1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Wait. What?

Edit. You want to see if your CPU posts. I thought they wanted you to pay to let them use your CPU to check if their motherboard posts.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2016
  2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yes, that's right. My pooter became brokened a couple of weeks ago and I don't have the spare bits to diagnose the fault. I'd narrowed it down to CPU or mobo but couldn't get any further and because I've been quite busy lately, the poorly pooter has been sidelined.

Anyway, needs must, as they say - I've just been to collect my CPU from the shop after it was tested and apparently it works, so I'll be returning my mobo next week.

Hopefully I'll have a working pooter again soon but hey-ho, worse things happen at tea. :)

Last edited: 8 Oct 2016
  3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Ah well your off the booze so at least you have a few quid for it.

4. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yea, over a week now and not a drop.

Steady as a rock. :)

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The little b*****d shot me right in the ass.

Lmao classic

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Haha, yes. That gets a harrumph from me. :)

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Next time you're feeling bad spare a thought for these two fellows.

http://www.caskethardware.com/

No matter how hard they work, or how hard they try they'll always be wankas.

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Mobile providers.

Have pretty much zero signal where I live (hasn't been that pressing an issue for me until recently due to work). Attempting to get out of contract...

€482 cancellation fee or wait 72 hours for Tech Support to substantiate my claim. I need to be back up and running by wednesday afternoon at the latest due to a surveying contract that I have on Wednesday/Thursday in the arse-end of nowhere.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Long may it carry on that way!

Went to swap the brakes on my car. Bad idea in general, brakes were not changed owing to the fact someones used an impact gun on the bolts, as your do.
    Seems I have an oil leak from either the sump or oil return, eithers going to be expensive as the manifold will have to come off, an the bolts are rusty blobs.
    An last but by far most concerning when your laying under the car. My axle stands started sinking into the driveway, turns out that extra 600Kg for this car is enough to go through the rather thin layer of tarmac they laid (or likely just sprayed) on.
    Only plus side is my friends have rallied round to help with the brakes so its going to hurt the wallet a little less.

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Which network are you on? you can get a signal booster that connects to your home broadband if you have feck-all signal, something like the Vodafone Sure Signal

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bad drivers.

Specifically: those who think it's a good idea to overtake a cyclist who, having given a hand-signal, is moving out in order to avoid parked cars; and those who think it's a good idea to try and overtake a cyclist and leave so little room that the aforementioned cyclist has to swerve to avoid being clouted off the road by a van's wing mirror.

There's a good god damn reason why I start at 7 and finish at 3 when I cycle: because the closer 4/5pm I leave the worse the traffic gets, and the worse the drivers get.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This post could probably qualify for the What makes your life awesome thread. I recently, 3 weeks, moved to SSE Hydro for my utilities, gas and electric, and the customer service thus far has been appalling in fact it makes all those companies that come at the bottom of the Custom service lift look positively brilliant.
    As with most of these utilities companies when things go wrong rather than admit the fault and sort it they invariably compound it. And this went from a simple they, for some reason, lost my first metre readings and though the eventually confirmed that I had indeed given them three weeks ago the pretty much accused me of all sorts.
    Unfortunately the charge early leaving fees of £30 per utility I did not want to pay it as it would seem like a reward for poor service.
    Anyway, emailed the CEO on Friday and today received a response with £130 compensation so it pays to complain.

But what is it with these companies, is it because they rely on quantity of customers and not quality of service?

13. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Yes. They rely completely on the turnover of customers to make any money. That and the vast majority of customers never having to speak with customer services.

Last year, due to their own incompetence, we backed SSE into a corner where they had to write off over £300 of bills. The meter had failed and we had advised them of this several times but they never replaced it and tried to make out it was our fault. Paid for a weekend of gigs in London, that did :D

14. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Loneliness and depression. Pretty much the usual.

I posted an ad on the Strictly Platonic section of Craigslist last week and actually got a reply, but nothing came of it. Well, not quite nothing. I gained the realization that even the possibility of rejection is so painful at this point that I don't want to even try. On the other hand, I'm sick of being alone all the time, but the two cancel each other out and I'm left going nowhere. Sucks to be me :waah:

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I'm with Eir Mobile, but wanting to switch to Vodafone as they are the only provider out here that are actually able to provide signal. They have a mast in the area, as it's a telecommunications blackspot :/

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Been in the doctors for 6 hours to have my foot washed out with fluid because I stood on a nail :/

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

17. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

My 5 year old needs permanent glasses. I also have permanent glasses, so I feel for her.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Hardly ruining my life but annoying all the same. learning the new button layout on a remote control for the new Humax PVR I have to replace my old and faithful Humax Fox T2 which really did not like my new 55" TV, I think it was a generational thing so I split them up and replace it with a newer model and am having 'fun' learning the new buttons. The reason it is a tad difficult is this is my bedroom setup so button pressing is done in the dark or with the light of the TV.

19. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Just found out that I'm being made redundant whilst I'm on holiday :( Not the news I wanted.

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

buying a 3x meter 1.1 display port cable for a 42" dell screen which needs a ewr[roiwreufhs['oihfsd['fpoihs 1.2 display port cable (zero on screen with 1.1).

two decades in IT and I didn't even realize there was a big difference, the fact a vendor is still selling 1.1 cables for some reason is neither here nor there.

don't try connecting a 1.2 display port screen with a 1.1 display port cable it doesn't work.