1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Remote shutdown of windows pc via "net rpc shutdown"

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Springs, 29 Nov 2016.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

Hi guys,

I've got a script on my linux server to shutdown my windows desktop. this is mainly if i need to leave it running while i'm not at home and shut it down later on.

I've just reinstalled windows 10 onto my machine as it was playing up but since then i am unable to shut down the machine remotely.

this is the command i'm using which worked before:

net rpc shutdown -f -I *IPADDRESS* -U *Username%Password*

and this is the response i am getting back from it:

Shutdown of remote machine failed

result was: WERR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

i can ping the machine fine and also see it's hidden C$. I must be missing something. i've checked online but i can't really find much information about the error result. i've also gone through a lot of the other troubleshooting relating to net rpc connection issues.

firewall is off for testing
    remote registry is active
    remote RPC is active.

any ideas?

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Also checked your account on the system has permissions to shut it down? Some people say you have to use the Administrator account for it.

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

Hi thanks for that. remote registry is already active on the windows machine. As well my user account is part of the administrator group and the only account on the machine.

4. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

5. Springs

Springs Boing boing

well after much looking at working on something similar i found out the issue. The reg key went into the wrong location :( there is a path similar to the one that was required and i had chose the wrong one.

Anyway, it's working now so nothing to worry about