1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Connecting calendars on two Windows phones

Discussion in 'Software' started by Xir, 27 Oct 2016.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Hi,

I'm trying to connect two calendars on two different windows phones with two different windows accounts.
    What I could manage is connect both accounts completely, but that would mean my wife would receive my mail and viceversa, we really just want to share calendars.

One is a Win10 phone and one a Win8.1 if that's any help.
    Oh, and we're both not using outlook (as our mail is completely webbased only)
    That's probably a part of my problem as I have connected outlook-calendars at work.

Best Regards,

Xir

2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

who's the online email with?

3. Xir

Xir Modder

different ones, Hotmail (well, windows phone needs a windows account) Googlemail, GMX and some others.....

Hence I dont want to ty all these into one account but simply link the two calenders on the two phones

4. Legebriril

Legebriril What's a Dremel?

Afraid I don't have a Windows phone so can't comment on that but I was looking to do a similar thing with my work/ personal calendars. It isn't perfect but is a bit of a work around.

Way I got round it is to sync all calendars into google. Google allows you to share calendars between different people (and can turn them on/off at will, so can filter out theirs if you wish) without needing to share mail.

Could then just sync your google calendar with your windows phone and turn off the other syncs.

Wouldn't be any different to connecting them all to your phone, would just be connecting them all one stage further back if that makes sense.

May be someone with a windows phone who can tell you how to do what you are looking for but thought I would comment since been a while since you had any replies.

5. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Add all the accounts onto both phones, but only sync the calendars not everything else. Last time I used a Windows phone this is what I did through the accounts bit in the settings page.

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

actually this is what I do on my phone

7. Xir

Xir Modder

There's no choice, when adding a second account, you either give windows all the rights, or don't connect. :eyebrow:

Yes, this seems to work.

It does now show me all my entries in threefold though, the phone's calendar syncs with google, which is also displayed on the phone and google syncs with android, which then is displayed on the phone again. :rolleyes:

Then again, I'm used to it, all the birthdays worked like this anyway. :wallbash:

Howcome the old Nokia "dumb" phones had the best calendar? Simply worked, synced well and no double entries either.

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

I have 3 email accounts that sync calendars 2 without email on y Lumia 930 windows phone, but they use exchange, so not sure if I get different options than you