1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows World Of Warships

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lilgoth89, 21 Apr 2015.

1. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

So it turns out I currently have the World Record for Damage in the Belfast(and by quite some margin):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

wow - that is epic. Belfast is a wicked ship! Scharnehorst who?

It's weird not having torps on a cruiser (when in the belfast) but actually the ship is so versatile with Smoke, Radar and the sonar plus those mental guns main battery guns it has, you can be so aggressive and make those pesky DD's day a misery.

Last edited: 24 Oct 2016
  3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I play the British LCs as basically big boy destroyers, do like the option to launch torps one by one, you can really cause mayhem with those splitting your load, or just using one to sink something rather than all four.

Well done on the record Isitari! Not an easy thing to do at all, was on lastnight an kept bumping into Jingles so never know I may pop up in a video (yay youtube glory!) Don't think I embarrassed myself tag teaming with detroyers on the most part being a real pain.

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I now officially refer to the Belfast as the Lulfast. I am getting a lot of salty rage from destroyer players at the moment, it is the perfect ship for hunting down the little buggers and a pair of them can put out quite some rapid fire volleys.

I expect a nerf in the not to distant future.

5. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

They very rarely nerf premiums. And if they nerf it hard they'll offer a refund as done with that American medium tank (very heavy medium, it's name escapes me).

I've now earned 4 supercontainers. Nothing special but 2 lots of 250 flags (+5% engine power and the witherer ones), 1 port slot and 500 doubleloons (sp?)

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

6. legoman

That was the super pershing, which to be fair the nerf was needed, its still an absolute troll tank that.

Back to boats, British torps, oh I love the single release, pop out close range drop all the fish in a repeating pattern so when they try an thread them they have to take a hit.

This container lark, quite enjoying it gives you an incentive to play bar getting better boats an captains. Free camo never goes a miss either.

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

That's good to know :D

RE the containers, I have only had 1 super container, but it was 5 million credits so was happy! Usually just flags when I choose the 'lucky' option. Agree it is a good reward system and because it is focused on XP and not number of kills, players just play the game to get the XP required to unlock them, instead of ignoring the game trying to only focus on sniping low health ships to get the kill count.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Five solid minutes toe to toe with a Battleship, in my little Orlan, one on one - nobody else involved. He's finally on his last legs... one more broadside should finish him and, of course, some f*** trumpet swoops in and steals my kill.

Oh and just how many friendly fire warnings do you have to get before getting kicked? I just spent half a game dodging two morons who kept sitting behind me, firing at the enemy; and hitting me.

I hate this game sometimes.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

They don't get kicked, they turn purple.

If a player's name turns purple, not only can they not damage their team mates at all, any shots that do hit their team mates reflect the damage back onto them multiplied by two.

I can't remember the exact criteria for it though, I think it's 1 team kill in any 24 hour period or 50% damage to any friendly ship. Doesn't stop numpties being numpties though.

10. legoman

Yeah wont stop them had someone in an Emerald dump all their torps in my direction when I was in a Langley, no hope! Already pink but still enough to sink me.

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Wow there is some saltiness out there at the moment...

Had one of those games last night that was down to the wire, we won with just 2 points ahead. It was a mix of tier 7-9 ships (not too many tier 9 either), it was a hard fought but good game. If we had lost, i'd still have had a good game!

I was in the Iowa and I had the support of a British Tier 9 cruiser.
    It was a bit of a sea saw battle (on the map shatter), where no one was over committed and everyone was trying hard not to waste their ships, so when conflict happened, it tended to be medium to close range and brutal.
    As anyone who know's that map well will know, going into the middle is dangerous work, with little space to maneuver, leaving you open to surprise DD attack or walls of torps shot down the tight waterways.
    This one player, a Mahan on our team, went in, by him self and then got destroyed within about 30 seconds, who then spends the rest of the game raging in chat, about lack of support etc and calling everyone campers, especially me as the BB player...
    I came second, with well over 156k of damage, so I had no worries about my contribution, I just can't fathom why people become so upset about it. It is just a game right?

