1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 8Pack OrionX goes on sale at OcUK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jan 2017.

1. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

The 8pack systems sell well, far more sold than I thought, people who had bought their previous most expensive one asked for more... this is what they came up with.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

There's one born every minute.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

All I can say is that if you are paying £20k+ for a PC then you're a f---ing idiot.

4. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

Anyone found where the 4th Titan is?

5. rollo

rollo Modder

If you have 26k to spend on a pc your probably not a idiot though unless you won the lottery. It's like buying expensive cars or clothes. Don't really need them, but if you have the cash why not.

Overclockers must sell this to somebody or they would not bother.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Well I'll be.

7. Panos

Panos Minimodder

While I agree, is not ludicrous overpriced given the standard PC parts used which alone are more than 2/3 of the price. (the 4 Titans and the 6950 alone, cost more than £6000, add the 7700K and the 2 Baracudas you pass the £7000 mark)

nope. even on the OCUK website rear side pic, cannot find it!!!

Last edited: 28 Jan 2017
  8. davido_labido

It is in the ITX board, it is 2 computers in 1 :)

9. davido_labido

If you can afford to do it why not? I know 2 people with the 'Supernova' and they see it as a good buy.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Pictures on the store page show the Asus Z170 Mini Itx board rather than the Z270 one (you can tell the difference by the colour scheme of the mobo heatsink, black and red vs black and grey) and its pci-e slot is empty, which is further backed up by the fact that in the picture of the PCs back there are only three graphicscards.

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Much as I am inclined to agree, Overclockers seem to have successfully broken in to the part of the market where wealthy people just have to have the biggest and the best and, have enough money such that price is just not an issue. I suppose we can't really blame them for taking of advantage of rich saps.

12. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

I don't get it. Did they think people wouldn't notice?

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It started appearing at events in 2016 (before the launch of Kaby Lake and Z270), which explains why they have one with a Z170 mini itx system to take pictures of.

Maybe if someone orders one they'll take some updated pictures for the store during the building process, but just for the sake it?

14. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

is there a price breakdown of parts anywhere? seems a huge amount of markup for whats in it

15. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

They need to stop indulging that guy. 3 watercooled Titan X's for "rendering"? Right, okay.

16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Just a publicity stunt, innit? A lame publicity stunt, but it must be effective or they wouldn't bother.

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

£11976.99 for the listed components (based on ocuk prices except the Titan Xs where I took the current price from nvidia.com)
    Then add cost of the watercooling
    Then add whatever value you attribute to the custom acrylic bits / custom sleeved cables and such.

18. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I don't understand, should OCUK not make something like this just out of some bizarre principle of personal value?

For those who say spending that much on a PC is stupid, what about it it literally doesn't matter to you? There are thousands of people out there who could drop that on a PC without even thinking, and so what? Should they spend every waking moment figuring out how to maximise each and every penny they earn?

If you took this PC and take somebody who earns say £1.6M per annum, then for them it's like somebody on £25k spending ~£570 on their PC. And that's assuming that individual pays all their tax etc.

It goes the other way too, if you want to be all riteous about it. Most people here are happy to spend a couple hundred quid on a graphics card or monitor, well what about people who can't remotely afford a luxury like that? I guess you shouldn't buy that thing now because it would be morally reprehensible, could put that money elsewhere to "better" use.

What's the point of moaning about the cost of a system like that? I just see a lot of self-righteous posters moping about something they can't afford. Go make one yourself if you mind that much.

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I don't have any problem at all with a pc like that being sold, for all I care they could cover the case in diamonds and charge £500000000.

I wouldn't have any use for it.
    No I don't mind, I just like talking about PCs.

20. beef1e

beef1e What's a Dremel?

Exactly... well put ^

I want to see more companies pushing the boundaries like this. Its not something i would want or can afford but so what? thats not the point of this.

Tags: Add Tags