1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Forza Horizon 3. The only game that has my attention. I need a faster graphics card for it though, GTX 660 is really struggling even on Medium settings.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Shadow warrior 2

Daddy.
    [​IMG]

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

HyperDimension Neptunia U

I only play it for the Articles, I swear.

I jest. I got gifted it from someone I know who wasn't interested in playing it and I'm surprised how fun it is. It's a hack and slash game, like Dynasty warriors and the like. Take on loads of enemies at once, with a big boss battle. Yes, it's an anime game and yes it does have...revealing attire but it's surprisingly competent. The controls are tight and the difficulty is quite high in some missions.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I found all of the Neptunia games rather well done. They're not as bad as some on the fan service, either.

5. Darkwisdom

I agree on that. I played the turn based RPGs on the PS3 many years ago and they were pretty good. The whole game is a satirical look at RPG games in general, with a jokey, nonsensical plot. The battle system was always good though. This newer one is a hack and slash game and a rather decent one at that.

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

BF4.

I'm far from the best BF player and public servers are extremely chaotic but I had one of my most enjoyable sessions last night. 64 player conquest on Op Metro and it was intense. 30 kills to 11 deaths, and quite a high score (around 6th on the board iirc). :rock:

7. Darkwisdom

I'm on the opposite as I never enjoyed WoW when I played it many years ago. I don't like what is a basically turn based attack system. I've always enjoyed an Action battle system like TERA or Black Desert Online. But then again, I don't know if you're only including 'traditional MMOs'. I'm very impressed with WoW's staying power though, over a decade later. People I knew in school talked about it and I tried it for a little while, but I never had that itch to keep going, it never sucked me in.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Yep.

Sometimes, I just want a 'jokey' game. Something that makes me think and plan, but doesn't drown me in reams of angst-story.

Actually, the PS3 JRPG I most want to hit Steam is Cross Edge. For some reason, that game totally sucked me in. Loved it.

9. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Stumbled upon my copy of Bungie's Myth and Myth II on the weekend and installed Myth II. With compatibility mode Windows 10 will install and run the game just fine.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Still playing Shadow Warrior 2, and loving every second of it. A more melee orientated version of the new Doom IMO, with roughly the same RPG elements thrown in, as well as 'runes' for weapons. When you start to get to the higher upgrades, life becomes amusing as you slash wildly at the enemies swarming around you, turning them into mush.

Graphically gorgeous too!

Last edited: 10 Nov 2016
  11. Darkwisdom

Phantasy Star Online 3: CARD Revolution (Gamecube)

I've been playing this on the Dolphin Emulator, with my Original Gamecube controller, Online. That's right, Online. Using the Emulator's Broadband emulation and OpenVPN, it can connect to the still open private servers. It's an emulator, emulating a peripheral to connect to a private server. We have something technical to call that; MAGIC. Ra thank those Devs, because they do some amazing things just for the nostalgia gamers like me.

It's like Phantasy Star Online but it has this goofy Card system for battling. It's actually quite a lot of fun. And with the Emulators features like AA, AF and filters, it looks really crisp. I've only seen a few people, but they're all very friendly and it's like these games have great communities now that they're not officially supported.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Decided to have a look at my large catalogue of games and see if there was any I wanted to revisit so I am playing.
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris: Rubbish controls for the PC and prolonged use of a controller with my arthritic thumbs is not an option but this is still good fun. Tried to also play Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light but this kept on throwing up an error message something along the lines that my graphics card (GTX 1080) was not enough for the game, a bug that has been about since 2011 and not fixed.

Rochard. This was one of the many games I tend to buy during sale times and one of the few I genuinely liked so happy to give it another run though.

The Cave: Cannot remember this one but I have seemingly played it for 8 hours.

Bloody Good Time: Unplayed but in my library for 4 years.

Crysis Wars: Bought in 2014 and not played, no idea why.

13. wst

wst Minimodder

I'm having a bash (and hack and slash) at Skyrim SE for the first time.

I'm still at the stage of feeling like the world has depth. Every Bethesda game I've played (admittedly just 2) has felt very deep at the start. I'm enjoying it immensely.

14. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Just came to start Modern Warfare remastered, it will not launch until infinite warfare is downloaded:(

Ignore that I think it's the multiplayer dl that's stopping it from running.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2016
  15. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Borderlands Pre-sequel

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Shadow Warrior 2

Still having a blast with this. It's like a cross between Borderlands (Pre Sequel is probably the most apt), the new Doom and Shadow Warrior (2013). The game is weird in that the environments are beautiful to look at, but you'll barely notice them as you're too busy chainsawing enemies to death in a whirlwind of destruction.

17. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Borderlands 2, which keeps crashing just before I reach the checkpoint at the end of the rescue mission in Bloodshot Stronghold, and it's infuriating!

I'm also faffing around in TDU, which is still my favourite driving game of all time. Tempted to get The Crew because it looks like a lot of fun (I'm not interested in realistic driving sims... I have a car).

18. Darkwisdom

Black Desert Online

Got back into an MMO, this is one of my favourites with the active battle system similar to TERA but much tighter in control. Such a pretty game and it's not too taxing either, even at max.

I started a new game as a mage and got to level 25 in about an hour. Wizards are seriously broken in this game, but they're so much fun. They have this amazing attack that chains lightning bolts around any surrounding enemy. I managed to get a chain of about 10 at once.

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Destiny - Finishing off getting all three characters to 400 and RotM Heroic challenge mode (Aksis

Ratchet & Clank - Just received a 4K patch for the PS4 pro..... holy balls this game looks so damn good!

Elder Scrolls: Online - Picked this up again on the PS4 pro as it has added a 4k mode. Took me a while to re-learn everything I had forgotten.

Neverwinter - The big one for me currently. It is a FTP MMO but I am level 65 (cap is 70) and have yet to spend any real money. Really enjoying it and I haven't even scratched the end game yet.

Looking to pick up either Titanfall 2 or BF1 as I put Destiny on the back burner.

20. Paradigm Shifter

If you can get it cheap, The Crew is actually much better than I expected it to be. I have a few minor gripes with it, however...

1) If your internet flakes for even a second, the game will boot you. When you're nearly at the finish line. In first place. Of a race you've messed up six times already.
    2) I cannot, for love nor money, get The Crew to see through my firewall. I end up hooking up the system it runs on straight to the modem/router when I'm playing, because that "just works". It's the only game that has any trouble connecting through it. Everything else works perfectly.
    3) You can't restart the game. Ever. If you want to restart, you need to create a new Uplay account and buy the game again. (I've not fired up the game for ages - too busy - so expect to spend hours relearning how to not suck with the driving model)...

I really need to find out if Forza Horizon 3 has a similar 'can't restart the game from scratch'... because that'll mean I don't buy it.

LennyRhys likes this.