On the subject of the Iowa, it had a recent change to it's turret traverse time (increase) but damn do the guns seem to be more accurate now. It has become a citadel printing machine! I presume they decreased the vertical dispersion or some such? I liked the ship before but now :D

12. legoman

To be fair the Iowa needed that tweak, ive managed to unlock Mr Seagull as a commander, keeping him in reserve as there was a mention of the USS Missouri (BB-63) which was the Iowa's sister ship being something you can unlock with free XP, considering I currently have 80K of the stuff I could get a free tier 9 boat which would be fun.

According to the Wiki...
    I like the sound of the reactivated AA defenses

13. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I had a very similar experience yesterday. I've only just started playing over the past couple of weeks so I'm a fair ways down the ladder (Tier IV Wyoming) but I'm a fairly decent shot and know not to take a BB in to a close range firefight in tight spaces.

Cue random idiot piling in all guns blazing against 4 or 5 enemy ships in a tight corridor (the map escapes me). Destroyed in seconds and spends the rest of the match moaning how we're all this name or that and he had no support.

14. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

The amount needed is meant to be around 800k free XP... I've got 140k free XP and I don't see me getting it XD

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Wow that's pricey, if I have worked that out correctly, to covert 800k convertible XP into free XP, would need 32,000 doubloons.... The German tier 8 premium ship Terpitz is 12,500 doubloon and is about £35 in the shop for reference.

I presume WG are trying to get people to use their free XP pools but at those numbers I guess this wont be that common a ship.

Last edited: 16 Nov 2016
  16. legoman

Im holding onto mine mainly for the RN BB's when the appear. Many the Admiral, Nelson and im hoping the Vangard class will pop up in tier 10, only snag with the Rodnol class will be the lack of aft turrets. But they should fun fast ships.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The Nelson looks a lot like the french Dunkerque, makes me wonder if the French and British shared the design with each other.

I am just 15k exp from getting my second Tier 10 BB, the Montana. I have really enjoyed the American BB line and am looking forward to be able to compared it to the Yamato.

18. legoman

The Nelson Class inspired the Dunkerque class ironically, they liked the bridge design mainly. The lack of aft firing was because they were designed as fast ships mainly to combat the Reichsmarine's Deutschland class.
    The Main problem with the Nelson like the Paper Izumo the super firing batteries only covered the A & B batteries, Battery X so effectively you only have the two chasing batteries aft that will be any use. That said, it should have quite a good fire rate. Also apparently its good at blowing up tanks and gave a number of its crew concussion and minor injury from flying glass after Turret X fired an blew the windows out of captains bridge.

One Interesting thing to note, a number of the RL battleships carried Torpedoes, though there were deleted in later life namely due to incidents where shells stuck near them causing excessive damage as to be effective they were mounted in the torpedo bulges.

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Interesting stuff, I did wonder if that 'non-conventional' turret layout might cause any problems.
    cheers for the info.

Well I finally got the Montana on Saturday just gone, and I have to say, what an awesome ship! Much more flexible than Yamato, as those double rear turrets give you much more rear firepower so if you need to do a running battle you can. Also, because it has properly encased/armored turreted secondaries and good AA, you can do a secondary build and be much more effective at it. I can only imagine how powerful the German tier 10 is in that role.

20. legoman

Im a font of useless crap on them I get bored an read.

Still struggling with the US BB line, I'm on the new York an its I just cant get on with it. I'm not sure if its me trying to engage at to long a range or just not using it properly but I cant wreck the havoc I can with the Tirpitz, I had a German T4 BB which was shocking but I'm guessing that's because its a T4. I have all the ARP Kongo variants (thanks stupid missions) but they annoy me. Do they get more useable? Or any play style advice for them?

I finally got the 4 point crew skill in the Tirpitz and went with extending the secondary's range, oh the carnage, it was bad enough before. Its now just short of 7KM with the signal flag as well which means my two favourite things are even more fun. Close range with another Battleship or Cruiser and destroyer hunting. Only thing I would love on this is sonar but that'll never happen, the secondary's make it OP as it is!