1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Web hosting advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by modd1uk, 30 Sep 2016.

1. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Hi folks, I'm currently with Vidahost for my hosting, the support is great but my site is very slow connecting some times so I'm looking for a new provider.

I signed up for 1and1 for a year, my mate said they're crap but didn't give me a reason why.

Does anybody have any recommendations? Ideally don't want to spend more than £70 a year and I'd like to be able to host numerous sites on it.

2. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

Oh, i'm interest in this too

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I use Tsohost, which I have to admit I only chose in the first place 'cos the name's a palindrome but which has turned out to be fanastic. Their Pro cPanel hosting gives you SSH access, cPanel control, loads of subdomains, and up to six separate websites (I run all of mine on the one account) for £4.99 a month, which is £10 a year under your budget. Their support's great, too: you usually get an answer to your email within minutes, and they don't ask questions when you're asking for something silly (like bizarre DNS entries 'cos you're trying to make a DNS tunnel...)

Last edited: 30 Sep 2016
  4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Your linky had a break in it, so fixed it for ya :thumb:

I use 1and1 but I find their control panel slow as hell but otherwise it works great. Never had to use their support team though.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Whoopsie - must have tweaked the mouse too far to the left when I copied and pasted it!

6. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I very nearly bought the tsohost package until I realised it's just vidahost lol. Paragon internet group. Support is top notch, but it can take 10+ seconds before my home page even starts to load.

7. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

8. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

9. Gareth Halfacree

Really? I just ran Google's speed insight tool across one of my Tsohost-hosted websites: "In our test, your server responded in 2.4 seconds."

10. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Can you pm me the web address so I can see the speed please <3

11. Gareth Halfacree

It was my portfolio site. It's a little clunky thanks to some blocking scripts, but that's hardly Tsohost's fault.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Where I work we resell swift internet packages. They're pretty damn good in my experience, but I only order a package and arrange transfers to them, i don't get involved in web development/site testing.

The control panel for the packages we tend to use are all plesk and pretty comprehensive.

Might be worth looking at?

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Optimisation optimisation optimisation

Last edited: 3 Oct 2016