1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Has anyone returned a monitor to Amazon?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tiger-moth, 3 Nov 2016.

1. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure if I want a 4k IPS monitor or a 2560 x 1440, 144 Hz IPS.

I was thinking of buying a LG 27UD68 4k from amazon and comparing it with an Acer XF270HU (2560x14440) I'm getting from scan and sending back the 4k in new condition back to amazon if I don't like it.

What's their return policy like in practice - or do things have to be unopened to be returned?

I've heard of people buying several monitors and keeping the one with least bleed and returning the rest.

Thanks

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've NEVER had a problem returning stuff. That idea of buying several monitors and keeping the best one is something I'll keep in mind in the future!

Things can be returned as long as they're put back sensibly in their packaging.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Is it for gaming? what GPU do you have?

I would avoid Acer personally speaking. They're still mutton dressed as lamb IMO (from personal experience).

4. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

It's for general use and a bit of gaming.
    I've got a R390 8gb Nitro, which is underpowered for 4k but I was thinking of future proofing the monitor - 4k gfx cards will get cheaper.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

hmm. I would think it through a bit more dude. 4k gaming on one GPU is still exclusively Titan XP. There is no 1080ti yet and there will not be until AMD release Vega and even then Vega would need to be good enough to warrant it.

I bought a 4k monitor but grew tired waiting for GPUs that were fast enough and or affordable. It takes serious, serious grunt to run 4k and the current gen of console slop will have your 390 crying on its knees.

27" is also too small to run 4k natively as I found out with a 28" 4k monitor. I have an older version of Photoshop that did not scale and I simply couldn't use it as everything was so tiny. IMO 32"+ for 4k native, if you value your eyes.

I "downgraded" to 1440p after a 4k nightmare.

6. mstrmind5

mstrmind5 What's a Dremel?