1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You crazy kids and your conversions!

I finally got off my ass and did some work on terrain tiles, and then ran out of primer and gave up for the night;

[​IMG]

Edit:

The browning begins! Also nearly ends;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Sep 2016
  2. wormy

wormy Minimodder

Almighty, that's a really nice piece of work.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

4. liratheal

At least it's in the correct colour!

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Thanks buddy, I just wanted something a little different but still recognisable as a Shadowseer. Currently working on an alternative Solitare and Death Jester but they're slow going.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Feral Interactive have announced that WH40K: Dawn of War II along with Chaos Rising & Retribution DLCs are now available on Linux via Steam

7. wormy

wormy Minimodder

I look forward to seeing those. I've never been confident enough in my painting skills to try and do justice to Harlequins and my modelling skills are even worse.

8. liratheal

[​IMG]

And the table is largely one piece! Still got to brace the underside, and screw the legs on, but otherwise it's ready for more tiles/a game.

9. Almightyrastus

I should have the last pieces that I need for the solitare coming through any time. As for the harlequin painting stuff, I have not done anything with regards to the diamonds and instead stuck to the simple green, red quartered pattern with yellow streamers which has worked out really well.

I think that the most 'advanced' thing that I have done on them is the rainbow hair colouring and that was just glazes over white and mixed before they dried.

[​IMG]

10. wormy

wormy Minimodder

That glazing of the hair is really effective.

11. Almightyrastus

Thanks, it was just something that I tried on a spur of the moment thing to get a bit more variety in there. Really easy to do as well.

In other news:

[​IMG]

Magnus the Red in demon prince form, Thousand Sons marines also confirmed along with an almost certain confirmation of plastic Sisters of Battle. GW put up a video on FB, sort of a rumour control kinda thing.

12. liratheal

I don't know enough about the demon form of Magnus to debate how it looks, but.

It looks like someone watched a bit too much Pans Labyrinth, realised it's meant to be a 30/40k model and stuck some giant nipp...Horns on it.

13. Almightyrastus

In lot of the recent artwork, he's been portrayed with the nipple horns before he went all demon-ey.

I'm just glad they didn't go with the old epic monkey-boy:

[​IMG]

14. liratheal

Well I guess he had to look like a bad guy before he officially became a bad guy. Still seems.. Excessive.

I totally didn't make a shitload of Chainsword teeth today;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, to stop fannying around and finish the rest of it.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2016
  15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Pfft... amateur... [only joking, looks good lira]

16. Almightyrastus

Watched that last night, very impressed that they managed to get the teeth to both look right and work as well as that and... well, Blood Angels - win.

As for other stuff, been working on this gribbly fella:

[​IMG]

However, (yup, minor rant time again), I am a little stuck until I can get hold of a particular paint as it is a colour that I want to use on all my 'stealers so mixing is out of the question. It is a GW layer paint that has been advertised all over the back of the new cult boxes, on the painting guides on YouTube, and in the painting guides. Now, considering how popular these new boxes have been, you'd have thought that the paint would be easy to get hold of.... Nope, mail order only...

Why the hell do GW have to have mail order only paints? They're tiny, low value little pots of goop, surely there's room in the stores for the full range... It would appear not.

Fair enough I thought, I shall mail order it as GW's site says that for delivery to the Nottingham City store, order by Monday and pick it up Saturday, great... Nope, everything else managed to turn up on the store delivery...

Next stop WHW, my thinking being that you can do a same day mail order there as the store sits on top of the warehouse. So I asked one of the store guys "what's the quickest that I can get a pot of Slaanesh Grey?" He looked at his watch and replied "3 o'clock?"

Me (trying to keep and even voice) "3 hours for a single pot of paint??! I could turn around and see your warehouse doors from here, forget it, I guess I'll just be waiting 2 weeks" and left.

Seriously, mail order only paint that's pushed all over the back of some of the fastest selling boxes of this year?

/rant

17. liratheal

I sooooo dearly WANT to do that. However, there's a lot of rules and whatnot about showing up to places with an -actual- weapon :(

Still, that was cool as **** to see. The only downside? The housing for the chainsaw to run it. It's just a shade too big :p

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Russ is up on FW

[​IMG]

Can't remember if piccies of him have been posted in this thread... but kinda glad they didn't go with wolverine-esque lightning claws... or make him look like angry santa *cough*Grimnar on Chariot*cough*...

Not keen on FW's paintjob though... the colour of the armour looks too Luna Wolves imo, though I do like the heresy-era dark grey regular Space Woofs to the blue-grey of the '40k' ones.

19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Long shot but apparently if you go into a games workshop they are giving out free codes for a special dwarf character called Grombindal in Total War : Warhammer, I’ve bought every DLC so far and was hoping to have it complete however this knocks a hole in my plan, so if any of you guys are visiting one sooner or later could you kindly pick me up a code?

20. Almightyrastus

They're not giving free codes away per se, it's a code that will be in the latest White Dwarf magazine which is out next Friday