1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

I think Temp control is perfect for Mouth2Lung inhales. If you're into airy draws from you're atties or if you do Direct-Lung inhales, it's probably better to stick to kanthal builds.

I had some issues with certain atomizers when I began building temp-control setups with Ni200. Sometimes the Atomizers are not conducting enough, for example, the Kayfun 3 (The first topfill/adjustable juice control one) didn't make a good enough connection, so the the resistance was jumping all over the place. Sometimes, you'd get the coil not screwd well enough in the atties posts: too much and the cabe would be cut, not enough and you'd run into resistance problems.

However, when you get it right, it's nothing short of awesome for me: I haven't had a dry coils in months, the vape sensation is always the same from one coil to the other (Reprducatbility was harder with kanthla for me) and even from one atomizer to another.

It has its quirks, and you should tread carefully, but personnaly, I haven't used kanthal in any of my tank atties since I started temp control. I still used clapton coils on my drippers for fun and coulds though!

2. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

that's pretty much what i've heard before, and why i haven't bothered with it, i usually make 0.20 - 0.40 coils and vape at 40-50 watts.

i'm a "direct to lung" vaper so i guess i'm not missing much, thanks for your input :thumb:

3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Something arrived. What could it be?

[​IMG]

Hooray for hybrids!

[​IMG]

Got that "hold on, I've seen this before" feeling. I wonder why... Oh right, I already have a red one.

[​IMG]

Yeah, bought a secondhand Diablo One Biohazard. No regrets.

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Just waiting for the Goblin mini V3 to hit UK shores, looks like a decent evolution from the V2 which is rather decent.

6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Se kirpasee vain kerran. For non-finnish talker: it hurts only once.

Yeah I'm a huge Diablo fan, very solid devices and built like a tank. Already got four and planning to buy more.

7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

8. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

So bit of an update from me.

I have finally retired my Praxis decimus to a spare mod as I upgraded to a Wismec Reuleaux 2/3 and my god is it nice. I love 2 battery mode and all it's features. the fit and finish of this product is lovely and it's my daily driver for a few weeks now.

As for my work mod I'm currently running a iLeaf Pico with a 22mm Wotofo Serpent Mini and it's a lovely all day vape as the battery life is outstanding. Another reason for having both devices is that both can be charged by USB, I know this isnt ideal but at work I cant keep moving my battery charger to and from work, it's just too much hassle.

On the battery front I have purchased a 4pack of LG HG2's due to the 3000mah and 20A specs. These give massive battery life and couple of spares don't hurt.

On to the coils, I have been testing out a few fused/stapled clapton's buy a guy called Scott on Facebook (Coilsbyscott) and these have been lovely as paying £30 for a set by Squiddoode is out of the question. These run about £6-8 and are lovely and last ages if taken care of properly.

Moving forward to the tanks front, well it's been a mixed bag. I purchased the Limitless tank awhile ago and it's ok....it was supposed to compliment my Avocado 24 but tbh it's just sat here most of the time. I have found the tank is a little leaky(very thin metal body) or causes too much spitback. Flavour wise it's good but my avocado is still king.

Then more recently I got the Ijoy tornado to see what it's about and my god its annoying to build on and if the wicking isn't correct it pisses itself the second it gets a chance. The cloud production is nuts but at the cost of a muted flavour and leaking. I know it's tricky to use but I actually prefer the Limitless between the two Ijoy products.

Tbh I got both tanks just to test on and see but i'm actually thinking of getting rid of the tornado as i dont have any need to have this many tanks. Now in a slightly fanboyish state yesterday I ordered a new black Serpent mini 25mm. This I think will compliment my avocado as a daily tank. I honestly think single coils are the way forward, with both flavour and battery life.

I can't wait for it to come thru and for me to build on.

To be fair i think I have reached the limit of what I want out of tanks and mods, There's no point to keep spending on new gadgets when they have become this good and reliable. I think for the future i shall be spending on better coils and different cottons.

9. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

10. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

I'm looking to make my own juice in the next week can you confirm that it is 20% concentrate and 80% PG/VG mix your using? Thats quite a large amount of concentrate, im guessing the flavour is insane? Any tips for someone starting out....

11. saspro

saspro IT monkey

20% seems really high. I run 5% flavour on most of my liquid, I run 10% for things like Mango cream but that's just to get the cream flavour coming through.

12. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

Yeah I have been looking on https://e-liquid-recipes.com/ and the amount of concentrate they use is between 5%-10%. Its a very good website if you haven't been on there before.

Ill be doing a VG 70 / PG 30 mix with approx 10% concentrate i think.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I normally run 10% flavour across all my mixes except cinnamon which is at 20%.

Most important thing when making your own juice is to let them steep, different flavours will require different steeping times to get the best from them, you'll pick it up as you go along

14. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

Yeah i'm fully aware of steeping, normally 4-8 weeks if i'm correct.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Steeping times vary from mixture to mixture. For example, I mixed up a Blueberry Greek Yoghurt juice last night which was literally a shake and vape, it won't benefit in any discernible way from steeping. I also mixed up a Banana Cream, Strawberry and Custard juice, which I won't even taste for a fortnight because custards just taste a bit weird before they start to oxidise.

4-8 weeks seems massive overkill to me. I don't dispute that some juices might benefit fro longer steep times, but unless you're making a new batch weekly so you have a constant supply I suspect you might be disappointed.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I've some that are good to go from the minute they're mixed, others I leave a week tops.
    But it varies from juice to juice and person to person, I'd say you need to expermiment, but start tasting way before 4 weeks

17. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

18. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

I have both the Capella Cool Mint and Berry so ill give that a wirl, it seems that most fruit flavours dont need much steeping but the creams do....ill just experiment.

I'm going to try and make the following

Coconut Milkshake Bourbon ( Had this cocktail in Bali recently and its amazing )
    Christmas Mix ( Gingerbread / Orange / Apple / Cinnamon / And maybe a few others )
    Hugo ( Popular European cocktail - Garden Mint / Elderflower / Lime / Prosecco ( If if I can find a flavour)
    Various fruit mixes

Obviously going to try the fruit mixes first as they will be easier I think.

As I mentioned above a great site for recipes is https://e-liquid-recipes.com/ so ill be using the help of this site too. Currently 47176 recipes on there.

19. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

I am now into vaping for good. Just recently gotten an RX200S in red and black. Currently have a Kanger subtank plus on it, but I have plans to order an Avocado 24 soon and get into coilbuilding.

I've also begun mixing my own Ejuice, though I'm still exploring flavors, seeing what suits me best. I do know that I've been sticking to flavor art however, as they tend to be rather dependable.

20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Have you come off the fags? or just straight into vaping?

Firstly let me say that I've tried numerous liquids. I don't like making my own I found it very messy and a pain. However last month I decided to try Medusa and I have to say their flavours are the best I have had in four years of vaping. I thought their strawberry kiwi was a fluke but their blueberry and rhubarb and custard were equally stunning. I've just put in lemon meringue pie and it too is excellent.

I have also received one of these as a gift from my lady :)

[​IMG]

Basically she bought one about six months back and fell in love with it. Being like me (an aspie) she hates change, so was worried that she would have to change if hers ever broke. So she tracked down another one and bought it. Then I explained to her that it was a stand alone 18650 battery, so the battery would probably fail first.

Then the other day she dropped her original one and broke it. However, after closer inspection I realised that she had only broken the tank "glass" (it's plastic) and I bought her a replacement. So she got out the brand new one and used it for two days whilst waiting for the replacement plastic tube.

So yeah, I am now the proud owner of one of those :) I think I am going to get the NES skin for it :D