1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Max, driver of the day by a mile and a half.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Shame he got screwed by another dodgy strategy call by red bull, making him come in for inters. Could have had a win otherwise. They really have to sort that out for next year.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Brazil in a nutshell -

Should I put inters on? Good god no...

Seemed like every time someone went onto inters, there was a crash.

Mini Max was epic [made up 10 places in 12 laps], Sauber finally got some points, feel a smidge bad for Ocon and Manor.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2016
  4. RedFlames

This though, is probably the image of the race...

[​IMG]

5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

it was rather funny to see the Ferrari guys all saying
    'thats a good idea, lets all get out there'

but yeah, can you imagine the pop if Lewis had invited Massa to the podium ?

also just a thought, with a couple of drivers complaining of the pace of the safety car, would it not be possible to get a GP2 safety car ? it would remove more standing water than the current safety car and also be able to circuit somewhat faster and give more accurate feedback to the race directors on track conditions, During the 'race' they said it was because of tires and stuff, so just have some of the guys bring a set of wets, a set of dry's and a set of inters, if its a F1 style car the wheels can be changed in seconds.

or an idea one of my friends floated was bring back a 'spare' car for the teams, and during red flag wet events have them drive round the track, clearing water and providing exact track conditions to the team, it would also give the fans something to watch, instead of just staring at an empty track, and a couple of screens

6. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

You are certainly not the only one who teared up at Massa's walk back to the pits after his crash.

Both my best mate and I suffered from leaking tear ducts, I can't remember F! I can still remember when Massa started racing and it was heartbreaking to see a man so emotional after such a race. I hope he gets a good result at the final race.

This was mentioned in the SKY F1 commentary, I believe its because the safety car has to be ready with 0 warning in any conditions, whereas a GP2 car cant be that flexible until it has a specific set of tyres fitted based on the conditions and due to this non flexible approach they were saying that it was unlikely we would see anything that isnt a road car.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Or change rules around car design so they can cope with water, it was possible in the past after all.

8. Strudul

Strudul ~

Would it be that hard to just have, I dunno, 2 safety cars? 1 for the wet and 1 for the dry.

9. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I am not sure what the reasoning is, im just going off on the speculation. I am assuming if it were 2 cars the counter argument would me that they both would then need to be ready and waiting to go at a moments notice.

I would be happy to see a more focused safety car, esp if it resulted in more water being moved and less time behind the safety car.

10. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Nascar used to use these, basically a jet engine on the back of a pickup, till an F1 driver ( montoya ) slammed into the arse of it
    [​IMG]

now they use

but anything is better than a red flag, as while they are sitting on their arses in the pits, water is not being cleared off the track, making it even worse when it re-starts

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Not alone in that either, had to re watch it because my mate was all excited she was in the video hugging him, you ant tell its her though she had her pit lid on, look for a short person when hes outside the pit hugging people. shes so short she makes him look huge.

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Next year's car will be even worse at wet weather running with the new fatter tyres, although the beefier diffusers will clear water better in theory.

Making the wet tyres taller(and next year, narrower) would solve a lot of issues. Provided the weight is carefully managed the hybrid engines have more than enough torque to cope with taller tyres and teams already have a 'wet tyres' mode for the engines.

13. Strudul

Strudul ~

1 would have tyres for wet, and 1 for the dry. That way 1 of the cars is always ready at all times.

14. RedFlames

Which sounds great... until they send out the 'wrong' one... or delay because its not clear if it's wet enough for the wet one or dry enough for the dry one...

Also doesn't the SC have to be able to carry 2 people? [Driver and a medic if needed iirc] which would rule out something like a GP2 car.

15. rollo

rollo Modder

That's correct, Merc basically has provided that car for a while now. The safety car has always been slow even in the dry at its fastest pace the f1 cars could easily lap it in a few laps on most tracks.

16. Strudul

Strudul ~

Use a rally car then? 2 seats and no issues with a bit of rain. :p

17. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I'm not afraid to admit this, I balled my frickin eyes out when Massa was walking back up the pit lane, I was sobbing like a big jessy :waah::waah::waah::waah:

Massive respect to Massa, gonna miss him... for sure

18. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Or they could just have used the virtual safety car? Could set the pace to whatever is needed at the time.

19. lilgoth89

ive never liked the virtual safety car, its FAR better to have a physical car to drive round for cars to follow, especally in these conditions where they need feedback on track conditions, it gives an 'unbiased' voice on the track.

ive wondered why a medic needs to be in the safety car, its job is not to pull over and assist any injuries but to collect the pack of cars and keep circling the track ( thats why they have a medic car as well as a safety one )

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I like that idea about the wet tyres, something seriously needs to be done or we may well end up losing rain risk races from the calendar, imagine F1 without Silverstone, Suzuka, Spa and so on...:waah: