1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress HEX GEAR R80 Prototype No. 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, 28 Sep 2016.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Sweet.:D
    Double wires are a PITA.

2. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Time to get some tubing going on this build. As per usual I am using fittings at the bends instead of bending the acrylic. A few has asked me why this is, and the simple answer is that I just like the looks of it better than bent tubing. Might change in the future, who knows:D

[​IMG]

First of all, I had to mod the radiator so that I could get one of the fittings futher "up" in the case. The reason for this was so that I could make as easy a tubing route as possible.

[​IMG]

These are the two tubes that goes to, and from the radiator in the top.

[​IMG]

And here it is mounted. I used an extender fitting for the rear port, which is why I had to mod the radiator, as the shroud would not allow for this to clear.

[​IMG]

Both pumps done! Luckily all 4 of the tubes going to and from the pumps was the same for both pumps, so I only had to find the correct length once, and then just make two of each tube.

[​IMG]

Another angle. These tubes JUST steer clear of the cables for the GPU's'

[​IMG]

Cpu loop done. This was one of the more complicated runs, and I actually thought about reversing the in and outlet of the waterblock as that would have fittet so much better, but I know someone would have spottet it:D

[​IMG]

Another angle.

[​IMG]

It is realy nice to be able to take apart the case bit by bit when working with stuff like this. Especially when you have fittings in the utmost outer parts of the case, such as the two visible in this picture, going to the GPU's

[​IMG]

Another shot of the CPU runs.

[​IMG]

This is how the tubes goes into the GPU's. Lots and lots of bends! But the pumps where more than able to handle it.

[​IMG]

This was a quite tight run, as the back panel had to fit in place as well.

I will put the final pictures up soon, and then call this worklog a wrap! And just in time to get started on a few more logs :D

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Alright, time to wrap this log up with final pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you all for following this somewhat strange log:D

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I think this is probably the only build I have ever seen where I would actually want to see the cables and liquid more than the PC parts themselves.

5. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Yet another masterpiece!! :jawdrop: Damn Hans!! You should have complicated this even further by putting that PCIE SSD under water too. :)

6. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

You are one insane human being, in a good way. :D

7. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

love the combination of wires and liquid on the back. Amazing looking case.

8. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

That's northing short of artwork!

9. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Haha yeah, it is quite a strange thing to try and show off. People will see the motherboard side, and then casually walk away. You almost have to point out the rear side as noone looks at the rear side of cases as they expect that to be the side where people just mashed everything into hiding.

I actually have the waterblock for it, but could not find a good way to route the tubing -_-

Thanks man!

Thank you! I was wondering if I should have used another color liquid instead of the white, but no other colors would have really fittet the build.

Thank you! Glad that you like it:D

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Gorgeous, as always.:D It's like some million-dollar ant farm. Color matching is perfect everywhere. I particularly like using the red wire combs as an accent.

11. kim

kim hardware addict

outside or inside, that's impossible to find the slightest part which is not absolutely wonderfull...and this cable managment is a real masterpiece...incredible modding Mr Pope, without forgetting the high quality of your pics...you are a dream maker...