1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Don't you just love it........

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 21 Dec 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

When you find out how daft you are.

Tomorrow I am going into hospital for a couple of minor ops and as it will entail an overnight stay I am organising essential tech. Phone, tablet and Ipod. Then a light went on and I thought I know I will use the Jabra Bluetooth headphones I bought for SHMBO but has never used.

Paired with tablet, perfect. Pair with phone again perfect then a tune started to play I thought that is odd as I have not selected anything. OK I will turn it off as it must be coming from the phone as I have plenty of music on it and as yet I had not paired the Ipod. Except nothing I did on the phone stopped the music even disconnecting Bluetooth did not stop it. That is weird I thought, where could the music be coming from? Picked up the tablet and noticed Google lay Music was open and a tune was playing. This must be an auto thing sent just to confuse. Anyway Ipod paired and we are good to go. Must admit far better sound than my Sennheiser in-ear phones.

All sorted now and yet another senior moment added to the already long list of similar.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I think its on par with when I put something down go back to it thirty seconds later then spend the next hour looking for it.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I so do that. Things just disappear.

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

They don't disappear, your wife just tidies up behind you but neglects to tell you where she hid them!

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Nope that is not it in my case as I can be working at my desk put down a screwdriver go to pick it back up and it is gone, only to reappear after I have searched for another one. I have even had to buy and replace stuff that has disappeared only for it to show up shortly after delivery of the new item.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's even more awesome when you put a screwdriver or something on your knee, and instantly lose the smegging thing.

7. legoman

Tiny short lived blackholes that's what it is!

8. Strudul

Strudul ~

Spent 10 minutes looking for a screwdriver that I'd put in my pocket...

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ha.

I'm still not convinced we don't live in that universe from the film 'The Borrowers'!

10. legoman

That's probably a more plausible hypothesis than momently black holes caused by the use of the LHC. Id expect to be missing a chunk of leg or similar.
    Micro sized people hiding sounds 100% more credible theres loads or space between a floor and the ceiling below and often in the wall space.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I think we should stop calling them borrowers as they are little more than theives. I had delivers a set of rather nice yellow round cables. They sort of replaced the ribbon cables if old. Yes I was a little worse for wear when I opened the package but the following day when sober I could not find the cables and never ever did.

12. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm 27 and I've lost my Glasses on my forehead more than once..

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

"Oh for crying out loud, where the hell did I put my phone?" Phone is in my hand.

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

FTFY! :thumb:

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

OK, I can't recall ever doing that one...! :)

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I need to invest in some new tools that don't disappear the second I put them down. If I don't have a helper for DIY jobs they take around 5 times longer than they need to because of this.

17. Strudul

Strudul ~

Just need a tiny GPS tracker on everything and an app on your phone containing a database of everything and showing their locations.

(Will need to run on your PC too for when you misplace your phone. That should be enough redundancy, it's not very often I lose my PC.)