1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by OrangeClockwerk, 3 Mar 2014.

1. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Hey guys I apologize for the delays, I just built a Co2 laser cutter and building it and calibrating it has taken a bit longer than I had expected. Its finally up and cutting now and I am starting to make products for my webstore. Once I have them all done Ill release the final photos of Cyprus 29 in conjunction with a 29% off sale on my site so stay tuned! Until then, here is final update 2 of 4. This update I have photos of the custom fan enclosures I made for my Cooler Master JetFlo fans.

First off thanks to my sponsors for their generous support and patience!

[​IMG]

Here is a render I made in Autodesk Fusion 360, I still have a lot to learn when it comes to rendering, but that software is so awesome. You can model, mold, render, do toolpaths for CNC, direct export to 3d printers, and also, its free!

[​IMG]

First I had to remove some metal on the front panel and then paint it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up I cut the enclosures out on the cnc router. and glued up the frames.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To guard the blades I needed to cut the acrylic bars to size and chamfer the corners on the mill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I removed the fans with their motors from their original enclosures and hitthe blades and bars with the copper paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the paint cured I glued everything up! Im happy with the result!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for this update, next up I will show you guys my wire management layout using aviation connectors that panel mount on the motherboard tray! The final update will be the water cooling install. Then the last thing will be the final photos!! I will roll these updates out quicker over the next week. Thanks for those who have followed this build since the beginning!

2. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

That is a great example of "render to reality" in one post! Great job as usual sir!

3. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks man! Cheers!

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Said it before about this one . I love it and frameless fans. That totally works for me. Such a clean look.

5. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks Jeff! I will lose a lot of pressure for cooling the rads but most of the time I am totally cool with sacrificing performance for aesthetics! :thumb:

6. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Solution: massive radiator overkill. Win win. :D :rock: