1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays The VR thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 10 Apr 2013.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

[​IMG]

"With us, its not very narrow (Oculus 100, to 110deg). Its your complete field of view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    imo

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

IPS-type panels have excellent colour uniformity (mainly due to better off-axis colour uniformity), and VA panels have superior minimum black levels. TN panels have generally faster pixel switching times, though newer VA panel chemistries are starting to rival this: TN is pulling ahead in minimum switching time, but VA is catching up on maximum switching time. Pixels in LCD (and OLED) panels do not take the same amount of time to switch between all possible values.

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

was bouncing home Wednesday after demist, popped to the cobblers to pick up my shoes and was heading to green park st, saw few Sony VR headsets through a window, its a please come in sit down and try place. no fee just go in.

any one wants to try Sony VR maybe nice next week to go, guess they will have a website some pace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Do we know anything more about this new Microsoft VR for $299?
    Cause i don't think this StarVR will be cheap anyway...

5. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Looks like John Lewis Touch controllers are being fulfiled by Tech Data Ltd ? have a Monday delivery notice (dpd).

6. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

Lucky. My touch controls still don't have any shipping information yet, just "processing" .

I wonder if they'll be any touch in shops.

7. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I'm in the same boat, yet there seem to be a lot of people in the UK getting theirs today, at least according to the subreddit

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

While you guys wait, here's Tested's review of the controllers:-

9. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Dpd pretty early today (9:34am) sent a mail saying..

Your Tech Data Ltd parcel has been delayed

We were expecting to deliver a parcel to you today; however, we have not yet received this parcel from Tech Data Ltd. As soon as we get your parcel, we will send you an email with your new delivery details. Until then, please contact the sender for more information.

Click the button below to see the latest information on your parcel

Happy to get them any time this week or two weeks is fine here tbh.

Will watch that review later on /home :thumb:

10. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

I'd given up hope, but I just got my shipping email. Ups are bringing it tomorrow.

"Castle Donnington, GB
    12/06/2016 4:56 A.M.
    Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery."

Not only is it delayed, it'd going the wrong way! The previous location was Birmingham.

Last edited: 6 Dec 2016
  11. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Mine just arrived 4minutes ago (dpd, tech data) , outside box is way larger than i expected but feels to be half empty but a little heavy item inside so expect half the box filled with bubbly.

Hoping to stay back for some prince 2 training so will have to between coffees sneak a look see inside the box.

Not often the "new keyboard or mouse" cones about, guess aday in history, only to be outdone from gaming perspective when i lock and load a virtual saw off/ striker virtual m16 combine with virtual recoil.

Would be nice to have a vaild reason to buy a blade runner decker hand guy replica (with strong recoil).

12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

13. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Assuming this is your video? because you spelt the product wrong in the title - it's Oculus, not oculas... its written on the box of the touch..

At any rate mine should be coming at some point today supposedly, assuming they don't try to deliver when I'm walking the dog..

Anyone know if you can get a separate tracking camera from anywhere other than Oculus themselves?

14. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

15. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

One can hope this is not a case of Early Standardisation (leading to another VRML). Unlike the existing OpenVR (which isn't open source) and OSVR (which actually is open source), to really gain traction it would need to be a natively implemented API. OpenVR and OSVR both operate as API protocol translators (e.g. if you want to use a Vive via OSVR, then OSVR receives API calls and passes them to SteamVR which passes them to the Vive). Elimianting that overhead (which impacts both performance and comaptibility) is critical, as is ensuring the API is a superset of features, rather than a subset as is currently the case with OpenVR and OSVR.

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The number of games available for VR seems kinda disappointing.

Anyone got any recommendations?

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

^Space Pirate Trainer, Raw Data. You shouldn't get VR motion sickness with these games. If you have Asseto Corsa or Project Cars, they have VR support, but may make you chunder.

18. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Ordered my Touch+Rift bundle from Currys/PC-World on Friday, got them Saturday morning.
    Needless to say, i've been playing with it since then.

Touch is absolutely fantastic, but the catalogue is a little thin at the moment.

Played:
    Space Pirate Trainer (Wave shooter, fun!)
    SuperHot (Holy heck this is fun and frustrating)
    AudioShield
    Fantastic Contraption
    The Climb (Eh, I puched my cieling trying to jump)
    Dead And Buried (Very fun co-op pvp shoot'em up)
    Job Simulator
    The Lab

It's tiring work, my arms ache, but it's a new level of immersion.
    I've used the DK2 somewhat religiously for the past 2 years, the CV1+Touch is a hell of an upgrade, and if you've got the bread for an early crimbo pressy to yourself, get it.

19. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

looks like good idea

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

nice apartment, but whats with the double doors that if opened and walked through would result falling to the street?

Edit: Realized what the doors are for, in the film cars can hoover (fly), the doors must be to access a "parked car", pretty cool design aspect of the apartment.

Last edited: 22 Dec 2016