1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is the race worth watching on catch-up? I was stuck on trains/the tube with terrible mobile reception throughout - couldn't even get reliable text updates on the beeb website, and Virgin rail's Wifi service is a joke.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Yes, for Massa and Max alone

3. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

A thousand times this. IRL still use them, especially for getting debris off the track. The current system of picking up and brushing off is just stupid.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

And jokes about Juan and jet dryers are still alive and well. 4 years later :D.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

One world title in sixteen years, if he hadn't part owned the company he would have been out on his arse over a decade ago.

More than that, one world title despite having four champions who have won seven drivers and six constructors titles between them, Mercedes engines and the services of Adrian Newey.

He should have gone when he took the piss with Newey.

7. David

Sepang to no longer host Formula 1 from 2018

"From the longer term perspective, it's probably the correct decision because it's more expensive and no longer that attractive," said Nazri Abdul Aziz, the country's culture and tourism minister.

TBH, I can see a few venues going that way. Mainly some of the Tilke circuits.

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Sepang had its moments was was one of the better Tilke tracks tho unfortunately nothing to do with anything Tilke contributed.
    If the rumours after Liberty's takeover are true we could see a Vegas race. I wouldn't mind seeing a few alternate European tracks that have fallen out of favour. Overall the wringing every penny out of people is a massive reason for the shift towards Tilke tracks in oil rich countries that no one cares about the sport.

As Much hype as Dubai gets for everyone its more often than not a very dull race.

9. RedFlames

The take-away from all this seems to be - F1 is too expensive... In CVC's relentless drive for more money they've created a series that venues can't afford to host, fans can't afford to go to [or watch on tv], and teams can't afford to compete in.

10. David

F1 in a nutshell - very succinct :thumb:

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

So who's gonna win it? Bets on Ham or Ros..

12. RedFlames

Who do I want to win? Hamilton...

Do I think he will? Nah...

13. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I think Hamilton will win the race, but I can't see Rosberg realistically finishing lower than second.

14. David

Rosberg, if he gets away well.

If he fluffs the start, I think he'll go backwards pretty quickly because everyone around him knows what he has at stake and they'll be a wee bit extra aggressive with him.

Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I really do not like Rosberg. I'm not a huge fan of Lewis - well, I like his driving but he's a blingy little chav IMO - but I'd like to see him get four WDCs just to put Vettel back in his box, because Hamilton's achievement will be greater.

15. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I can see Hamilton winning and it being a very boring race overall but Rosberg wins the championship finishing second.

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'm of a similar opinion. I don't really like Hamilton, I thought his instaham prank was rude and childish, but I dislike rosberg more. He's so very bland and moany.

I'm hoping for a catastrophic engine/drivetrain failure on rosberg car, preferably on the last lap just to make it all that more painful. Or maybe a loose wheel nut after a pit stop. Maybe Bernie will have a word in Nikki's ear and a few nuts and bolts will find their way into his pocket.

But realistically, I can't see him not leaving Abu Dhabi world champion.

17. RedFlames

Hamilton's best hope is if Rosberg bogs down at the start and gets caught up in a turn 1 pile-up...

Or if Merc put an older engine in and it lets go half-way through the race...

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Hamilton needs to transfer a substantial amount of money to Verstappen's bank account, problem solved :D.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Max being Max he would probably take the money and ram Hamilton for being so dishonorable.

I actually want Rosberg to win the title. The most successful driver to never win the title is Stirling Moss' record and the sooner he hands it back the better. Except for Austria he's driven a pretty perfect season too, it's Lewis who keeps fluffing the starts (and no I don't think it's a fault with the car, other drivers in the field have bogged down off the line this year, but Lewis has been most visible).

Also, in 2008 Massa won more races than Lewis but reliability cost him the title. I feel the universe needs to show Lewis exactly how that feels to restore balance, it'll also allow Lewis to break two more records.

Most wins in a season without winning the title.
    Most wins in an unsuccessful title defence.

The guy does like his records...

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I want Hamilton to be on pole but Rosberg to crash into him in the first corner. Then he'll be Senna for a change.