1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows World Of Warships

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lilgoth89, 21 Apr 2015.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Im all up for rough justice on dirty destroyers. Had one one two brothers that sneaked down the center thinking he was all clever an. didnt pan out well when I blatted him with HE in my Wyoming. Much rage not that I cared.

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Anyone tried the April fool ships and map? Aka Hindenburg in the Bath tub? Good sense of humor from WG on that one ha ha.

Also, Warspite back on Sale in the premium shop for the next 6 days.
    Having a fully pimped out New Mexico with a good captain, I question if I would get much out of it, with the exception of the extra income and of having the 'grand old lady' in my ship collection.

But a good option for someone looking for a premium mid tier BB.

3. legoman

Patch came down last night not had chance to play it, meant to be going to a birthday party tonight but seeing as they plan to start drinking at 12 an im on a strict no alcohol diet I may pop my head in then make some excuses, being the only sober person is going to suck.

The old lady is tempting but like you said with a mexico an a good captain its not really worth doing. Surely something like an Atlanta would be more useful?

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Atalana is brutal in the hands of a good captain but i'm not actually a fan of the HE spam ships and I know the Atlanta's short range would irritate me. It's one of the reasons I didn't get the Kutzhov with its 152mm guns, as I prefer the 203's on the Atago.

Surprised the Campbell did not make it to the shop actually, as a tier 3 DD it might make a good, cheap premium ship for the lower tiers.

I think the problem for me RE another premium BB, I already have the Derpitz with upgrades and a good captain who fits my brawling game-play style well, just two tiers up that is much better overall.

5. legoman

Its that or just get a cleveland or US destroyer, they spam really well too.

The Campbell town keeps getting delayed for some reason hence you cant see it not sure why but somethings doing it.

Tirpitz with the right modules an commander skills is lethal up close im pretty sure I went for the the increased range on them but any cruisers you catch close up dont really have much chance.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yeah, I set mine up with Basic Fire Training, Advanced Fire Training and the Secondary Firepower Mod in slot 2, I think it gives 6.5KM to the secondaries, which means you only have to close another half a km to get into torpedo range.
    I will try and post the replay to my half a million credit game from last night when I get home. We didn't get a high numbers of kills but I am fairly convinced that by wading on into the middle of the map and bashing our way into the line, we helped security the victory. Shotgunning the NC made me very happy, so happy I pancaked my ship into the quay side...

7. legoman

I really need to start uploading some of mine had some comical games, do you still have to amend the game or is it now auto recording the last one?

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

You have to enabled it via a small change to one of the config files. I tried to did out the link from the NA server that details how but the link no longer works. I am fairly certain a few of the prominent you tubers have done videos on the subject.

I picked up the Warspite at the weekend, glad I did, awesome ship at Tier 6, Like the New Mexico but with better Secondary firepower. Decided to sell the NM and use it to fund Fabuki Upgrades, especially the concealment module, which them combined with a camo skin, reduces detection down to 6.1 km...

As you may imagine, with both the Derpitz and Warspite on sale, the games this weekend were full of new players not knowing their ships and much rage from the less calm players lol. Personally I just enjoyed the turkey shoot :D

9. legoman

Oooh forgot they have put them on sale, ill use the noobs to grind out some free XP!

Oh little quirk I found, the specials with the silly boats if you put your commander from say the Tirpitz in Das Boot you immediately becoming an absolute pain, they have maybe two skills an im sat rocking eight with much troll going on :lol:

10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Heh that is a good tip for the Bath Tub Boats.

Also, killing newbie Terpitz players with Your Tier 6 BB is especially hilarious as they rage about how you must be cheating and are going to report you...
    Some people don't like ship sales and x2 events but personally I enjoy the shite out of it!

11. legoman

Im liking it, used my laptop an got a couple of games in at lunch, can tell its half term so many kids who cant drive a boat! managed to ram a destroyer in my Wyoming of all things!

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Had a good 7-8 weeks break from this and other MP games. Thought I would jump on for a few rounds in my Terpitz post 0.5.8 patch.

Was very pleased with the results - UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!

Replay Summary:
    6 ships sunk, 183k damage, 49k of which was caused directly by secondaries or the fires those secondaries caused. That's 1 quarter of all my damage that game...

Battle Results screens:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5j76ay93qttxfsg/worldofwarships 2016-07-10 21-33-26-63.bmp?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uav5vo4rwefvpsc/worldofwarships 2016-07-10 21-33-28-34.bmp?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rn6f75cgupc8uq/worldofwarships 2016-07-10 21-33-30-10.bmp?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r1oyw00awxxeoz/worldofwarships 2016-07-10 21-33-31-81.bmp?dl=0

Replay File:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyk76uumh...-Tirpiz-1942_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay?dl=0

Anyone who tells you secondaries are useless or that Battleships should not be up close and personal is wrong ha ha!

Last edited: 15 Jul 2016
  13. legoman

The Tirpitz excels at close quarters though, get within secondary range and you can ruin cruisers an destroyers.

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yes it does but 2 of the 6 kills were battleships of same or great tier.

Secondary firepower is perfectly viable on other ships, the Negato, Amagi, Warspite, Yamato, and even the Iowa at tier 9, when upgraded gets secondaries that can reach out to 9.1km (9.5km ish with flags!), with the added benefit that the Iowa (like Terpitz) has 'encased' secondaries that survive very well and can maintain their DPS over a brawl.

It is easy to overextend and die if your too aggressive, so IMO, it's more about timing/choosing your brawl!

I will say though, the tier 5 captain skill for secondary fire power dispersion reduction (-60% for ships at tier 7+) is pretty important, especially when combined with the 4 point skill advanced fire training and the secondary range upgrade module (+20%) are key.

15. legoman

Dredging this thread up with some good news, the RN light cruiser line is live, yay! queue some serious spamming, I'm converting 250K free XP I have from my tirpz so should see me with something nifty later

16. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The British are coming Huzzah!

I just used banked free XP to get myself the tier 4 British cruiser fully upgraded. Only played a few games, so by my own personal rules it's hard to really judge the ship as a whole, however, initial impressions are a bit mixed.

It gets no HE shells, so the 'fire starter' capability of the Brit cruisers is (with the exception of the belfast) not possible. The AP rounds seem to have an OK shell velocity but have an arc that I find a bit too high, making them feel a bit slow. Not Cleveland slow but certainly not the laser guided ninja rounds of some ships.

The torps are ok for tier 4, not a primary weapon but if you do manage to close the gap on a BB or cruiser, you can lay some pain with them.

The the really interesting thing, is that it gets the health boost module, at tier 4! Something no other non premium cruisers get until tier 9...

Now is a good time to be a low tier BB player, less risk of fire as everyone grinds the brit cruisers, which seem to made of bamboo, despite having citadels below the waterline.

It has certainly mixed things up, for which I am glad and I am looking forward to the mid tiers 6,7 & 8.

17. legoman

Quite enjoying mine, free XP'd up to tier six an having some great games. Thing thats struck me is two things, acceleration and rate of fire. The ship basically acts like a big detroyer so it sits perfectly with me. Hide behind things drop some fish an run like hell. Or just get the range an spam dozey BB's who insist they dont have a rudder.

18. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Tempted to try this - are there any codes for new starters to get additional unlocks around or referrals from existing players?

19. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

http://playtogether.worldofwarships.eu/invite/kqv6qDl

Enjoy :)

Assuming you're EU too obviously ^^

And if you want any help or advice just message me (in game name: Isitari)

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

20. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

That is perfect thanks! Will look out for you in game!