here and eBay, I've managed to shift £460 in unused kit in the last 4 days (after PP/eB fees). Admittedly half of that is to pay off a "new" (old) laptop I just bought... Once I get my Steam Link through I can break up the system in the lounge and start getting the money together for a "gaming"-ish laptop.

I've got *so much* unused stuff lying around here, and I hate to see all this perfectly good kit lying round gathering dust. The money is good, but it's even better to see stuff going to a new home to get some use.

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Visited Berlin with a few friends this weekend, I honestly feel it was one of the best experiences of my life... I'd happily move there tomorrow and its made me think how much i could be potentially missing out on.

I'm not a guy for continuous travelling, I love stability in my life. I'd definitely love to visit again and get some more trips organised (everyone seems keen)

It was a great time and i'd highly recommend anyone going there

12. DeadP1xels

Double post but i don't care!

My car is in the showroom... I've been on the outlook for a new pair of wheels for a while and it suddenly turned up in weston super mare. It's a 2013 alpine white BMW 320D Msport. According to my sales man I've pissed approximately 13 people off by throwing the deposit down (refundable) without seeing the car ahead of time.

I'm seeing it on saturday and I'm so excited!! I should be hopefully trading my current car in at the same time aswell :)

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

you got any photo's of the whole collection mate ?

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i havent really been documenting the build thus far, might make a log tho.

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Currently in New York on holiday, which is pretty nice.

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Met up with a former boss for a coffee and a chin wag. No guarantees of anything, but there are some real possibilities in the near future.

Given recent set backs and disappointments in employment prospects, that couple of hours has really lifted me out of the deep blue funk I've been wading around in lately. I'm no better off than I was yesterday, but my mindset has improved immeasurably. :rock:

17. DeadP1xels

Got a date... I have no idea... I'm punching and I put 0 effort in...

Ahh well

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Turned the waterblock around on the socket by 90 degrees.
    Decided the hoses were far too close to the RAM afterall.
    Turned the waterblock back 90 degrees.

:lol:

19. DeadP1xels

New wheels, 2013 320d MSport 184BHP.

My corsa did a 37.6mpg commute driving efficiently this beast did 61mpg average and i fiddled with the sport+ modes. I've also paid an additional cost (ouch) for a 4 year warranty with £5k excess unlimited claims which gives me peace of mind for any nasty bangs or noises that may occur.

To say I'm happy with it is a complete understatement... I cleaned it today on my street but spent most of my time talking to strangers about cars.

[​IMG]

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Shiney! :D

VW start nailing my new car together this week for delivery this time next month. :dremel: