1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Intel Core i3-7350K Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 9 Jan 2017.

1. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

PS just seen the comments around the "recommended" status achieved

Come on Bit tech, how is this ever to be recommended?! Speccing a build for your worst enemy maybe?! Or a spot the deliberate mistake build competition?! , but as a genuine thought out sensible option? Jeeez... I think you need to take those intel hats off.....

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Bit-Tech in my view has always been pro Intel and Nvidia regardless, but that chip isn't pointless! Just stupidly overpriced.

3. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

Exactly, and at that price it is utterly pointless.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm not sure that BT has always been pro-Intel or pro-nVidia, but I do agree that it's hard to justify a "recommended" award for this CPU. Another £60 gets you a 7600K, or you could save a fair bit by taking a non-overclocking i3 and a cheaper motherboard.

I also take issue with this line from the conclusion:
    Why would you spend £180 on this CPU just so you could drop in an i5K further down the line? The total cost would be horrendous and you'd be far better off just saving up the extra £60 and getting the i5 from the beginning. I mean, this isn't like buying the cheapest s775 C2D initially and then upgrading to a QX9770 later on :D

5. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Will pretty much the rest of technology falls in price... Intel has a different price model. Their processsors become more expensive each year. So now an i3 is close to £200... Ryzen will be my first AMD CPU. i5 2500k will be my last Intel.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

What if Ryzen is rubbish?

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Well we shall soon find out...

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

1: Rant a bit during launch week.
    2: Acknowledge that I had zero objective reason to upgrade in the first place.
    3: Blow the money on a nicer hotel during the next holiday instead or something like that.

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

>_<

La la la la la la la la la...

Last edited: 14 Jan 2017
  10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

It's not just cpu's, motherboards are getting stupidly expensive too. I got my 3570K and a maximus v gene for just under 320. The equivalent parts now cost just over 420. That's a real kick in the knackers.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2017
  11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Even if Ryzen turns out to be awesome, we're still going to pay through the nose for it. Intel has gouged the **** out of us and even real competition isn't going to make things suddenly affordable. AMD will want their chunk of the pie too. Eventually, over the course of a few years we might see prices come down a bit, but that's all.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2017
  12. rollo

rollo Modder

That's also the way I see it In relation to prices. Others are hoping for 50% price cuts vs equivalent core for core counts. Can't see it myself Intel has the most mature process in the business. Even if Intel is making 50% on each chip sold. That would mean it's still costing them on average £175 for a 7700k to make.

AMD according to some of its fans should be offering there 4 /8 chip for $150 which is not a lot more than its current range of chips.

AMD would surely be loosing money on that sale price. It's not realistic to think that global foundries has caught up to Intel on cost in 1 launch window.

The top end chip even at £800 is still 20% cheaper than the cheapest Intel 8 core which is surely enough to take market share if it's a good chip.

13. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Don't say that! - Richard Hammond

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is exactly what I'm going to do. Roll on Okinawa! :rock:

Pookie - how are are you going back when you say, always? :p

15. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

+2, ridiculous. It's almost as if they are required to recommend certain brands regardless.

Tags: Add Tags