1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ Picture heavy! \\ V8 Ocean // FINISHED - eucalyptus

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by eucalyptus, 18 Aug 2016.

1. eucalyptus

eucalyptus I am 19 and Swedish!

B NEGATIVE IS A TRUE ANGEL! Thanks God Bit tech is blessed to have such an Einstein with us, he is incredible talented, and his guide for Air leak testing on Overclock.net have helped me so much, thanks for being here on the forum!

Thing are moving forward, not least the days counting down to Christmas ;)

Anyhow, instead of watch this lonely little build log die in the feed I thought I could give you something to look at :)

All water cooling is installed and sort of leak test, AIR leak test to say. and GOD BLESS air leak testing, O M G! Anyone doing water cooling should do it. It’s just so insanely easy and quick thing to do. Just amazing.

Just do it!

Although, I have been going through a lot of pain lately while doing leak testing… I have been taking apart the loops and changing TRIPLE o-rings three times, it took more than 5 hours to change O-rings on almost 50 fittings and then it turns out one of the double male extension fittings were damaged……….

Its worse than the most crucifying horror movie to pump the loop with air and watch the manometer to move and somewhere there its air leaking. It feels so bad, worse torture a human being could go through. I am not the man to do this. I get so bad psychical to do this. You know the view of life and thousands of pictures pass by, “life review”, thats what’s happening to me, “why do I do this. Why did I get into this” etc etc, my luck with the Tristellar is still haunting me, that thing was leaking like a fountain.

But it saves me some pain because it’s air and not water this time!

HOURS and HOURS again, it seems to be safe. Pour some water into the loop, and 3 hours steady. Going to do proper leak test when time is given.

Also, installing the Alphacool 90 Degree glass tubing were a less of a success. One of the tube were kinked, bad bent in factory.. The other two were too big, didn’t even “fit” the fitting…. and the last tube were perfect, but broke at installation.

I took one of the tubes that were too big and used the dremel to get the ends smaller, just big enough for the fitting. It works! But the rest is crap. So I have to wait for new tubing, hopefully Mayhems can save me here. I did one in acrylic, but it looks weird compared to the one in glass! Glass is so cool.

Also, SO much fun to work with glass. The straight Alphacool glass tubing is phenomenal, no problems so far. Very scratch resistant, but very fragile, I had 10x 60cm tubes, nothing left.

Installed all the soft tubing inside, that was so much fun, but a real challenge to get everything fit in such small space. But it is so much fun to do soft tubing! I really understand now why people choose it instead of hardline, so much easier and very very dumb/stupid-proof!

When everything was installed, one of the inlet tubing inside the case were probably kinked, because only one inlet worked, so to solve it the easy way I took a piece of M5 rod, bent it to put pressure on the tubing from the side. Works fine :)

Waiting for a glass tube replacement until I fill the second loop. Then I will try make one of those “fill loop” videos when I bring it to life with some awesome Mayhems dyes ;)

Oh, the double inlet of the Alphacool Eisbecher reservoir is A M A Z I N G! It’s so fantastic!!

Merry Christmas and Happy new year everyone! Happy holidays, I am so glad to be surrounded such awesome and inspiring people like you. You are the one who wants me to continue with this. Everyday you give lovely feedback and gives me so much inspiration. You are the best, remember that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Apr 2017
  2. Zenator

Zenator Minimodder

Very cool eucalyptus, Ill just sit back and watch from now on. Love all the designing your doing in this one, Well done mate. :)

3. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Better late than never! Subbed!

4. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

This is SO cool also following you on facebook, very well done!!

5. eucalyptus

Makes me very happy to hear that Ken :D :D :D Thank you so much! But not close as good as you are with Photoshop ;) ;)

I believe you are right! I were wondering where you've been, nice to see you back :thumb:

Great to hear MeMo, thank's a lot! Very grateful for that, for your follow and kind words :) I will keep you posted when it's finished ;)

Just waiting for a new glass tube at the moment, it sucks :/ But I really need a few weeks off, to rest my head.

Thanks everyone for following my work! It's really crazy actually, we passed 10 000 views on this project on Bit Tech, WOW! That's a HUUUUUUUGE achievement.

6. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Great to hear MeMo, thank's a lot! Very grateful for that, for your follow and kind words :) I will keep you posted when it's finished ;)

Awesome! Thank you!!!

7. eucalyptus

Hi :blush:

Do you remember me? After all this time?

Well, I remember you, yes, you. Did you believe I'd forget you after all this time together? I haven't!

and I AM BACK!

Tonight I can announce, 1st of April 2017, that project V8 Ocean is finished!

Not a joke, it's truly are finished.

Took months for Alphacool to send me the last missing piece, a 90 degree glass tube. And now it's in place, up and running smoothly.

I can also tell you that, after all the issues with different brands on tubing, O-rings and fittings, yes, 3 different brands, it's all working, unbelievable right? NO LEAKS!!!

I am so happy for the support and products all my sponsors sent to me. But even happier to be here with you.

Aw, getting to emotional now, let's get to the pictures instead ;)

Here you have two random videos:
    V8 Ocean in the Dark with RGB
    V8 Ocean by night with Lennart Rosenborg

And full galleries you can find here:
    V8 Ocean - by night - eucalyptus
    V8 Ocean - in sunlight - eucalyptus

I would also like to say thanks to a special person, Lennart Rosenborg, a professional photographer who spent the night with me and got this 4 amazing pictures for me and also the material for one of the videos linked above. So fun to share experience, listen to his knowledge and also present and show him what I am doing, I can tell you it isn't something every person sees everyday ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Zenator

Zenator Minimodder

Very cool! Sebastian. :)

9. eucalyptus

Very glad to hear that Ken :) Thanks for always being around, means a lot!

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Amazing, what a beauty :D

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lovely! :D

12. eucalyptus

:D :D cheers guys! :thumb: thanks a lot! :) very nice to hear!

13. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

eucalyptus!!!! Wow I am SO IMPRESSED!!!!! What a amazing finished project!! You have so much talent!!!! A+++ all the way from start to Finish!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

14. eucalyptus

Wow, that was very sweet said of you MeMo! Thank you, it really means a lot, for sure made my day :)

I appreciate it, take care :)

15. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Coolest space ship ever! Nicely done man!

16. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

You are very welcome!!!

17. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

Very nice build, in fact, it has been nominated for Mod of the Month! Check out the other nominations and vote for your favorite Here!

18. eucalyptus

Oh man Bartacus, thank you my friend :) Thank you so much! :D :D :D

Ohohoh, it was yoooou ;) :D I was so surprised when they tagged me on Facebook and I was like hmm, what could it possible be :p :D I am very grateful Davido, very appreciated as well :) :clap:

19. eucalyptus

Adding a few more pictures, guess everyone's not visiting Facebook, and since this one is in the MOTM competition, some more pictures won't hurt :)

Once again, thank you for all your kindness and support! You are the only reason I have this build log and strength to continue modding. Couldn't ask for better friends :blush:

**Somehow my pictures are so big? I am resizing them to 1280 x 800, super small files, so not heavy to load the page, but it's still big... What happened to the automatically re-size Bit tech used to have?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

hopefully the auto resize will be back soon. We are working on some new things ;)